Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20 week scan went well! I had a small moment of worry when she seemed to be very concerned about getting a photo of baby’s left thumb and lay there imagining how tricky life May or may not be without one, but then she found it! We’re team surprise but then she said to look away again as baby then had their legs open so I’m pretty convinced that means it’s a boy as surely if it was a girl you wouldn’t see anything to need to look away? I’m tempted to find out now because I’ve had a boy feeling all along and my husband agrees the way she said it probably meant boy… so is there any point in a surprise?! Oh I don’t know. All that matters is they were wiggling around (so weird that they move so much but you can’t feel anything yet) and look perfectly healthy. Almost half way doesn’t seem real! X

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Can anyone recommend a maternity bra please?
I'm looking for non wired, but supportive for big boobs but at the same time not unbearably restrictive.
I've got lindex ones which I just fall out the top of but are really comfy, then I've got Asda ones which are too supportive to the point I don't want to wear them because they physically hurt.

Reactions: 1
I'm looking for non wired, but supportive for big boobs but at the same time not unbearably restrictive.
I've got lindex ones which I just fall out the top of but are really comfy, then I've got Asda ones which are too supportive to the point I don't want to wear them because they physically hurt.
I got a great one from sainsburys

Sloggi have some that are moulded so give good support but not restrictive.

We’re team surprise but then she said to look away again as baby then had their legs open so I’m pretty convinced that means it’s a boy as surely if it was a girl you wouldn’t see anything to need to look away?
We have a little girl and you could very much see girl parts when they did the image from underneath and between the legs

Reactions: 4
The dress I ordered for my sister in laws wedding came and it’s VERY Gemma Collins 🙈 all sparkly and tacky 🙈 and adds 4 stone on to me 😬 has anyone any decent website suggestions, doesn’t have to be maternity wear as most maternity clothes are vile
I just got a dress from ASOS!

I’m now doing my best Gemma Collins “you can’t have this caaaaandy”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Missguided had some nice stuff but I love that boohoo dress!!

Oh and they had a whole wrap dress section!

• Heart
The wedding is next month and I will be 6 and half months. The bump is getting a growth spurt at the minute so who knows what size I’ll be then 🙈 I saw this on boohoo, it’s a wrap style dress.. wonder will I get away with it? I dont want to be spending a fortune on a dress I’ll never wear again
Ooo this is lovely! It’s my godsons christening in august and bit worried about feeling like a frump stood at the front not seen any maternity dresses I like. Good idea going to get on boohoo/ missguided

When would you ladies say is the best time to start preparing your hospital bag? I’m only 23+3 so won’t be starting it anytime soon but just trying to get a timeline ready in my head for getting things sorted!

Reactions: 3
I’m 38 with 2 children, the youngest being 2 years old, my husband wants another one but I’m unsure… I feel like it’s now or never. My husband works long hours so it will all be on me as it is at the moment. Is he being unfair wanting another child or am I overthinking things… Anyone else been in the same situation and what did you decide? If you decided not to have anymore did you regret not doing so..?

When would you ladies say is the best time to start preparing your hospital bag? I’m only 23+3 so won’t be starting it anytime soon but just trying to get a timeline ready in my head for getting things sorted!
I've had mine packed since 33 weeks just because I like to be mega organised 🙈🤣

Reactions: 3
When did/do you have your first midwife appointment? And did you go through gp first? I'm literally clueless, I don't get what I'm meant to be doing. Pretty sure I'm 8 weeks atm

Whenever you feel comfortable! Some people pack at 20 weeks, some much later. Personally I pack mine at 38/39 weeks, but I’ve never had a baby come on their own, or early.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
When did/do you have your first midwife appointment? And did you go through gp first? I'm literally clueless, I don't get what I'm meant to be doing. Pretty sure I'm 8 weeks atm
I had mine at 8 weeks. Give your GP a call and they’ll either book you in or send you a self referral form x

I signed up with a hospital at 5 weeks and filled an online form (this was after calling the GP and the receptionist told me to do this)- this may vary from region to region.

I didn’t hear back for a while and then I had my first midwife consultation on the phone at 9 weeks where she took lots of medication history etc and told me how to book my 12 week scan and then the second part of that consultation was 11 weeks when I had to go into the hospital and have bloods, urine and blood pressure checked.

hope that helps a bit. If you’re unsure your first port of call may be would be contacting your GP? And going from there x

I've had mine packed since 33 weeks just because I like to be mega organised 🙈🤣
I think I’m leaning towards the same tbh, I go on annual leave before mat leave when I’m 36 weeks and I really want to have everything done before then so I can just lay on the sofa and binge watch Netflix 😂

Reactions: 4
Bravado x

I swear by M&S T-shirt bras, they are moulded but not wired. I sometimes add an extender if I’m bloating.
They’re not maternity but I’ve gone up three sizes and i wasn’t small to begin with.

20 week scan went well! I had a small moment of worry when she seemed to be very concerned about getting a photo of baby’s left thumb and lay there imagining how tricky life May or may not be without one, but then she found it! We’re team surprise but then she said to look away again as baby then had their legs open so I’m pretty convinced that means it’s a boy as surely if it was a girl you wouldn’t see anything to need to look away? I’m tempted to find out now because I’ve had a boy feeling all along and my husband agrees the way she said it probably meant boy… so is there any point in a surprise?! Oh I don’t know. All that matters is they were wiggling around (so weird that they move so much but you can’t feel anything yet) and look perfectly healthy. Almost half way doesn’t seem real! X
Yay I’m glad the scan went well! I would say she told you to look away so you couldn’t see bits OR lack of bits which could make it obvious either way?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.