Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi lovely, welcome. How is your pregnancy going so far? Is this your first?
Hiya all, thanks for the welcome. Yep first baby so living on google basically and being horrified by new things daily haha.
Went properly looking at prams today, at first we tried to go to the Online4Baby showroom as we live not too far away and I scoured their website and social media to make sure it was actually open. Got there and the car park was chained up and there was a little sign saying the showroom is closed indefinitely :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Didn't know where else to put this. I hope the girl gets all the help she can.
Geez, poor kid. I was still playing with my dolls on and off at 10/11, no way could I have done any of it for real.

Reactions: 1

Didn't know where else to put this. I hope the girl gets all the help she can.
My goodness she's only a baby herself. So pleased to read both mum and baby are doing well though

Does anyone know if the government advice is still work home if possible from 28 weeks for pregnant women? X
Hey baby yoda, I’m a teacher too. I bugged the hell out of my school and asked for a risk assessment before I went back on March 8th. Because of underlying health conditions my work let me WFH until end of March with the clinically vulnerable people.
I then got an OH risk assessment but went back couple weeks before May half term. They then asked me what I wanted to do at 28 weeks and I said follow guidance and WFH, which was 2 weeks ago.
They’re not happy about it so I may have shot myself in the foot for when I want to return re days and year group I want but it’s safest for me as I’m in an infant school and children cannot distance from me.
lots of info but hope it’s helpful x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey baby yoda, I’m a teacher too. I bugged the hell out of my school and asked for a risk assessment before I went back on March 8th. Because of underlying health conditions my work let me WFH until end of March with the clinically vulnerable people.
I then got an OH risk assessment but went back couple weeks before May half term. They then asked me what I wanted to do at 28 weeks and I said follow guidance and WFH, which was 2 weeks ago.
They’re not happy about it so I may have shot myself in the foot for when I want to return re days and year group I want but it’s safest for me as I’m in an infant school and children cannot distance from me.
good for you!

• Heart
Today's game - had my water broken or have I unknowingly wet myself 😂😂
If you think your waters may have gone even a bit you need to call them and they can test it. Risk of infection if they have. Mine went 39wks, just the tiniest trickle and I had to be induced 24 hrs later as it’s dangerous to leave x

Reactions: 4
Been wide awake for an hour 😔 back is aching so much. Baby has had enough of me tossing and turning and gives me a swift kick whenever I move. My nose is so blocked and dry from hayfever that it whistles or I snore whenever I get remotely close to sleep and wake myself up. Plus the cherry on top is husband snoring. 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Thanks so much for sharing this.
Tbf my head has been really supportive so far and she’s always checking up on me not just due to covid but because there’s a few behavioural issues in my year group which can result in adults being bitten, kicked and punched etc and of course my RA says not to get involved in any physical restraining. I’m primary too. Good on you for saying to work from home. I’ve three weeks of September where I’ll be in the last stages of my third trimester so just hope she’s still understanding enough to let me work from home earlier without me ending up triggering the start of maternity pay.

Been wide awake for an hour 😔 back is aching so much. Baby has had enough of me tossing and turning and gives me a swift kick whenever I move. My nose is so blocked and dry from hayfever that it whistles or I snore whenever I get remotely close to sleep and wake myself up. Plus the cherry on top is husband snoring. 😫
oh gosh this sounds like me. How annoying is the blocked nose thing!

