Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's exciting! When are you due?X

I'm jealous of all you ladies getting growth scans (although thankful nothing has been flagged up for me to need one so far). I know they aren't exact but I'd love to have a rough idea of what I'm working with, I can't stop thinking about the size of the whopper I'm growing after seeing his cheeks on the 4d two weeks ago 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ I think I will probably pay for a private measuring scan in a few weeks, does anyone know the best time to do one?
They can tell you this when you have your fundal height measured and if you have online notes you can see the growth chart x

They can tell you this when you have your fundal height measured and if you have online notes you can see the growth chart x
I've been on the 50th centile so far and I don't have any online notes. I don't get many at all tbh. It's pretty vague and basic with my trust I have found

I've had a quick cry today because I just want the baby out now
I'm sore everywhere, the false labour dance is exhausting and I just want to know the baby is here safely, instead of worrying every day that something will happen

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I've had a quick cry today because I just want the baby out now
I'm sore everywhere, the false labour dance is exhausting and I just want to know the baby is here safely, instead of worrying every day that something will happen
I'm sorry, fingers crossed it's soon for you x

my friends been trying to persuade me to do a gender reveal party for most of today and it’s made me really want to harm her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
my friends been trying to persuade me to do a gender reveal party for most of today and it’s made me really want to harm her 😂
Ah my friends are the same! Dying for us to find out the gender and do a reveal and dying to throw me a baby shower and can’t understand why I don’t want one! I know it’s a lovely problem to have and stems from excitement but I’m bored of trying to explain politely why I just don’t want to without also offending anyone who has / does want one when it’s their turn.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Smallpotato ACAS can help you even if public sector too. Good luck hope you get sorted
thank you so much. I’m worried sick about an appointment that I have in August. It’s at the end of my nights, I’ve asked to take leave and it’s been refused. My appointment is at 9am, I finish at 8am, and the hospital is 60 miles away. It’s the first thing I think of when I wake up at the moment!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
thank you so much. I’m worried sick about an appointment that I have in August. It’s at the end of my nights, I’ve asked to take leave and it’s been refused. My appointment is at 9am, I finish at 8am, and the hospital is 60 miles away. It’s the first thing I think of when I wake up at the moment!
Can you call and try to request the appointment be moved to later in the day? That’s crazy that they’re being so unsupportive. Would you have an option to work through a break and leave early or make up an extra hour elsewhere? Bet you can’t wait for maternity leave! ❤

Ah my friends are the same! Dying for us to find out the gender and do a reveal and dying to throw me a baby shower and can’t understand why I don’t want one! I know it’s a lovely problem to have and stems from excitement but I’m bored of trying to explain politely why I just don’t want to without also offending anyone who has / does want one when it’s their turn.
I was exactly like this, also I hate attention. My husband at the baby shower at his work when I was pregnant! Our friend organised it and she knew I’d hate it so husband had a great time and I turned up at the end for the cake

Can you call and try to request the appointment be moved to later in the day? That’s crazy that they’re being so unsupportive. Would you have an option to work through a break and leave early or make up an extra hour elsewhere? Bet you can’t wait for maternity leave! ❤
Im an ICU nurse, I’m in from 7pm-8am. Asked if I could do a handover sheet and got told no to that as well.

I rang the appointment line when I got the letter, and my consultant only does mornings. I might ask if I can see him at midday or something.

after this year with covid, staff leaving, staff dying.., I can’t wait for maternity. I’m seriously considering not going back after this week annual leave, as Friday I was given a violent patient who kicked my nursing buddy in the jaw. Honestly 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Has anyone here got an outie as a result of their bump? Im 28 weeks and wondering if mine will pop out soon hehe 😂🤔
Mine is sometimes flat and sometimes sticks out a bit, I think it depends where baby is. I find it horrifying 😂

Sorry this is tmi but I’ve got lots of discharge in this second trimester 🙈 is anyone else the same?
Yes! Almost in the third trimester now and it’s still the same. Wearing liners and changing them a few times a day but I hate it

Sorry to hear they’re causing you so much stress. Is going off sick an option? Surely they must know that being so unsupportive might push you that way anyway ☹

Reactions: 1
I know I feel a bit like people are a bit desperate for a party at the moment too understandably but I’d rather wait till the christening when I can get drunk too 😂🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m really not a gender reveal kinda girl probably let people know on WhatsApp 😂

I was exactly like this, also I hate attention. My husband at the baby shower at his work when I was pregnant! Our friend organised it and she knew I’d hate it so husband had a great time and I turned up at the end for the cake

Im an ICU nurse, I’m in from 7pm-8am. Asked if I could do a handover sheet and got told no to that as well.

