Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah me too I’m lucky my partner keeps telling me I look good (even if he’s just being nice 😂)

I wouldn’t mind but I didn’t even think I was that big until she said it! But you’re right we’re growing a whole baby so obviously we’ll be getting bigger 🙄

Feel you on the swelling feet, that was a nightmare when it got really hot last week!
Honestly none of my nice shoes fit I have linked the shoes I am currently wearing everyday other than crocs. Maybe they are being nice but it does make you feel better. I bet you aren’t even big and even if you are everyone carries babies differently so ignore it babe x My dad rings me and says are you ok fatty! My dad is like that and he doesn’t mean it like it’s fine from him I know he is winding me up but the twins things really annoys me. Update I had the diabetes test today no one could get blood from me had to have it from my hand after several attempts feeling like a pin cushion xx Amazon product

Baby boys tummy was measuring on the border of being classed as big so now have to do glucose tests at home for the next week
What does that mean if it comes back as high like no one has even explained to me if I come back as gestational diabetes what it means xx

Reactions: 2
Super naive question- do you have to pump if you’re breastfeeding?
My thinking is more because we’ve got our wedding reception (we had our wedding during covid so still due the party side of it!) when he’s 5months old and we’re due a free bar so I definitely want to pump so I can have a night off bf then if possible. And I’m guessing to get him used to the bottle I need to pump a little prior to that so my husband can try feeding him breast milk through the bottle? I don’t actually know though, looking forward to learning a lot more in classes 🤣

Feeling awful today. Really headachey, sore throat, thick head. Achey. Just awful. And it's only Tuesday... Urgh!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I had my dating scan today which went well. We had a lovely sonographer and baby was stubborn as could be. I was failing my hips all around to get them to move so she could measure. We saw little hands, feet, baby putting hands on their tummy it was incredible, doing the most long legged stretches ever!

We’ve told a few more people, most of which were ecstatic. My lifelong childhood friend was quite rude, simple said ‘I knew as much’ even though I haven’t seen her or spoken to her properly in weeks. Disheartening but we move onwards and I feel lucky to have the few friends who have been excited

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I had my dating scan today which went well. We had a lovely sonographer and baby was stubborn as could be. I was failing my hips all around to get them to move so she could measure. We saw little hands, feet, baby putting hands on their tummy it was incredible, doing the most long legged stretches ever!

We’ve told a few more people, most of which were ecstatic. My lifelong childhood friend was quite rude, simple said ‘I knew as much’ even though I haven’t seen her or spoken to her properly in weeks. Disheartening but we move onwards and I feel lucky to have the few friends who have been excited
Amazing ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have a close family member who always does this. No matter when you tell her you’re pregnant, she knew. 12 weeks? She knew. 12 minutes after conception? She knew. Even when there is no way she could know? She knew.

She was absolutely RAGING though when it came to my sister as she genuinely didn’t know, and was caught very off guard before she said her usual “oh I thought so”. Made us laugh because she was like 😳😳😳 for about 10 seconds 🤣 she then didn’t speak to my sister for about two weeks 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have a close family member who always does this. No matter when you tell her you’re pregnant, she knew. 12 weeks? She knew. 12 minutes after conception? She knew. Even when there is no way she could know? She knew.

She was absolutely RAGING though when it came to my sister as she genuinely didn’t know, and was caught very off guard before she said her usual “oh I thought so”. Made us laugh because she was like 😳😳😳 for about 10 seconds 🤣 she then didn’t speak to my sister for about two weeks 🤣
Oh my god! This will be my friend. Why do people do it!? She was just like ‘ah congratulations I thought as much’ it’s like jeeez come on you didn’t know as I’ve not mentioned anything about trying or anything of the like. It’s like a defence thing or something that they cannot be jealous or upset because they already knew. Like fine, if you say so! I sense she won’t speak to me for ages as I only told her my EDD was ‘end of December’ so she’s probably uppity about that.

Thank you so much darling girl. Sending you a big big squeeze ❤❤❤

Reactions: 4
Mehhh I can't wait to be just a few weeks further 😩 21+3 today and movements have felt way less than usual.. called the midwife team and they don't do anything for movements until 24 weeks.

I know it's early-ish still but I know what I've felt over the past few weeks, and I started feeling it earlier than most. So to suddenly not feel anything all day when I usually spend half my day staring at my belly jiggling from kicks is freaking me out a bit :(
Hey, just checking in and seeing if you are okay and if bubba was having a quiet day. Have been thinking of you. X

Oh my god! This will be my friend. Why do people do it!? She was just like ‘ah congratulations I thought as much’ it’s like jeeez come on you didn’t know as I’ve not mentioned anything about trying or anything of the like. It’s like a defence thing or something that they cannot be jealous or upset because they already knew. Like fine, if you say so! I sense she won’t speak to me for ages as I only told her my EDD was ‘end of December’ so she’s probably uppity about that.

Thank you so much darling girl. Sending you a big big squeeze ❤❤❤
Yes I think with my family member a lot is to do with jealousy. Not necessarily that she wants to be pregnant (she has kids) but more that it means that someone else in the family will be getting attention. She was extremely jealous of my sister’s pregnancy, in a way I never noticed her being with any of mine. All very odd!