Thanks so much for sharing this.
Tbf my head has been really supportive so far and she’s always checking up on me not just due to covid but because there’s a few behavioural issues in my year group which can result in adults being bitten, kicked and punched etc and of course my RA says not to get involved in any physical restraining. I’m primary too. Good on you for saying to work from home. I’ve three weeks of September where I’ll be in the last stages of my third trimester so just hope she’s still understanding enough to let me work from home earlier without me ending up triggering the start of maternity pay.

oh gosh this sounds like me. How annoying is the blocked nose thing!
That’s good that’s she’s understanding, no one checked on me or asked how I was while I was there.
they won’t assign you to a class so the least they could do is let you isolate in the building and get on with some admin type jobs for 3 weeks (you know how much laminating there is on sept!) Fingers crossed for you x

Oh the blocked nose thing! My partner shook me and woke me up to ask what was wrong last night (I cry a lot in general lol) and I had to explain my nose was just blocked as I must have been sniffing and rubbing it loads 🙄😆

That’s good that’s she’s understanding, no one checked on me or asked how I was while I was there.
they won’t assign you to a class so the least they could do is let you isolate in the building and get on with some admin type jobs for 3 weeks (you know how much laminating there is on sept!) Fingers crossed for you x

Oh the blocked nose thing! My partner shook me and woke me up to ask what was wrong last night (I cry a lot in general lol) and I had to explain my nose was just blocked as I must have been sniffing and rubbing it loads 🙄😆
exactly! 😂 never ending laminating. No luckily they’ve got maternity cover starting right away. Thank you 😊

Can I sit in a jacuzzi? I’m 25 weeks.
i think it’s advised against for the whole duration of pregnancy, but I may be wrong.

I’ve had a rubbish nights sleep, and I was woken up by the sound of my neighbour having a bouncy castle blown up in her garden.. so I’m going to spend the day avoiding being home 😂

• Sad
Can I sit in a jacuzzi? I’m 25 weeks.
I found online that it's not recommended after week 32, because you can have some opening starting from them. So risk of having bacteria getting inside. But before 32 weeks should be fine.
Edit: but not too long, 10 mins for 40° and 15 mins for 39°. Apparently.

Glad you are able to WFH. I'm CV and was told only CEV could WFH. I'm not due til Autumn but sort of hope that pregnant ladies are told to WFH again by then as ATM I didn't think anyone was advised to shield? Also a teacher.

I found online that it's not recommended after week 32, because you can have some opening starting from them. So risk of having bacteria getting inside. But before 32 weeks should be fine.
Edit: but not too long, 10 mins for 40° and 15 mins for 39°. Apparently.
I thought it was a no no right from the start...? Reason I've read is that the baby can't regulate their own temperature. If not, I've been missing out on jacuzzis! 🤣

Reactions: 3
Thank you, I had thought I couldn’t but hoping I was wrong. Might put my feet in for a couple of minutes. We’re at a spa today so I’ll just have a swim and enjoy my facial later. Thank you again x

Reactions: 7
Thank you, I had thought I couldn’t but hoping I was wrong. Might put my feet in for a couple of minutes. We’re at a spa today so I’ll just have a swim and enjoy my facial later. Thank you again x
have a lovely day! X

• Heart
Glad you are able to WFH. I'm CV and was told only CEV could WFH. I'm not due til Autumn but sort of hope that pregnant ladies are told to WFH again by then as ATM I didn't think anyone was advised to shield? Also a teacher.
I just checked as I couldn’t remember the actual guidelines, but gov say if possible, women with underlying health conditions can WFH, so I don’t think CEV and CV doesn’t matter too much here…that was the question mark with me.
I asked my GP, pregnancy consultant and haematologist consultant their opinion on CEV/CV, think I was CV in the end. I got my GP to put in writing that I was at increased risk. My head said that that guidance was from my ‘personal doctor’, as if I’m some celeb with a private dr 😆 so OH would help give an opinion too. He was an arse and said I wasn’t able to WFH as I couldn’t teach from home, which was my role.
But I pushed and said my role needed adapting as per gov guidelines.
Another good question is to ask your head who is responsible if you get covid and end up in hospital or (heaven forbid) your baby or you don’t make it. They are responsible but it allows them to understand the severity of their decision. I said my family needed to know who to go to if I didn’t make it. She could take that comment as she wishes 🙃
on the other hand my friend was allowed to wfh from about 12 weeks as the head didn’t want the responsibility of managing a pregnant woman during a pandemic! Good luck x

Attachments

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.