Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot quit caffeine to save my life, I still drink Pepsi and have an iced coffee every morning. I think I’m within my caffeine limits? Some days I go over a tiny bit (a lot 😂). It’s the only thing that makes me feel less sick in the morning. I drank Coke all the way through my last pregnancy because i couldn’t keep anything else down sooooooooooo I’m hoping it’ll be ok 😅 I’m a bad person.

Also @Smallpotato your poor kiddo, hope he’s okay and isn’t too battered, as you probs know kids don’t harden up when they fall like adults so I’m sure he’s absolutely fine. They’re hard as nails and you’re not a tit mum and everyone in the park can duck off 😊
Same I just can’t give up a full fat coke every few days! I used to drink loads of coffee to I’ll take it as a win I’m not having that haha

Reactions: 1
Congratulations!!! It’s lovely to have you here!

Unfortunately I’ve tried to quit the caffeine and I can’t. I’m a Diet Coke a day kinda gal. I’ve been drinking lots of cold orange squash though. I’m the same as you, I keep feeling light headed so check your iron. Also eat little and often.

My son fell 5ft out of a treehouse earlier. He’s absolutely black and blue and I feel like the worst mum. He climbed up, looked out of the window in the treehouse, stepped back and fell through the hole where the ladder was, right on his back and bum. Then because he screamed so much, he forgot to breathe and pass out. I had to drag him out of the second floor of the treehouse panicked as tit and trying to be calm as loads of kids were staring.

This was at a play park with loads of other parents and I’d love to say someone asked if we were okay or anything, but I’ve never seen so many judgemental looks in my life. I can’t climb ladders after having my hip replaced, and he’s normally so good with climbing so I just stood at the bottom. Not one person came over.

A few tears, checked him over, some Calpol and he’s fine.
Can't believe people didn't come over and help?! I'm so sorry :( but glad that he is okay, must have been so scary for you. Well done for keeping calm. Xxx

• Sad
Reactions: 2
If it’s any reassurance I know lots of people who’s babies have turned! Apparently the spinning babies exercises can really help! Don’t give up hope completely yet! But if it makes you feel better try and think of the pros of a c-section - it’ll be very calm and not rushed, you’ll not having to go through potentially days of labour pains and the ring of fire, you can still have control over the environment in the sense of music and lighting etc. And although recovery is apparently a bit tougher (though apparently MUCH easier as elective v emergency), it’ll force you to really sit and enjoy all of those newborn snuggles whilst you recover. Maybe try and find some positive c section birth stories online to help you feel better about things if it does end up going that route. Either way, you’re going to meet your baby very soon! ❤
Thanks this is really helpful! I did say to my husband is the positive for an elective section is everything is planned and controlled. Really good for my anxiety. I know exactly when he’s coming and stuff. I’ll probably get my heart set on that scenario and he’ll turn around lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can’t share this with anyone else because no one knows that we found out the sex 😂 But how cute are these little bows I got for baby!

The green one is the colour I’m going for in the nursery, which we’re starting this weekend. Exciting times!

They’re gorgeous! 💖

Just had my 31 week midwife appointment and baby is breach. Lots of time for him to turn on his own but midwife said that’s not often that happens in her experience. Check again at 34 weeks and then I’ll need a scan and an elective caesarean if he doesn’t budge. Not sure how to feel!
Did they not offer to try to turn him at 36+, maybe it’s to to with his breech position, did they say?

Did they not offer to try to turn him at 36+, maybe it’s to to with his breech position, did they say?
She said that might be an option but just depends on his position. They don’t always offer to turn (sometimes it can break their legs for example, no thank you) and also it doesn’t always work so apparently you can turn it down. I’ll just have to see if he turns before then.

Eurgh I’ve just been bit by a bug. It doesn’t hurt just a small red bump. I take it, it will be ok and I don’t need to see anyone?

Just had my 31 week midwife appointment and baby is breach. Lots of time for him to turn on his own but midwife said that’s not often that happens in her experience. Check again at 34 weeks and then I’ll need a scan and an elective caesarean if he doesn’t budge. Not sure how to feel!
If it's any comfort, my second turned at 34 weeks.

I'll probably get a world of answers to this but forgot to ask at my appointment earlier, if my bloods are abnormal (I suspect I'm anaemic) does the midwife ring you or do they wait until your next appointment does anyone know?

