Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i need some energy boosting tips!
8 weeks today and constantly hungry. Tummy growls regularly and I’m eating a lot more or I feel really weak.

Does anyone have any energy boosting food tips? I’m constantly starving and stuffing my face!
Thanks

I feel the go duck your self deep in my soul at the moment. My partner is being all kinds of absolute douche bag currently.
my husband was totally oblivious of why he was in the wrong last night. I work really long hours and commute too, plus I was on my feet all day. All I want is a brew!

I'm one of three girls and people would constantly send 'commiserations' to my dad. He always replied with 'I'm relieved to be honest, I know what boys are like - I was a nightmare 😂 '

Honestly my new favourite thing for rude/intrusive comments (on anything) is just to ask why. 'Why would I/my husband be disappointed?/What makes you say that?' etc. It forces the other person to reflect on what they've said and they soon feel like a tit. Other than that I'd just be super breezy and make it clear that you're both thrilled to be having another girl, actually.

I swear there's something about births, marriages and deaths that really brings out the bastard in people.
my work wife has a 2yr old girl and newborn twin girls. I joke with her husband that I’m going to switch my son with one of his daughters. Sorry!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just got back from the midwife I’ve had the same one three times now I actually like her! I haven’t grown anymore size wise but apparently the baby is still at no her centile which is excellent they couldn’t find the heart beat for ages I then started to worry thank fully the midwife took over not the student phew 😥 x

8 weeks today and constantly hungry. Tummy growls regularly and I’m eating a lot more or I feel really weak.

Does anyone have any energy boosting food tips? I’m constantly starving and stuffing my face!
Thanks
I found trying to eat healthy and have some long walks helped a bit. I mean I say that and I’ve just been to McDonald’s drive through after the midwife 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Thanks
I have no tips, I’m 10+3 and with my last 2 pregnancies had extreme sickness which is fab because I gained like 0 weight overall....not this time. I literally cannot stop eating but only had food because anything remotely weird smelling sets me off 🤢 Currently diving into some chip and dip. Terrible. I will be 50 stone by January.

Feeling like im doing good today.
Have done 3 sets of kegel exercises
Already had 8 drinks of water/tea
Watched 2 positive birth stories
Might read some of my posotive birthing or baby book in a bit.

First time in 27 weeks ive managed to do 3 sets of kegels. Im so bad at remembering, or i only remember when i need the loo and so its not the right time.

Saw my mum friend with a 7 month old. Had a bit of a cry #hormones. She totally got it.

I feel heard 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So I'm about to have a bit of a pregnant lady rant because I've had a good cry today out of frustration and upsetness
All thanks to DFS

So we've had problems with this delivery from dfs since October
We ordered a bed
Paid for deliver and assembly
Bed that was delivered and assembled had two panels the wrong colour in December
They were apologetic said a new bed would come and be assembled etc
January came and they said the new bed was coming
Delivery men came with a load of boxes and expect my pregnant butt to go upstairs and quickly dismantle a bed and bring it downstairs and carry said boxes upstairs because apparently because of covid they couldn't built the bed
So they took the boxes and left
Fast forward to May, they come to build the new bed and its the WRONG BED
So they contact the supplier the supplier contacts me directly and arrange someone to come build the new bed again

So today this supplier person arrives at my house
Hes alone. He can't speak any English at all. He isn't wearing a mask.
I have to ask him 3 times to wear a mask and he doesn't put it on properly at all.
He isn't wearing gloves
He carries a new headboard upstairs alone and dents my walls and scuffs my walls
He keeps leaving the front door open - i have 3 cats that are all indoor cats, 2 of which are girls that haven't been fixed yet. And I ask him several times to please close the door.
I have to nip for a wee - because let's be honest at 37 weeks pregnant when am I not needing a wee.
I come out the toilet and hes left my door open and one of my cats is missing.
So I start crying and he says "I have to have the door open for the bed innit"
So I'm heavily pregnant on the floor looking under cars for my cat
Thankfully my cat Maui is a good boy and went straight to the back garden and just sat at the back door waiting to be let back in.
But I was in bits.
And then to add to the covid spectacular this man that I don't know tries to touch me with no gloves on and judging by his lack of mask wearing hes probably not sanitised his hands and keeps telling me to calm down.
So I've been all upset. I've had to go and spray disinfectant all over my house and I've been made to feel silly by the delivery man for getting upset, even though he nearly lost my cat and could have brought god knows what into the house when I could go into labour any day.
My partner is furious and already been on the phone to dfs and is currently waiting on a manager callback.
Have I over reacted and let hormones take over or is my anger and upsetness justified?

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Feeling like im doing good today.
Have done 3 sets of kegel exercises
Already had 8 drinks of water/tea
Watched 2 positive birth stories
Might read some of my posotive birthing or baby book in a bit.

