Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I’m new to this thread 👋. Recently found out that I’m pregnant and it will be my first, really excited but also finding it really hard to not worry about something going wrong 🥺

I can’t wait for the first scan but also feel really anxious, does anyone have any tips on how they coped with the worry?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi everyone, I’m new to this thread 👋. Recently found out that I’m pregnant and it will be my first, really excited but also finding it really hard to not worry about something going wrong 🥺

I can’t wait for the first scan but also feel really anxious, does anyone have any tips on how they coped with the worry?
Hi, welcome!!

Congratulations ❤ If I’m honest, there is no easy way to get through the first few weeks except to take it day by day. the days then turn into weeks, but there’s never a time you don’t bloomin’ worry unfortunately! I think you just learn to have it and put it to the side.
It’s a worrisome time, but I promise it goes get a little easier bit by bit,and we are all here to be an ear to bend ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ive given up today. 22weeks, I look full term, babies in every position in my back & I honestly don't think I can work anymore I'm so exhausted and sore 😭
Sending you a big hug! Hope you manage to get some rest when you get home from work. ❤

Reactions: 2
Hi, welcome!!

Congratulations ❤ If I’m honest, there is no easy way to get through the first few weeks except to take it day by day. the days then turn into weeks, but there’s never a time you don’t bloomin’ worry unfortunately! I think you just learn to have it and put it to the side.
It’s a worrisome time, but I promise it goes get a little easier bit by bit,and we are all here to be an ear to bend ❤
thanks so much☺❤ I think you’re right though and one worry will just be replaced by another! I’m going to try to stop googling everything like I’m doing at the moment, but this thread seems really helpful and I love reading all the updates from people further along, I’m sure I’ll be on here at later dates asking questions😆

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ive given up today. 22weeks, I look full term, babies in every position in my back & I honestly don't think I can work anymore I'm so exhausted and sore 😭
been thinking of you. Nearly fainted at work as it was so hot and a doctor was doing a trache and I was like 🤢 🤢 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 2
My placenta was also supposed to be anterior, but I've been feeling kicks for about 4 weeks now (I'm 21 weeks on Friday). So maybe my placenta moved? Or maybe she's Bruce Lee 2.0 😳

Good luck tomorrow! Hope all will go well, enjoy! ❤

The good thing of being so tired is that I'm too tired to worry 🙃
Mine is posterior and I haven’t felt a thing yet 🙈 I’m 20 weeks 🙈

Reactions: 1
thanks so much☺❤ I think you’re right though and one worry will just be replaced by another! I’m going to try to stop googling everything like I’m doing at the moment, but this thread seems really helpful and I love reading all the updates from people further along, I’m sure I’ll be on here at later dates asking questions😆
I won’t lie, the first 12 weeks feels like it takes forever but once you hit that time goes so quickly so just try and enjoy as much as you can do!! Would defo recommend a private scan at around 8 weeks if you can for peace of mind, they can find a heartbeat by then and once you have that you’ll have a little more reassurance to get you through until your nhs dating scan! Enjoy! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes this is the one I think I will get https://www.madeformums.com/reviews...by-bed-review/?image=2&type=gallery&gallery=1 what do you think of it? I have heard it creates a safe feeling for them I just want to do what’s best but my friend and her sleepyhead makes me worry but she probably hasn’t read up on it and I don’t want to be one of those people who comments her baby is nearly four months old is so cute I am not one to judge I just want to make sure I am doing what’s best xxx
Yes that’s the one! ☺
Apparently the sides are firmer than the Sleepyheads so it doesn’t pose a risk of SIDS. I read babies are meant to settle in them better as it makes them feel like they’re back in the womb. I personally wouldn’t risk a sleepyhead for overnight use but I totally agree with what you said in regards to your friend.
Are you planning on using the Purflo bed inside a “next to me” style crib? I literally have no idea when it comes to this sort of stuff! Xxx