She said that might be an option but just depends on his position. They don’t always offer to turn (sometimes it can break their legs for example, no thank you) and also it doesn’t always work so apparently you can turn it down. I’ll just have to see if he turns before then.
Ahh yeh my first was breech until 35 weeks and I said no to the ECV does not look nice! I watched a YouTube video and it put me off haha luckily he turned, I think first babies can turn until the last minute so I wouldn't worry to much, hope it all works out for you. I've also read stories of people on the day of their c sections having scans to check the position and the baby is no longer breech so they've been sent home 🙈 they are so unpredictable aren't they haha x

Thanks this is really helpful! I did say to my husband is the positive for an elective section is everything is planned and controlled. Really good for my anxiety. I know exactly when he’s coming and stuff. I’ll probably get my heart set on that scenario and he’ll turn around lol

Ahh yeh my first was breech until 35 weeks and I said no to the ECV does not look nice! I watched a YouTube video and it put me off haha luckily he turned, I think first babies can turn until the last minute so I wouldn't worry to much, hope it all works out for you. I've also read stories of people on the day of their c sections having scans to check the position and the baby is no longer breech so they've been sent home 🙈 t
sorry toddler on my lap think the edit went massively wrong haha!!

I love these!!! 😍😍😍

what are you doing in the nursery? I’ve been putting off starting ours because we’re converting my office because it’s the nearest room to the main bedroom.
Ours is currently the spare room, so it’s so full of random stuff/junk I could cry at the thought of sorting it out! We’ve got to strip all the old wallpaper from the previous owners, then paint it white, and then I’m going to do the bottom half of each of the walls in that sage green colour. I actually like painting so that bit I’m looking forward to, it’s just the clearing out part I’m dreading! Seen a cute rug and light too.

Ah I know what you mean about putting it off, we have been for ages. How far along are you? Our baby is due at the start of October and we’ve got plans every weekend in August so we’ve set ourselves a deadline to have it done by the end of this month 🤞🏼

I know a few people whos babies have turned later than that so it can definitely happen!! Hang off of the sofa and get those frozen peas on there!!

I don't think this has been mentioned but does no one else think the masks at the scan appointments just take away from it? I HATE that I wasn't able to see my husbands face in that first scan :cry: I know it can't be helped but it's just something I feel i'll never get back

Thinking of getting the Aston Martin Surf 3 from silver cross , anyone highly recommend this?
I had the Surf for my first and whilst it was a lovely pram it was a nightmare to fold etc was very bulky and took all the room up in the boot once you'd stopped using the clip on carseat I also had endless issues in the first few weeks with the front wheels it was sent back several times to be fixed!

I had the Surf for my first and whilst it was a lovely pram it was a nightmare to fold etc was very bulky and took all the room up in the boot once you'd stopped using the clip on carseat I also had endless issues in the first few weeks with the front wheels it was sent back several times to be fixed!
urgh thats not the best because its only exlcusive to harrods , it may be a clart on trying to get things sorted

My first turned from breech to head down at 36/40. I’m not sure your midwife has counselled you well here 😂

Reactions: 3
My first turned from breech to head down at 36/40. I’m not sure your midwife has counselled you well here 😂
Yeah she kept saying there’s loads of time to turn but then she’d say ‘but once I’ve got it in my head that a baby’s breech then that’s it for me, I’m convinced that’s it.’ She admitted that’s her own thing lol she did have a breech baby herself so maybe it’s her own experience there.

I’ve posted before about my elective section - I loved it, it was so calm and controlled.

Can't believe people didn't come over and help?! I'm so sorry :( but glad that he is okay, must have been so scary for you. Well done for keeping calm. Xxx
Honestly the stares were unbelievable! He’s absolutely fine but absolutely black and blue 😭

Had my 38 weeks midwife appointment today (38+4). Growth had dipped so she sent me for a growth scan again. He's measuring 8lb8oz - big belly - so I've been referred for a consultant appointment next Thursday for a possible induction date. Little bit disappointed as I was hoping for a water birth and the freedom to move around the room but I'm also in the mindset of 'going with the flow' and what will be, will be. He's always measured big so I'm not surprised they want him out a little earlier/on due date.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.