Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Amberella

Morning all, hope you're doing well!

This past week I have had the most horrendous heartburn, I went to yoga last night and one of the ladies suggested Activia or any probiotic yogurt. I picked some up as soon as I finished and OMG! Maybe it was a placebo but it went right down and I finally had a full night sleep...

Just thought I would share incase anyone else is having issues, it was really getting me down. xx

Reactions: 7

DaisyDaisy87

VIP Member
So apparently I woke my partner up in the night for snoring then I immediately fell asleep and started snoring 😂😂 ooppss 😇

anyone got any Father’s Day bits from the bump for tomorrow? Sorry just seen you have just got giddy because found a nice bump card in the shops!
I got a card and a little leather key ring with the baby’s scan picture on. We’ve got an afternoon tea being delivered too and our private gender scan later in the day!!

I think I went a bit overboard with the afternoon tea but both our dads died when we were little so it’s the first Father’s Day that’s not a sad occasion! 🥰

• Heart

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I'm desperate to get an HD one but husband doesn't want to 😢 this will probably be our last baby so I'm wanting to do ALL the things.
Anyone else feel really sad at the prospect of not being pregnant? I want to hang on to this excitement forever but equally can't wait to meet him.
The hd scan is absolutely amazing I am so glad we went when I saw her face like wow!
I’ve also just posted a picture of a baby grow and scan on Instagram for Father’s Day I wasn’t going to post at all but my partner hasn’t seen his son today he saw him yesterday and I want him to know how appreciated he is and how much I love him. I never post anything so I felt like I wanted to share. Quite funny as so many people asking for due date I am just not going to respond just like the comments 🥲

• Heart

Lollipop19

Chatty Member
Have had such a busy day at work and I’m exhausted. Just got on the train home and was walking towards an empty seat and someone actually made eye contact with me (I have quite a big bump now and a baby on board badge) and moved their rucksack to the empty seat. Now squished up next to a man spreader 😒 so glad the rucksack has lots of legroom and a nice seat….
I'd have 100% sat on the bag

Having a cup of tea whilst my little boy watches Peppa pig - word of warning Peppa pig is even more annoying when you are tired just future advice for you all do not put it on 😂😂

• Haha
So jealous of all this car chat! Our bigger family car is oooold but still going really strong although don’t think I’ll be getting 3 kids in the back 😅 it’s one of those “worry about it when it happens” situations 😂 luckily my parents have a 7 seater (deffo not my personal choice but it’d get us from a to b 🙃) that they’re selling at some point so I’m hoping I’ll be able to nab it off them for the younger kids stage until we can treat ourselves to a Q5 (we are way off being able to afford one so this is the dream hahaha)

Hannah_204

VIP Member
Most mother-in-laws are fucking awful. I’m sure they go to a school to learn to be toxic af.
I must admit I’m a bit concerned that one day I’m going to be “that” mother in law (I can’t see myself being interfering but more the opposite so I’m not interfering if that makes sense?)
Mine left a voicemail at 10pm last night asking why we havnt told them the sex of the baby! I’m 16 weeks and we’re not finding out until the 20 week scan 🤦🏽‍♀️

I think we have names but I like the girls better so now I’m hoping for a girl 😂 I don’t want to tell people the name until the baby’s born but I feel like everyone will want to know ahh

• Wow

Sw4

VIP Member
37 weeks today and I'm so miserable and hormonal. I thought I'd be happy as I finished work last week and am free as a bird, but I feel so lethargic and shit, and then guilty because I'm not enjoying this precious free time. I'm sure the relentless rain has something to do with it too. I had a list of things to do like sort out photos, practice lots of hypnobirthing etc but I just can't be assed with any of it and have spent most of today scrolling my phone or moping. Someone snap me out of it 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I had my midwife appointment today, and I was so shocked when she said OK let's listen to the heartbeats as its not done normally for multiples but as we knew the position of each twin she found them straight away, I've not stopped crying since 💗
Oh that’s absolutely wonderful!

I sound like a broken record but I am beyond tired. I’ve worked 2 back to back shifts, I’m off today and then back on for 3 nights tomorrow. Today I’ve tried to get the house sorted and prep lunches but I’m beyond tired. I’m 11 weeks and just fed up.

My pregnant friend on the unit has rang in sick, she’s 23 weeks and done in!