I rang the appointment line when I got the letter, and my consultant only does mornings. I might ask if I can see him at midday or something.

after this year with covid, staff leaving, staff dying.., I can’t wait for maternity. I’m seriously considering not going back after this week annual leave, as Friday I was given a violent patient who kicked my nursing buddy in the jaw. Honestly 🤦🏼‍♀️
I don’t want to be cringe and I know it must be a nightmare sometimes but icu staff really are amazing! Our dad was on a ventilator for 8 weeks at the beginning of the year and they really saved his life the nurses were amazing. It’s so difficult for patients family’s to say a proper thank you with how how things are. I really don’t know how you’ve all kept going the last year and a half! X

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
II don’t want to be cringe and I know it must be a nightmare sometimes but icu staff really are amazing! Our dad was on a ventilator for 8 weeks at the beginning of the year and they really saved his life the nurses were amazing. It’s so difficult for patients family’s to say a proper thank you with how how things are. I really don’t know how you’ve all kept going the last year and a half! X
youre a sweetheart! I absolutely love my job so much, and I love ICU. It’s a difficult time in ICUs as people are leaving in their masses, we run mainly on agency at night time which is stressful. I want you to know that we always speak to people on ventilators and chat to them all them long. During COVID I’d ring relatives at the bedside and put the phone to their loved ones ear to they could talk as they couldn’t come in.

Sorry to hear they’re causing you so much stress. Is going off sick an option? Surely they must know that being so unsupportive might push you that way anyway ☹
at the moment all pregnant people in the trust have to be redeployed to HR/Payroll/Complaints department at 28 weeks unless they say they want to stay. I’m 12 weeks today, so I have 14 weeks until that! I went to see my Mum today who said that I ought to stay off as my anxiety is 9/10. My anxiety has been sky high this year since COVID and seeing my colleagues on vents hasn’t helped!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
youre a sweetheart! I absolutely love my job so much, and I love ICU. It’s a difficult time in ICUs as people are leaving in their masses, we run mainly on agency at night time which is stressful. I want you to know that we always speak to people on ventilators and chat to them all them long. During COVID I’d ring relatives at the bedside and put the phone to their loved ones ear to they could talk as they couldn’t come in.
Yes that what they did with our dad. They were honestly so nice and kind with him and lovely to us. I can’t imagine what’s it’s been like for you all. Even not being pregnant I recon you’d be needing some long holidays so I don’t think it’s surprising your feeling stressed and a bit done with it all.
Dads pretty much back to how he was btw his favourite thing is telling us all about his trips and haluncinations from the drugs in icu 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes that what they did with our dad. They were honestly so nice and kind with him and lovely to us. I can’t imagine what’s it’s been like for you all. Even not being pregnant I recon you’d be needing some long holidays so I don’t think it’s surprising your feeling stressed and a bit done with it all.
Dads pretty much back to how he was btw his favourite thing is telling us all about his trips and haluncinations from the drugs in icu 🤦🏽‍♀️😂
ICU delirium is such a huge thing and so scary! When I was a student I thought everyone was asleep, but you’re in that phase of sleep when you’re dozing on the sofa but still can hear everything. I’m so pleased your dad is doing well!

• Heart
@Smallpotato Now you're 12 weeks, you should have a risk assessment done ASAP. Thankfully I work in oncology so all I had to avoid was chemo whilst on the ward. I'm so sorry you're struggling though especially after the year we've had in the NHS! Maybe you can raise in your risk assessment that your mental health in taking a hit?

@Smallpotato Now you're 12 weeks, you should have a risk assessment done ASAP. Thankfully I work in oncology so all I had to avoid was chemo whilst on the ward. I'm so sorry you're struggling though especially after the year we've had in the NHS! Maybe you can raise in your risk assessment that your mental health in taking a hit?
Agreed with this push occy health for your risk assessment, I had mine at 8 weeks as I was high risk and was moved from ICU to a cold ward. Your trust really need to be doing more and mither your union hourly I'd you have too what they're doing isn't right @Smallpotato

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Was meant to have my risk assessment last week, didn’t happen. 🙃 it’s just ridiculous isn’t it?

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.