Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here they are only allowed in when they are 4cm dilated 🙈
They really need to end this madness now.
At this rate I’d be better off going to the local cinema to give birth! At least there is no restrictions on partners there
the local cinema 🤣

Reactions: 2
My local trust have said that you are allowed teo partners in now but I’m unsure if this is from established labour or not

it seems so unfair it varies so much.
They are all saying that but when you ask they will tell you no! Absolute bastards! I am so livid!!

I am fully terrified of restrictions going back to full lockdown or similar meaning stricter restrictions in maternity wards. Absolutely disgraceful that they treat pregnant women like cattle STILL, despite large crowds of people being able to gather for one reason or another.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I am fully terrified of restrictions going back to full lockdown or similar meaning stricter restrictions in maternity wards. Absolutely disgraceful that they treat pregnant women like cattle STILL, despite large crowds of people being able to gather for one reason or another.
This my worry come the end of the year 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Is it normal to be completely mental at 5w 5d and think things have gone wrong? I got sickness last week and nothing this week so my brain is overdrive. My scan isn’t til 4th July
can’t really offer any reassurance but I’m about 5 weeks too and I’m feeling the same! Last week I felt so sick, really struggled to eat anything and now the last few days I’ve felt completely normal, just trying not to worry but it seems really strange that the symptoms can just go.

I am so worried about not having my fiancé with me & another lockdown it is really setting my anxious side off again. My partner is like a bull in a China shop and he will have to be physically be removed from me or he will climb a drain pipe and talk to me through the window 😆 x

• Haha
I am so worried about not having my fiancé with me & another lockdown it is really setting my anxious side off again. My partner is like a bull in a China shop and he will have to be physically be removed from me or he will climb a drain pipe and talk to me through the window 😆 x
Yep this is my greatest worry about having a winter baby. My trust has relaxed the rules and partners are allowed at all times. Just pray it stays

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That is absolutely terrible!!! The difference in the rules between Scotland and England make no sense either. My cousin gave birth in Scotland on the same day as my husbands friend in England and she was only allowed her husband in for 2 hours whereas in England her partner was allowed in all day :( the only good thing is they do seem to be letting you out much quicker than usual.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ve been told it will not be all day I am
not even telling my partner because he will get arrested if he is told he can’t be with me. I think it’s disgusting we are all in this situation when politicians are breaking rules and the bleeping football is allowing 60,000 fans in one stadium 🤨

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Have had such a busy day at work and I’m exhausted. Just got on the train home and was walking towards an empty seat and someone actually made eye contact with me (I have quite a big bump now and a baby on board badge) and moved their rucksack to the empty seat. Now squished up next to a man spreader 😒 so glad the rucksack has lots of legroom and a nice seat….

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Have had such a busy day at work and I’m exhausted. Just got on the train home and was walking towards an empty seat and someone actually made eye contact with me (I have quite a big bump now and a baby on board badge) and moved their rucksack to the empty seat. Now squished up next to a man spreader 😒 so glad the rucksack has lots of legroom and a nice seat….
What a rude person how disgusting someone barged into me in Tesco the other day and an old couple shut the door on me at the hospital 🤨 this is probably tmi but I have this crusty yellow on my one nipple is that the start of collostrum x

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
When you suddenly realise your baby will be the perfect excuse to watch bedtime stories on cbeebies..

Tom Hardy where you at!?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What a rude person how disgusting someone barged into me in Tesco the other day and an old couple shut the door on me at the hospital 🤨 this is probably tmi but I have this crusty yellow on my one nipple is that the start of collostrum x
Yeah that's the colostrum, I've had it since about 19 weeks. Also I had some blood in mine and apparently its an actual thing called "rusty pipe syndrome" 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
It’s so bad that the rules are so different trust to trust. My hospital is currently allowing birth partners in all the time, but as others have said I’m so worried about it changing again before I give birth.

The football stadium thing is so true - how can it be more important to be able to go and watch the euros than to be able to be there for your partner as they give birth!

I’ve been told it will not be all day I am
not even telling my partner because he will get arrested if he is told he can’t be with me. I think it’s disgusting we are all in this situation when politicians are breaking rules and the bleeping football is allowing 60,000 fans in one stadium 🤨
Our partners sound the same! He grabs me when I turn in bed in fear I’m going to fall out (I never have?) and made our 20 week scan appt by driving from Harrods to North London in 20 mins because there was no way he was missing it (self employed so can’t request time off) Let Boris speak to our men to sort these restrictions out 😆

^ That’s so cute! Mine seems obsessed with doing risk assessments, telling me we’re going to have to cover the slate floor, move grabbable ornaments and the baby’s not due til December! The dog did a small watery puke the other morning and I covered it with kitchen roll to soak up while I ran up for a pee and I got a lecture how I can’t leave stuff like that when the baby’s here 🤣 Anyone would think he’s the most hygienic person to have ever walked the earth! 😂

• Haha
^ That’s so cute! Mine seems obsessed with doing risk assessments, telling me we’re going to have to cover the slate floor, move grabbable ornaments and the baby’s not due til December! The dog did a small watery puke the other morning and I covered it with kitchen roll to soak up while I ran up for a pee and I got a lecture how I can’t leave stuff like that when the baby’s here 🤣 Anyone would think he’s the most hygienic person to have ever walked the earth! 😂
Mines like this! Warned me about standing too close to the microwave while I’m pregnant (???) and I caught him checking the label of the non alcoholic Prosecco I bought for a party earlier “just to make sure” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've just made a banging carbonara and then it's dawned on me that the parmesan is unpasteurised 😫😫

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.