Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 12 week scan is going to be at 13+2. Isn’t that a bit late?

I’m losing a lot of trust in my midwife team already. They did bloods at the booking appointment for which I’ve not had the results despite them reassuring me they’d phone, and they got me to leave a pot of urine for them to dip (this was a good 2 weeks ago now). Turns out they sent it for culture then and it grew nasties, and it was only when they dipped my wee on EPU and it lit up like a Christmas tree that anyone checked it and gave me the antibiotics.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
If it's any comfort, my second turned at 34 weeks.

I'll probably get a world of answers to this but forgot to ask at my appointment earlier, if my bloods are abnormal (I suspect I'm anaemic) does the midwife ring you or do they wait until your next appointment does anyone know?
In my experience they have rang me and if I've missed the call they send a letter you need to take to your gp to be prescribed the tablets.
Might not be how it works everywhere but I doubt they will leave you wondering if you're anemic as it needs treated 😊

Ours is currently the spare room, so it’s so full of random stuff/junk I could cry at the thought of sorting it out! We’ve got to strip all the old wallpaper from the previous owners, then paint it white, and then I’m going to do the bottom half of each of the walls in that sage green colour. I actually like painting so that bit I’m looking forward to, it’s just the clearing out part I’m dreading! Seen a cute rug and light too.
Ooh this is exactly how I’m planning on decorating our nursery too! Can’t wait to get started, this is the first house I’ve ever owned and been able to decorate properly 🥰

Reactions: 2

I’m losing a lot of trust in my midwife team already. They did bloods at the booking appointment for which I’ve not had the results despite them reassuring me they’d phone, and they got me to leave a pot of urine for them to dip (this was a good 2 weeks ago now). Turns out they sent it for culture then and it grew nasties, and it was only when they dipped my wee on EPU and it lit up like a Christmas tree that anyone checked it and gave me the antibiotics.
I think it’ can be any time between 13-14 weeks. After then it could be tricky to get the measurements. So should be okay

• Heart

I’ve got mine at 13 weeks exactly, I think it’s anything up to 14+1 is ok for any nuchal testing that you’re having done (not sure if that’s exactly right but I’m nearly 100% sure 13+2 is fine!). Also usually in most cases they will only give you your blood results if something is wrong, did you specifically ask to be given them? That’s so not on about the urine sample though, really terrible.

• Heart

My 12 week scan was actually 13+4, I think they say it can be up to 14 weeks. Not good about the sample though!

Ooh this is exactly how I’m planning on decorating our nursery too! Can’t wait to get started, this is the first house I’ve ever owned and been able to decorate properly 🥰
Great minds 😊 It’s exciting isn’t it. We moved in 6 months ago so have been slowly doing each room but the nursery is by far the room I’m most looking forward to! Really hard to not go crazy with ordering things online though 😂

I had mine at 13+5, it was fine. I did have a NIPT test before as I was worried like you, being right at the end of the scale, but both scans went well ☺

• Heart
I’ve got mine at 13 weeks exactly, I think it’s anything up to 14+1 is ok for any nuchal testing that you’re having done (not sure if that’s exactly right but I’m nearly 100% sure 13+2 is fine!). Also usually in most cases they will only give you your blood results if something is wrong, did you specifically ask to be given them? That’s so not on about the urine sample though, really terrible.
Ah ok that’s great thank you!
Yeah I did ask for the blood results to be given to me, and now I’m worried that if they missed the urine they might have missed something on the bloods too. I’m going to econsult with the GP and ask them to just double check.

If it makes you feel better, I got my bloods done at my booking appointment on May 13th and I’ve only just had the results sent to me today 🙃

• Sad
Had to run some errands and was planning on letting the girls out as none of my bras are comfortable anymore..
Leaky nipple 🙄 Whhhyyyyyy....

• Sad
I don’t know if your supposed to admit this but I realllyyyy miss drinking alcohol!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Hi ladies! I’m in very early stages of pregnancy and I can’t stop worrying and thinking the worst 🤯 I had a MC in January so this experience is triggering it! I took a clear blue yesterday which said 1-2 weeks which is normal as I’m early. I have 1 left and want to take it again to see if the conception marker has went up! Is it too early to take another one too see any progress??…. Or do I just throw it out and stop stressing! I had a text book pregnancy with my son And trying to stay positive. It’s just hard it’s gunna be a long 7 weeks to wait for dating scan! Have my first tel app with midwife tomorrow xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t know if your supposed to admit this but I realllyyyy miss drinking alcohol!
Not sure if you’re the same but the euros is making it worse! Very jealous of my partner out in pubs all the time. My friends invited me out on Tuesday but I was working that evening anyway, but when I saw their videos of how rowdy it was I realised it probably wasn’t the place for a 6 month pregnant woman anyway!