Reactions: 3
been thinking of you. Nearly fainted at work as it was so hot and a doctor was doing a trache and I was like 🤢 🤢 🤢
Oh I'd of been outta there. I picked up a bank shift in the cath lab today (yknow I like to punish myself clearly) and removing a fem stop coulda brought me to tears 😂

Hey congratulations and welcome to the best thread 🧵 on here! I want to say to you stop googling I have been upset worried crying for over half of my pregnancy so far and now in my third trimester I am now only just enjoying it. Take each week as it comes and it is normal to worry but also try and smile even if it is to yourself. Things which helped my anxiety were additional private scans I had an early scan at the hospital as it took us years to conceive and I basically thought I had period pain after my positive test- turns out I was 6 weeks pregnant and saw my little shrimp on the screen I really couldn’t believe my eyes. I have had two private scans one at 17 weeks which was more for my partner to know the sex of the baby for me I reassured me she was growing well. Then at 29 weeks I had a hd scan. I attended the normal Nhs 12 + 20 week plus one growth scan and my early scan the doctor sent me to. Make sure you are taking your vitamin d and folic acid. Try and think positively because negative thoughts invade my mind and I have to block them out now and try and enjoy it. If you are really struggling you may be able to get pre natal therapy I probably should have had this but didn’t know about it. This thread has helped me deal with a lot of emotions and so many women on here have reassured me worry is normal. You can ask anything and I bet some wonderful lady can help really wish you the best because I have been there and ir is over whelming xx

Mine is posterior and I haven’t felt a thing yet 🙈 I’m 20 weeks 🙈
I would say I didn’t get anything until 22 weeks and mine is posterior wait until it starts my baby feels like it wants to break free and keep me from falling asleep 😴 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just went for a wax and the lady that does it asked me again when I’m due. When I said start of October she said oh you’re quite big already then, are you sure it’s not twins?

🙄🙄🙄 thanks 🙄🙄🙄
🙄 its so annoying isnt it!!!
Why do people think it’s an acceptable thing to say?! 😂

I’m 5ft2 usually a size 8/10, 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve only put on 7lbs.
A good handful of people have commented - are you sure it’s not twins?. I’ve been to enough scans now to be certain there is just one in there 😑. I honestly don’t even feel that big but thanks to them I now feel like the size of an elephant and question it a lot 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes that’s the one! ☺
Apparently the sides are firmer than the Sleepyheads so it doesn’t pose a risk of SIDS. I read babies are meant to settle in them better as it makes them feel like they’re back in the womb. I personally wouldn’t risk a sleepyhead for overnight use but I totally agree with what you said in regards to your friend.
Are you planning on using the Purflo bed inside a “next to me” style crib? I literally have no idea when it comes to this sort of stuff! Xxx
I was thinking of trying it but it is so daunting isn’t it like will I sleep not because of her waking up but I mean because I will
Be so on edge I have seen some other sleep suit things which are meant to be great as well. My mum and dad and my partners mum have said they will buy us something so I will ask for the snuz pod and the purflo I think. Have you bought much else? I now have two baby grows and the tommee tippee uv steriliser and the prep machine, baby grooming kit, digital thermometer so at least I’ve made a start. Watched loads of pram reviews and been to look in real life. The pram choice is what I am finding hard as I want something fictional but also nice looking I looked at an electric assisted pram too but now I am thinking should I just save money and get a I candy all terrain 🤷🏽‍♀️ Honestly feel like they all have plus and minus points it’s like buying a car! X

🙄 its so annoying isnt it!!!
Why do people think it’s an acceptable thing to say?! 😂

I’m 5ft2 usually a size 8/10, 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve only put on 7lbs.
A good handful of people have commented - are you sure it’s not twins?. I’ve been to enough scans now to be certain there is just one in there 😑. I honestly don’t even feel that big but thanks to them I now feel like the size of an elephant and question it a lot 🥲
Exactly this! I’m similar height and build and although I’ve defo got a proper bump now (25 weeks) I don’t feel that big!

