Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m waiting for the my two hours at the hospital for my diabetes test I am so bored. Not sure if anyone is interested but I am considering getting this as it says it is certified for safe sleeping not a sleepy head but something very similar. My friend still uses a sleepyhead even though she isn’t meant to makes me stressed thinking about it however I know it is everyone’s choice xxx

Reactions: 4
Is anyone planning to have or has had the Group B strep test? The NHS don’t offer it and I’d never actually heard of it until someone in our NCT group brought it up. On one hand, the risk of having it/it actually affecting the baby seems low but on the other, the private test isn’t tooo expensive and better to be safe than sorry?! Argh more decisions to make 🥴

Reactions: 1
I’m waiting for the my two hours at the hospital for my diabetes test I am so bored. Not sure if anyone is interested but I am considering getting this as it says it is certified for safe sleeping not a sleepy head but something very similar. My friend still uses a sleepyhead even though she isn’t meant to makes me stressed thinking about it however I know it is everyone’s choice xxx
Hopefully the wait goes quick for you and the results come back okay!

Is it the Purflo one you’re looking at getting? I’m interested in it too. I know that one has been certified for safe sleeping, they look fab xxx

Is it the Purflo one you’re looking at getting? I’m interested in it too. I know that one has been certified for safe sleeping, they look fab xxx
I looked at the Purflo one too, thinking of getting it!

• Heart
Being induced at 39 weeks (17th July - all booked in) but need stretch and sweeps from 38 weeks so nervous now there's a plan in place haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is anyone planning to have or has had the Group B strep test? The NHS don’t offer it and I’d never actually heard of it until someone in our NCT group brought it up. On one hand, the risk of having it/it actually affecting the baby seems low but on the other, the private test isn’t tooo expensive and better to be safe than sorry?! Argh more decisions to make 🥴
Yep I literally ordered mine this morning. Just under 40 quid which isn't too bad. I always knew I would do it though as I've had group B strep in the past that was picked up on a UTI test. It can be transient so I may not have it now but I think better safe than sorry.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried perineal massage yet? It was mentioned on a few talks on the baby show about starting it at 35 weeks and my friend who is a midwife has recommended me to try it. Just wondering if anyone has and how easy/difficult it is. I'm a few weeks off 35 weeks yet but would love to hear others opinions x

Reactions: 3

Yes this is the one I think I will get https://www.madeformums.com/reviews...by-bed-review/?image=2&type=gallery&gallery=1 what do you think of it? I have heard it creates a safe feeling for them I just want to do what’s best but my friend and her sleepyhead makes me worry but she probably hasn’t read up on it and I don’t want to be one of those people who comments her baby is nearly four months old is so cute I am not one to judge I just want to make sure I am doing what’s best xxx

Yes this is the one I think I will get https://www.madeformums.com/reviews...by-bed-review/?image=2&type=gallery&gallery=1 what do you think of it? I have heard it creates a safe feeling for them I just want to do what’s best but my friend and her sleepyhead makes me worry but she probably hasn’t read up on it and I don’t want to be one of those people who comments her baby is nearly four months old is so cute I am not one to judge I just want to make sure I am doing what’s best xxx
I didn't realise there were safe options for overnight so thank you for sharing x

• Heart
I’ve just rang the doctors to make a midwife appointment, compared to my last experience they were lovely! She’s going to ring in 2/3 weeks to book me in!

Reactions: 7
This is the one I’m planning on getting too. All my friends have used sleepyheads overnight and had no issues, but seeing as this one is basically the same but approved I’m going to go with this x

Did you just leave them loose in the cot in normal sleep wear? (Please forgive if a stupid question!)

I've kinda gone down a swaddle rabbit hole and sat there without thinking about other options.
With baby 2,3&4 we co slept so never used a cot, so they are just in a sleep suit. Baby 1 did sleep in a cot and she would have had a sleep suit and a grobag (when it was cool) or just her sleepsuit if it was warm enough.

Oh hope his/her hips are OK now? Quick question what do you look out for in terms of hip health with baby carriers? For example I've heard varying things about the baby bjorn carrier even though it's been certified as hip healthy by the hip dysplasia institute so I'm a tad confused...
In a carrier, it needs to support your baby in the M position, from knee to knee. So that means that with many (usually cheap) carries the base which goes under their crotch is quite slender, and their legs dangle down. You want a nice wide seat for them so it support them from one knee to the other, no dangly legs. The M position is telling us that their knees should be held slightly higher than their bottom, so they make an M shape, where the top parts are their knees and the middle down part of the M is their bum. Reputable brands (Tula, Boba, Beck, Integra, for example) will
All have this type of seat as standard. Other brands (eg baby bjorn) are moving towards it but not all their carriers may be that way. This applies mostly to buckle carriers.

ETA: imagine you are in a harness for climbing etc, it is similar to how a baby would be in a carrier which isn’t knee to knee. Not so comfy. Naturally even as adults when we sit we try to support ourselves to your knees - think of how you sit on a chair to be comfy 😊

D478269E-3001-4E25-9E68-3D0B3DAB9749.jpeg
AD054D60-5EF4-461D-8885-8A8604F5FF64.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Yep I literally ordered mine this morning. Just under 40 quid which isn't too bad. I always knew I would do it though as I've had group B strep in the past that was picked up on a UTI test. It can be transient so I may not have it now but I think better safe than sorry.
Ah then definitely if you’ve had it before. Also thinking it can’t do any harm - I’ve read the website now and it’s slightly scared me!

GBS was picked up in my urine at 8 weeks, I had never even heard of it before then so I've spent the last 21 weeks worrying and reading horror stories. It scares me that I could have given birth without knowing I was a carrier and potentially pass it onto my baby. It's quite common to be a carrier and although the risk of baby picking it up is quite low, there is still a risk and for the sake of £40 or something, I would say it's 100% worth it x

Where did you order it from? I had it a few years ago so I want to double check again x

Oh hope his/her hips are OK now? Quick question what do you look out for in terms of hip health with baby carriers? For example I've heard varying things about the baby bjorn carrier even though it's been certified as hip healthy by the hip dysplasia institute so I'm a tad confused...
Sorry to quote you again, but couldn’t add to my last post. You can find a list of hip healthy carries here. It lists by brand and then the products within that brand. It’s an extensive list, so maybe best finding a carrier you like the look of and checking if it’s on there, rather than trying to use the list to find a carrier if that makes sense?

She's 6 now, she had her annual review recently and it looks as good as the other hip although she'll be reviewed in another 2 years just to be sure as she had closed reduction surgery but she's doing brilliantly, thanks :) If it's certified by the hip dysplasia institute then it's ggod, basically your looking for one that their wee hips are spread out and bum lower than the knees and face inwards as it gives them more support rather than their wee legs dangling. I used a wrap with my 2nd as I was able to adjust it myself until she was in a position I was happy with
nothing to add but I have hip dysplasia! I had a hip replacement in 2018 as treatment in the 80s was shite. So pleased your little one is okay!

nothing to add but I have hip dysplasia! I had a hip replacement in 2018 as treatment in the 80s was shite. So pleased your little one is okay!
3 of my aunts had hip replacements before they were 50, 1 of them was told it was a "clicky hip" that had been missed that caused it. Thankfully they do better checks now, much easier to deal with at an early age, she adjusted so easily

Anyone who is hoping to/has breastfed, what pumps are best? It’s a minefield out there haha. I think I want an electric but there’s lots to choose from! Do the single pumps make much of difference from the double ones?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.