Have you had any of the fake alternatives? Nosecco is alright if you want to pretend for a bit 😂

Hi ladies! I’m in very early stages of pregnancy and I can’t stop worrying and thinking the worst 🤯 I had a MC in January so this experience is triggering it! I took a clear blue yesterday which said 1-2 weeks which is normal as I’m early. I have 1 left and want to take it again to see if the conception marker has went up! Is it too early to take another one too see any progress??…. Or do I just throw it out and stop stressing! I had a text book pregnancy with my son And trying to stay positive. It’s just hard it’s gunna be a long 7 weeks to wait for dating scan! Have my first tel app with midwife tomorrow xxx
Congratulations! I would probably take the other one if it were me just because I wouldn’t be able to resist knowing it was in the house 😂 if you’re speaking to the midwife tomorrow anyway though maybe wait and ask her opinion!

Congrats 🙂
Genuinely step away from the tests, you've got a positive and no amount of testing is going to change any outcome.
Those cb weeks indicator cause so much stress for people because everyone's hgc is wildly different so doesn't always fall into the range you expect and you worry unnecessarily.

Reactions: 5
Deffo in the missing alcohol crew too.
Weird as I wasn't much of a drinker before and my husband is teetotal. I think it's especially gutting with the weather and football and we both turned 30 over the winter lockdown, but our friends are all having their birthdays now. I love an Appletiser but they're not the same.

Reactions: 5
Not sure if you’re the same but the euros is making it worse! Very jealous of my partner out in pubs all the time. My friends invited me out on Tuesday but I was working that evening anyway, but when I saw their videos of how rowdy it was I realised it probably wasn’t the place for a 6 month pregnant woman anyway!

Have you had any of the fake alternatives? Nosecco is alright if you want to pretend for a bit 😂

Congratulations! I would probably take the other one if it were me just because I wouldn’t be able to resist knowing it was in the house 😂 if you’re speaking to the midwife tomorrow anyway though maybe wait and ask her opinion!
I’ve just done it there 🙄😩😩 still says 1-2 weeks… is this normal? Got my positive on Monday on frer then done a cleablue dig yesterday which also said 1-2 weeks… so it’s only been 24 hours 😬😬😬😬 I need to stop!! Never done any of this with my son! But it’s deffo all triggered from January as I was consntaly testing to check line progress etc!

Congrats 🙂
Genuinely step away from the tests, you've got a positive and no amount of testing is going to change any outcome.
Those cb weeks indicator cause so much stress for people because everyone's hgc is wildly different so doesn't always fall into the range you expect and you worry unnecessarily.
I know! And I know deep down is anything bad was going to happen! It would be out of my control anyways! It’s just the reassurance I’m craving for I suppose! Thank you ❤

I’ve just done it there 🙄😩😩 still says 1-2 weeks… is this normal? Got my positive on Monday on frer then done a cleablue dig yesterday which also said 1-2 weeks… so it’s only been 24 hours 😬😬😬😬 I need to stop!! Never done any of this with my son! But it’s deffo all triggered from January as I was consntaly testing to check line progress etc!
I’d say at least now you’ve done, it’s positive, and you don’t have any more to be tempted into doing! It’s a worrying time at the beginning especially if you’ve been through that previously but for now as hard as it is, just try to relax and take each bit as it comes. You can mention it all to your midwife tomorrow too and I’m sure she’ll have some good advice 😊

Think we’re allowed to admit we miss it, not like we’re drinking it?! 😂😂 yes I definitely do now and then!!! Have had non alcoholic beer a few times but of course it sets off my heartburn, then again what doesn’t 🙄😆

• Heart
She said that might be an option but just depends on his position. They don’t always offer to turn (sometimes it can break their legs for example, no thank you) and also it doesn’t always work so apparently you can turn it down. I’ll just have to see if he turns before then.
I see, 🤞🏼
my little girl was successfully turned (it was quick and easy and only uncomfortable for the minute or two it took) but we still ended up with an emergency c-section for other reasons. I believe statistically babies that have been turned are more likely to end up in a c-section. I’m not sure the reason for this but from my experience, if I were to do it again, I’d have rather have had it planned than as an emergency, that or been more prepared that it might end in emergency. I wanted to experience spontaneous labour which didn’t really happen anyway, not the way I’d envisaged - I didn’t even know my forewater broke and it resulted in an induction to move things along. If you go for a planned section I think there’s a lot to be said for how calm and controlled everything is x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.