Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody’s first baby movements felt more like a little twitch or almost like a little heartbeat/pulse for a split second? Everything I’ve read says to expect bubbles / butterflies but I keep feeling these really faint little twitches/spasms almost. The first few times I felt it I wasn’t sure if it was tummy rumbles but I’ve felt them a couple of times a day for the last few days but literally just once here or there, not a pattern of them. My placenta is anterior so not expecting to feel much yet but just wondering if anyone had felt something other than the butterflies/bubbles popping sensation?
Mine were definitely little twitches/boops I call them, with both pregnancies! Like a little poke from inside 😂

Reactions: 2
Mine were definitely little twitches/boops I call them, with both pregnancies! Like a little poke from inside 😂
Good to know! Thank you. Maybe it’s baby after all then. I was just expecting something softer or more fluttery but they’re definitely more like little prods! Bruiser baby already!

Reactions: 3
Has anybody’s first baby movements felt more like a little twitch or almost like a little heartbeat/pulse for a split second? Everything I’ve read says to expect bubbles / butterflies but I keep feeling these really faint little twitches/spasms almost. The first few times I felt it I wasn’t sure if it was tummy rumbles but I’ve felt them a couple of times a day for the last few days but literally just once here or there, not a pattern of them. My placenta is anterior so not expecting to feel much yet but just wondering if anyone had felt something other than the butterflies/bubbles popping sensation?
Yessss! This was exactly what it felt like for me. I wasn't sure for so long if they were movements or not because everything I read said about it feeling like popcorn popping or butterflies but as time went on I realised that it was actually baby! 💗

• Heart
My placenta is at the front too, everyone I’ve spoke to said I won’t feel much until later on but I’m sure I’ve been feeling her since wk21. I’m 23 weeks now and I know it’s her, I’m noticing a little routine.
I liken the feeling to a muscle twitch, it’s never felt like butterflies to me!

Yessss! This was exactly what it felt like for me. I wasn't sure for so long if they were movements or not because everything I read said about it feeling like popcorn popping or butterflies but as time went on I realised that it was actually baby! 💗
Yay!! I’m so glad someone else has experienced this. Do you have an interior placenta too? I wonder if that’s anything to do with why it feels so different to what I was expecting. I feel like I can feel my heartbeat in my tummy for a split second - so glad it’s hopefully baby and not just wind!! 🤦🏼‍♀️😆

My placenta is at the front too, everyone I’ve spoke to said I won’t feel much until later on but I’m sure I’ve been feeling her since wk21. I’m 23 weeks now and I know it’s her, I’m noticing a little routine.
I liken the feeling to a muscle twitch, it’s never felt like butterflies to me!
Ooh maybe it’s the anterior placenta then that makes it feel different. I’m 20+3 now and have felt a few pokes the last couple of days, I’d got my head around the fact I wouldn’t feel anything at all for a few more weeks yet so I’m really happy this could actually be the baby!

Waters haven't broke.
Tightening of my tummy and my cramps are apparently a sign he shall be coming soon
And hes is 3/5 where he should be in my pelvis for labour
Think I'm a few days behind you (36+3) and getting the same cramps and 3/5 engaged aswell. Hopefully not too long for us both 🤞🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve a posterior placenta and I’m coming up to week 22 and apart from very light twinges I cannot feel a thing 🤷🏼‍♀️

I had my midwife appointment today, and I was so shocked when she said OK let's listen to the heartbeats as its not done normally for multiples but as we knew the position of each twin she found them straight away, I've not stopped crying since 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 22
My due date is tomorrow and feel abit emotional and anxious. Abit worried about labour but also full of excitement and anticipation as to when he will decide to come into the world. I'm finding these last few weeks the hardest. Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
To those of you who are near labour - good luck!

i feel horrid today. I’ve had an intense headache the last two days, and today I almost threw my lunch up and had heart palpitations on and off
🥴

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My problem this afternoon … if I paint my nails will they dry before I need the toilet?! 🧐🧐🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I had my midwife appointment today, and I was so shocked when she said OK let's listen to the heartbeats as its not done normally for multiples but as we knew the position of each twin she found them straight away, I've not stopped crying since 💗
Oh that’s absolutely wonderful!

I sound like a broken record but I am beyond tired. I’ve worked 2 back to back shifts, I’m off today and then back on for 3 nights tomorrow. Today I’ve tried to get the house sorted and prep lunches but I’m beyond tired. I’m 11 weeks and just fed up.

My pregnant friend on the unit has rang in sick, she’s 23 weeks and done in!

