Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Woo another member of team no sleep over here! I really tried my hardest to not look at my phone, I should have known some of you would have been awake and though! 🙈 I'm having reiki done at 10 so I'm hoping I will doze off then, or a little midday nap as I'm already exhausted!

Reactions: 6

noseyqueen14

Chatty Member
girls you need to watch this sex drive on Netflix that will get you in the mood for sure ;)

Also got my scan today can't wait :D

• Heart

Nursty

VIP Member
Random question but I've been speaking to my husband about it wanted to know what everyone else's thoughts are - when baby is here how do you guys feel about in laws/extended family etc holding the baby? Pre covid I was fine with my first son but this time round I feel Abit ahh stay away from my baby just as she will have no jabs/protection until she is 8 weeks and I don't know where these people have been who they have seen. Do you think it's unreasonable if I ask them to do a lateral flow test before they come over? Or am I being over the top I have alot of family that work in schools and that freaks me out at the mo 😂
We will most certainly be operating a system of lateral flow, handwashing and masks. I think you have to do what you feel comfortable with and I wouldn't judge anyone for how they handle it all.
That said, I've made a rule this time around (having had a house load of my in-laws which was 8 adults in total descend on me 2 days after my firsts birth AND I laid on lunch - wtf) that if you're coming to visit, it's not for the first two weeks and when you do you either come baring food or you complete a chore otherwise no admittance. 😂

• Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
Bum is still hurting but baby is now moving happily after my little slip down the stairs. Going go monitor it over next hour and if anything changes will phone midwife
Hope you'll feel better soon!

Went shopping with my mom today, which was lovely, then went to my parents' house. Was the first time seeing my dad in ages and after saying hi and acknowledging my bump he said "Looks like milk production has started as well!". I mean, yeah, my breast are bigger, but I'm quite self conscious about them, so I told him I wasn't comfortable with him saying that. "Well, it's true, isn't it? So what's the problem?"
Ugh 🙄 Why do people think it's okay to say stuff like that? It's not funny...

• Wow
  • Sad

wakametango

Chatty Member
We’ve not had sex since 5 weeks pregnant (now nearly 26 weeks). I was too sick to be rocked about and then when I found out I was Rhesus negative my midwife said if I were to bleed I would need to go and get an anti D jab and it seems to much hassle 😂. Tbh I usually have a high sex drive and I’m just not interested at all. My partner is very understanding too.

That sounds disappointing, glad you’ve booked a private scan! Sounds like she wanted you in and out x
Sorry, rocked about made me giggle 🙊🙊🙊

I was also told afterwards my grunting when manoeuvring wasn’t sexy 😂 I can’t move these days without a deep grunt to get me started 🐷

• Haha

Virgin Media Fan

Chatty Member
Oh I'm so glad you lot have brought this up, I'm 31 weeks and my youngest is 10 months 😳 and my oldest has just turned 3. I'm currently sitting here like omg wtf am I going to do 😩

• Haha

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Glad I’m not the only one with a in law Xmas crisis already. It’s stressing me out so much. I want to do what I want to do and balls to them, they never visit us, they don’t really do anything for us but want the glory of babies first Xmas. Never mind the fact it’s MY BABY and I might like to spend it doing what I want to do. I’d rather spend it at my house (first Xmas in our new house with baby) and for my parents to come over who literally do so much for us. Just causes so much tension

• Heart

Hbirdette

VIP Member
@Easilyannoyed - what are your wedding plans lovely? How exciting.

]@Hbirdette- how are you doing new mumma? How are things going with your little one?
Hello I’ve just noticed this! Things are going really well thank you, 15 weeks on Friday which totally blows my mind. I have a feeling he’s about to start teething as he’s constantly chewing his fist or anything I put near him. I can’t see anything in his mouth yet but I’m sure he’ll let me know about it 😂 we are very lucky that he’s a chilled out, happy baby for now - long may it last!!

• Heart

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
My partner has just went to the metro centre and said its to shop for my birthday presents and I genuinely full forgot its my birthday in less than 3 weeks 😂 amazing what you forget when your baby is due in the same month

Mel17

What are your ladies thoughts on early scans? I am just worrying myself that something is going to go wrong.. this is triggered by MC back in jan! I will be 5 weeks tomorrow so would book one for around 7 weeks. I just don’t know what to do, I feel sick with worry and the thought of waiting another 6 weeks or so until my 12W one really makes me anxious. Xx

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
McDonald’s chips are my hangover saviour so they kind of make me feel funny any other time! I’m also not a big burger fan (never ever had a Big Mac!) and I can’t handle dairy much these days so milkshakes and McFlurries make me sick…. BUT all of this McDonald’s chat is making me really hungry and craving some chips and sweet chilli sauce and maaaaybe a cheeky little cheeseburger! I’m off to Tesco soon to hunt out some new ice lollies, having one a day minimum at the minute and they’re all I can think about. X

Reactions: 5

Hannah_204

VIP Member
I feel like we’re going to be inundated with football baby grows when ours comes 😖 I’ll have to leave the baby with him on match days and get out 😂
I’m a big fan of bright colours and animals prints on baby girls no idea what I’d dress a boy in. I like a bit of tack occasionally tbh 😂 I really want matching Christmas family pjs but it’s currently a firm no from my partner booo

also I’ve found this site This morning where you can check which prams fit in your boot from your reg in case it’s useful for anyone.
Mybuggymycar

• Heart

sodit

VIP Member
Deffo in the missing alcohol crew too.
Weird as I wasn't much of a drinker before and my husband is teetotal. I think it's especially gutting with the weather and football and we both turned 30 over the winter lockdown, but our friends are all having their birthdays now. I love an Appletiser but they're not the same.

DaisyDaisy87

VIP Member
I’ve got home and done several more pregnancy tests and they are all positive, and I’m so hurt that I couldn’t get scanned. I sobbed all the way home.
Can you get a private scan outside of your area? Where I live there’s usually loads of spare slots midweek. If you don’t mind saying whereabouts you live I can help look online! Hope you’re okay, that sounds like horrible treatment. ☹ I know it’s hard but try not to think the worst, so many people on here have been told similar things incorrectly. Big hugs ❤

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Re Mam bottles - they are great for the sterilisation method but don’t stand them in a jug of water to warm them, water can seep in. Absolutely heart breaking when it’s expressed milk that’s taken you hours to get😩

The period pants - I think they’d be great to help any leaks but probably you’d still need a pad for the first few weeks as it’s not really the same as period blood in my experience, like more mucous-y and clots 🥴. I’ve not used period pants so I may be completely wrong but I’d get some pads too or even panty liners to catch the bits that don’t absorb.