Reactions: 1
one of my friends openly said on a group chat of 6 of us, 'are you preggers yet' to me.....nice one :O what is wrong with people?!?! Yes that's exactly the way i'm going to tell you all o_O

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Have my 20 weeks scan tomorrow. Can't wait to see her again ❤
She's happily kicking away at the moment.

I'm still super tired though 😩 Doesn't help that I worked 12 hours today with about 20 min break. Ugh...

Hope everyone else is doing well ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was really annoyed my MIL said “oh I had a feeling”…. Well your frozen shocked face and lack of reaction for ten seconds said otherwise, and you’d have no reason to have had an inkling so please stop! I think sometimes people just feel like they have to say something and love to feel like a know it all.

Have my 20 weeks scan tomorrow. Can't wait to see her again ❤
She's happily kicking away at the moment.

I'm still super tired though 😩 Doesn't help that I worked 12 hours today with about 20 min break. Ugh...

Hope everyone else is doing well ❤
Aww I have my scan tomorrow too! Feeling a mix of nerves and excitement. I’ll be 20 weeks actually on Friday and feeling really well, thankfully! Anterior placenta so haven’t felt anything yet, well two small pops but to be frank I’ve had so much wind I really couldn’t say for sure it was baby and not just my tummy!! 🥴Can’t wait to start feeling him or her. We are team surprise so I’m hoping I don’t go in and see a willy on screen right away!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I was really annoyed my MIL said “oh I had a feeling”…. Well your frozen shocked face and lack of reaction for ten seconds said otherwise, and you’d have no reason to have had an inkling so please stop! I think sometimes people just feel like they have to say something and love to feel like a know it all.

Aww I have my scan tomorrow too! Feeling a mix of nerves and excitement. I’ll be 20 weeks actually on Friday and feeling really well, thankfully! Anterior placenta so haven’t felt anything yet, well two small pops but to be frank I’ve had so much wind I really couldn’t say for sure it was baby and not just my tummy!! Can’t wait to start feeling him or her. We are team surprise so I’m hoping I don’t go in and see a willy on screen right away!
My placenta was also supposed to be anterior, but I've been feeling kicks for about 4 weeks now (I'm 21 weeks on Friday). So maybe my placenta moved? Or maybe she's Bruce Lee 2.0 😳

Good luck tomorrow! Hope all will go well, enjoy! ❤

The good thing of being so tired is that I'm too tired to worry 🙃

Reactions: 5
My placenta was also supposed to be anterior, but I've been feeling kicks for about 4 weeks now (I'm 21 weeks on Friday). So maybe my placenta moved? Or maybe she's Bruce Lee 2.0 😳

Yeah same here with the placenta, but I too feel her kicking away quite forcefully so 🤷🏼‍♀️ 🥰

Good luck in your scans ladies.

• Heart

I had 2 scans that said different things about placenta placement- one said anterior and one said posterior. I questioned it the next time and it turns out mine was right at the top so it was kind of rocking back and forth so sometimes at front ans sometimes at back x

Yes I think with my family member a lot is to do with jealousy. Not necessarily that she wants to be pregnant (she has kids) but more that it means that someone else in the family will be getting attention. She was extremely jealous of my sister’s pregnancy, in a way I never noticed her being with any of mine. All very odd!
I think that’s the nail on the head! We've drifted apart the last year or so after having our first babies close together so I think she feels put out that she wasn’t ‘in on it’ which is ridiculous as any woman who’s had a child knows how hard the first trimester is and the worries that come with it!

parenting, pregnancy and friendships is a right mix isn’t it! Sounds like one of those Angus thongs and full frontal snogging books😂

• Haha
I’m also planning on getting the Purflo nest thing. I like the fact it’s safer for daytime naps if nothing else. I read in to why they were no longer recommended and found it quite interesting as in every case that a baby nest was involved in a baby death, there were other factors at play too. There were seven non UK cases of infant death using a baby nest but all of those occurred when parents were cosleeping and had the nest in the bed with them. And around 10 others prior to 2010 where baby’s position and blankets were also a factor but they have to report that these nests were involved in the very tragic circumstances. Isn’t it a bit like banning rubber rings because some people didn’t bother to inflate them and drowned?
This is the exact conclusion I came to. So many friends recommended the nests to help with sleeping but I was put off by the info suggesting you shouldn't use them. Everything I've read points to a lack of research that proves they are safe, rather than any research that suggests they are unsafe. Because morally noone is going to carry out actual planned research on a newborn baby to see if something is dangerous for them. Like you said, there hasn't been any cases where a nest is solely responsible for a problem (that I found). Not suggesting this makes them safe of course but I would consider using one based on this, if needed

Mine is anterior too, I mentioned to the midwife about the kicking and how early I could feel it and she said she didn't know why so many people think you can't feel kicks but you can 🤷‍♀️ can vouch for that cos I've had seven shades of tit kicked out me frequently and from quite early on 🤣

• Haha
Ahhh I’m only 17 weeks but have a posterior placenta and overthinking every gas bubble! 🤣 just can’t wait to feel him now!

• Heart
Ive given up today. 22weeks, I look full term, babies in every position in my back & I honestly don't think I can work anymore I'm so exhausted and sore 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.