• Heart
I just checked as I couldn’t remember the actual guidelines, but gov say if possible, women with underlying health conditions can WFH, so I don’t think CEV and CV doesn’t matter too much here…that was the question mark with me.
I asked my GP, pregnancy consultant and haematologist consultant their opinion on CEV/CV, think I was CV in the end. I got my GP to put in writing that I was at increased risk. My head said that that guidance was from my ‘personal doctor’, as if I’m some celeb with a private dr 😆 so OH would help give an opinion too. He was an arse and said I wasn’t able to WFH as I couldn’t teach from home, which was my role.
But I pushed and said my role needed adapting as per gov guidelines.
Another good question is to ask your head who is responsible if you get covid and end up in hospital or (heaven forbid) your baby or you don’t make it. They are responsible but it allows them to understand the severity of their decision. I said my family needed to know who to go to if I didn’t make it. She could take that comment as she wishes 🙃
on the other hand my friend was allowed to wfh from about 12 weeks as the head didn’t want the responsibility of managing a pregnant woman during a pandemic! Good luck x
Goodness me!!! There's about 5 pregnant women's t my school, all still there. We're a MAT they pretty much do what they want.

I'm only 22 weeks and I'm double jabbed thankfully, might use the above info for after summer though to try not to return as I'll be 28 eeks by then. Thx v much.

Edit to ask if you had to pay for the GP letter? I may try and get similar...

Goodness me!!! There's about 5 pregnant women's t my school, all still there. We're a MAT they pretty much do what they want.

I'm only 22 weeks and I'm double jabbed thankfully, might use the above info for after summer though to try not to return as I'll be 28 eeks by then. Thx v much.

I'm a primary teacher and still in at 36 weeks. One more week to go until maternity! It was my choice though as I couldn't bear the idea of sitting on my sofa and teaching on Zoom if I didn't have to!

Reactions: 3
Waters haven't broke.
Tightening of my tummy and my cramps are apparently a sign he shall be coming soon
And hes is 3/5 where he should be in my pelvis for labour
Haven’t caught up on the whole thread but just noticed your post, my baby was 3/5 engaged about 2 days before he was born! Fingers crossed for you x

• Heart

Definitely get the ball rolling and write your questions down, I prepped and wrote phrases before every meeting.
I didn’t have to pay for my GP letter no, I had to get her to edit it 3 times though. I also got her to include that there was no data about jabs and the transmission of Covid (this was back in March/April) my head kept telling me my TA was jabbed and I couldn’t have cared less.

On a covid risk assessment pregnancy comes under an underlying health condition. On the risk assessment you’ll be rated for specific things (age, BAME, CEV/CEV) and depending on your score it’ll tell you what to do. It will give you a point for having an underlying health condition but I challenged this by asking why I was only being assessed for one, when I had two: pregnancy and previous blood clots. It doesn’t take into consideration pregnant women WITH underlying health conditions so that also made her stutter :)
Before WFH they did say I couldn’t dismiss as parents couldn’t stop coming near me, mark in the moment as it’s too close to chn and I was bound to my room ALL DAY without leaving. I also had my own toilet which no one was allowed to use.
Be clear and confident on what you want before any meetings x

I'm a primary teacher and still in at 36 weeks. One more week to go until maternity! It was my choice though as I couldn't bear the idea of sitting on my sofa and teaching on Zoom if I didn't have to!
Luckily I’ve just been given admin stuff!
Proof reading reports, writing curriculum units & collating and analysing data x

Definitely get the ball rolling and write your questions down, I prepped and wrote phrases before every meeting.
I didn’t have to pay for my GP letter no, I had to get her to edit it 3 times though. I also got her to include that there was no data about jabs and the transmission of Covid (this was back in March/April) my head kept telling me my TA was jabbed and I couldn’t have cared less.

On a covid risk assessment pregnancy comes under an underlying health condition. On the risk assessment you’ll be rated for specific things (age, BAME, CEV/CEV) and depending on your score it’ll tell you what to do. It will give you a point for having an underlying health condition but I challenged this by asking why I was only being assessed for one, when I had two: pregnancy and previous blood clots. It doesn’t take into consideration pregnant women WITH underlying health conditions so that also made her stutter :)
Before WFH they did say I couldn’t dismiss as parents couldn’t stop coming near me, mark in the moment as it’s too close to chn and I was bound to my room ALL DAY without leaving. I also had my own toilet which no one was allowed to use.
Be clear and confident on what you want before any meetings x
Own toilet too, wow! HR have given me my risk assessment to 'fill out'. Covid wasn't even mentioned. Any medical conditions I have, wasn't mentioned. It's a big standard old risk assessment from ore covid times. Thx for the info, will let you know how I get on 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.