I can ignore it really but it does play on my mind as I’m finding my body changing quite a big thing to adjust to as it is 🙄

Glad I’m not the only one it happens to though 😂 The woman who said it today has 3 kids of her own, surely she’d know that’s not what anyone wants to hear!

Reactions: 6
I was thinking of trying it but it is so daunting isn’t it like will I sleep not because of her waking up but I mean because I will
Be so on edge I have seen some other sleep suit things which are meant to be great as well. My mum and dad and my partners mum have said they will buy us something so I will ask for the snuz pod and the purflo I think. Have you bought much else? I now have two baby grows and the tommee tippee uv steriliser and the prep machine, baby grooming kit, digital thermometer so at least I’ve made a start. Watched loads of pram reviews and been to look in real life. The pram choice is what I am finding hard as I want something fictional but also nice looking I looked at an electric assisted pram too but now I am thinking should I just save money and get a I candy all terrain 🤷🏽‍♀️ Honestly feel like they all have plus and minus points it’s like buying a car! X
The pram is what I’m finding impossible too 🙈🙈 you see one you like then you read the reviews and it’s a bit meh. There’s just too much choice!!!

The pram is what I’m finding impossible too 🙈🙈 you see one you like then you read the reviews and it’s a bit meh. There’s just too much choice!!!
See I think there isn’t that much choice only because there isn’t one pram that does Everything thing for me like it could be the most amazing pram but it looks so uninspiring or it looks good but it’s over priced and flimsy or it doesn’t fold well I feel like I can’t win. When I buy a handbag all I have to think is yes it looks nice and yes my phone fits in it this is so hard as Safety weight size price what car seat it’s crazy! Have you been to look at any?

See I think there isn’t that much choice only because there isn’t one pram that does Everything thing for me like it could be the most amazing pram but it looks so uninspiring or it looks good but it’s over priced and flimsy or it doesn’t fold well I feel like I can’t win. When I buy a handbag all I have to think is yes it looks nice and yes my phone fits in it this is so hard as Safety weight size price what car seat it’s crazy! Have you been to look at any?
I’m exactly the same. My friends with children all seam to recommend the uppababy vista but going to go look at some make sure their light enough for me to get in the car by myself etc

I know what you mean!!! We went for a quick look and standard my husband was like that ones good.....the first one I took out 😂😂🙈🙈 swear my dog has a longer attention span

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've bought two prams. I've always loved them and couldn't wait to own my own!!! Literally love going to 'testdrive' prams in shops, I would always head straight to the pram section in a shop without even thinking about it. I've gone for a Mima Xari and a Babyzen Yoyo.

In other news I've just been sick, which was pleasant as I had spaghetti for dinner. 🙄🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Re prams, I’d say definitely go for function over style and one that folds and fits in the car/house easy.
I’d checked mine fit in the boot but didn’t think about where id put anything I’d usually use the boot for with half the back seat taken by a car seat too - can’t do a big shop with the pram in the car.
Also, tried folding it before hand but with baby crying in the car seat, things in the basket stopping it going down but you can’t work out what’s wrong and OH has left their football bag in the boot etc - different story! So stressful and feel like an idiot, inexperienced Mum.
I’d definitely go for one that folded smaller and had a lock once folded to stop it springing back open if i

The sleepyhead thing, they’re really not a must. You could hold off and see how well they sleep then get one if you feel you need it?
I definitely feel from our experience it’s good to start with nothing sleep aid wise and add (white noise, sleepy head, swaddle etc) as and when because it makes it easier to get them to sleep outside of the house when you can’t take all those things with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Oh I'd of been outta there. I picked up a bank shift in the cath lab today (yknow I like to punish myself clearly) and removing a fem stop coulda brought me to tears 😂
cath lab? Get out of here! I tried to hide and prep a vent but I got dragged back in there 😭 why is life so cruel!

speaking of cruel, my sore throat I had earlier has now spread to my chest and I can barely breathe. I’m 100% blaming my kid for this one as I haven’t left the house in ages. I’m coughing loads and my throat is on fire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.