• Heart

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Are there any symptoms of labour before labour if that makes sense? 😂 am almost at my due date and the waiting game is driving me mad - anyone got any tips for anything that might suggest baby is incoming (other than contractions etc). How did you all feel in the days before labour - did you feel different or was it a total surprise when it started? 😬
With my son I was being sick 12 hours beforehand and then on the toilet with an upset tummy. Apparently your body “clears itself out” sometimes. That was pretty much it for me, I just thought I had eaten something funny but nope, labour commenced 12 hours later 🤣 other than that nothing else happened for me.
My friend was in Asda when her waters broke and contractions started; she had no signs before that as she says “otherwise she wouldn’t have been in Asda” she was just strolling along an aisle and bam it started 🤣

sassyqueen

I am feeling super ill today 🤢 I’ve managed a pot noodle for dinner and some toast so it’s not so bad 😅 I’m gonna sleep soon and tomorrow will be better 🤞🏼

• Heart
  • Sad

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I don’t know I’m afraid as I’m not that far along, hopefully someone can help. I do know that if you’re worried it shouldn’t be ignored.

I dont get twelve-arife and it’s driving me crazy! Can anyone please explain?
TEN-erife, she goes one(two) better and she’s been to TWELVE-erife

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
Thank you so much ☺ sorry to hear that you found the first 2 trimesters so difficult, really hope you are able to enjoy this last bit before baby arrives! I think I was so naive before and thought pregnancy would be such a happy time, but I will definitely put my phone down a lot more and just try to relax. Thanks for the advice, I started taking the vitamins as soon as I found out, and I’m going to speak to my partner about an early scan, I think hearing a heart beat will really help put my mind at ease, I really want to enjoy pregnancy and not be a bag of nerves the whole time! Good luck with everything!
Early scan to me was worth every penny! It also helped it feel more “real” to my husband. If you have a window to the womb near you they were doing an offer where the early scan was £49. Which I didn’t think was as too bad, you get a photo included too x

• Heart

123456!!12/

Most mother-in-laws are fucking awful. I’m sure they go to a school to learn to be toxic af.
I must admit I’m a bit concerned that one day I’m going to be “that” mother in law (I can’t see myself being interfering but more the opposite so I’m not interfering if that makes sense?)

• Heart

noseyqueen14

Chatty Member
one of my friends openly said on a group chat of 6 of us, 'are you preggers yet' to me.....nice one :O what is wrong with people?!?! Yes that's exactly the way i'm going to tell you all o_O

• Wow

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I have never heard of it but it sounds cute! I am already bracing myself for my least favourite programme ever which is Pepper patronising pig 🧐🤪 I’m like a tangerine 🍊 small round and orange my fake tan is also soo patchy because I can’t do it very well anymore 😂 x
we don’t do Peppa as she’s rude to her Daddy!🤣 Small Potatoes have an album out as well, full of proper bangers! Small and round, so cute!!!

Thank you so much, it’s helping taking to someone who’s been through what I think will happen to me.
I’m 5’7 and he’s 5’10 but we’re guessing the legs have come from our dads as they’re both 6ft+ … my partner is very proud of himself that hes growing a big strong girl ha…
They didn’t give me a growth chart thingy like that today, just loads of small individual charts for different measurements, like head, tummy, leg etc.

Here’s the little scale thing that shes flying off
my Dad is a huge bloke, while my mum is a 4ft11 pocket sized human! My son has evened out now, but he’s predicted to be over 6ft. His feet are a size 11 🤦🏼‍♀️

We had this growth chart as my consultant was making a prediction of how big he was going to be. My son was always 3 weeks ahead, at the 12 week scan he was 15 weeks. My dates were correct though!

I found midwives to be really scared of big babies, as in they like a plan and they want to know why. I had 4 diabetes tests as they were convinced I was diabetic. I was annoyed as I felt they just didn’t look at the bigger picture, that both husband and I are giant people.

Im all for people having the birth they want, and it being safe. People were surprised that I was happy with an elective section, but it meant it was planned, calm and the benefits outweighed the risks. My son was the biggest baby born in that hospital for 2017 and didn’t fit in the NICU tub for monitoring 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart

Spillit2356

I’m going to have a go at breast feeding and see how I go but don’t think I’ll be away from the baby for a while. Seen the elvie ones online and thought they look amazing if I wanted to pump if I didn’t fancy breast feeding while out at lunch or something. Just been on amazon they are so expensive! Are they worth it?
I didn't bf ....I may this time round, I'm really not sure but my sister did with all 4 of hers and I remember her saying the pumps were so expensive but then she thought about how much she had saved on formula and it completely justified it for her......I always thought it was a very valid point!

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Has anyone managed to be prescribed Gaviscon type stuff recently? I'm drinking it like a fish (well, I've switched to own brand now) and it never crossed my mind as you can buy it in shops, but quite a few people have said they were issued it free while pregnant.
Is it something I just mention when I see my midwife? Won't bother if I have to make a GP appt.
my midwife popped it on prescription for me in my 3rd trimester.

Ive spent all night crying. I’ve got really bad stomach ache, I keep vomiting & I just feel so poorly. I want to call in sick but I can’t as I’ve only just gone back to work after 2 weeks off. I feel so lonely.

• Sad
  • Heart