First time in 27 weeks ive managed to do 3 sets of kegels. Im so bad at remembering, or i only remember when i need the loo and so its not the right time.

Saw my mum friend with a 7 month old. Had a bit of a cry #hormones. She totally got it.

I feel heard 🥰
Ooooo do you have the actual kegal trainer things? I was looking at these but wasn’t sure if you can use them through pregnancy but I’m super keen if you can! Which ones do you use if you don’t mind me asking?

I saw Elvie have a version but theirs were crazy expensive!

So I'm about to have a bit of a pregnant lady rant because I've had a good cry today out of frustration and upsetness
All thanks to DFS

We ordered a bed
Bed that was delivered and assembled had two panels the wrong colour in December
Delivery men came with a load of boxes and expect my pregnant butt to go upstairs and quickly dismantle a bed and bring it downstairs and carry said boxes upstairs because apparently because of covid they couldn't built the bed
So they contact the supplier the supplier contacts me directly and arrange someone to come build the new bed again

I have to ask him 3 times to wear a mask and he doesn't put it on properly at all.
He isn't wearing gloves
He carries a new headboard upstairs alone and dents my walls and scuffs my walls
He keeps leaving the front door open - i have 3 cats that are all indoor cats, 2 of which are girls that haven't been fixed yet. And I ask him several times to please close the door.
I have to nip for a wee - because let's be honest at 37 weeks pregnant when am I not needing a wee.
Thankfully my cat Maui is a good boy and went straight to the back garden and just sat at the back door waiting to be let back in.
But I was in bits.
And then to add to the covid spectacular this man that I don't know tries to touch me with no gloves on and judging by his lack of mask wearing hes probably not sanitised his hands and keeps telling me to calm down.
So I've been all upset. I've had to go and spray disinfectant all over my house and I've been made to feel silly by the delivery man for getting upset, even though he nearly lost my cat and could have brought god knows what into the house when I could go into labour any day.
My partner is furious and already been on the phone to dfs and is currently waiting on a manager callback.
Have I over reacted and let hormones take over or is my anger and upsetness justified?
I wouldn’t have been able to handle this not pregnant on my sanest of days. You haven’t over reacted at all ❤

Reactions: 2
Ooooo do you have the actual kegal trainer things? I was looking at these but wasn’t sure if you can use them through pregnancy but I’m super keen if you can! Which ones do you use if you don’t mind me asking?

I saw Elvie have a version but theirs were crazy expensive!
Oh no lovely, im just clenching for 5 seconds and doing 10 reps at a time.
You can also have a go when weeing and stopping midway.

Id say clenching is free, so save your money and spend it on perinium massage oil instead maybe. Im going to start using coconut oil from 35 weeks i think 😊

I wouldn’t have been able to handle this not pregnant on my sanest of days. You haven’t over reacted at all ❤
Completely agree @Hannah_204 .
Firstly what a bleeping kerfuffle. Bloody dfs. On top of waiting for months, being messed around, people expecting you to move and lift heavy things while pregnant then you get a non english speaking delivery person show up, who doesnt listen to your concerns aboht the door and the cat nearly ends up lost. Also, why would he try to touch you!? Back the f up bud!!

Whew, i woulda been in tears.

• Heart
Re pelvic floor exercises - I used to do them in the car when I stopped at lights, a wee trick I read during my first pregnancy. Also when I was in the shower.

Also as well as doing the “basic clench” one other exercise I read was to clench up and down in three steps. So a little, a medium, then a tight clench, and release down to medium, then to little, then completely. I dunno if I’ve explained that very well, but try it and it might make more sense!! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Re pelvic floor - My midwife recommended downloading the Squeezy app. It’s got a plan on there and reminders etc. It’s £1.99 I think but encourages me to do mine everyday

• Heart
All thanks to DFS

We ordered a bed

He isn't wearing gloves
But I was in bits.
I would've been exactly the same, so inconsiderate! Maybe if you complain enough you will get some money off the bed though!!

All thanks to DFS

We ordered a bed

He isn't wearing gloves
But I was in bits.
Not an over reaction at all! Make sure you contact customer services to let them know!!! I had a sofa from dfs delivered in the wrong colour, rude delivery people and they were really good with sorting it all out when I got in touch. Hope you’re ok x

I have no tips, I’m 10+3 and with my last 2 pregnancies had extreme sickness which is fab because I gained like 0 weight overall....not this time. I literally cannot stop eating but only had food because anything remotely weird smelling sets me off 🤢 Currently diving into some chip and dip. Terrible. I will be 50 stone by January.
Lol I wrote this really quickly and realised I said having extreme morning sickness was fab. It definitely was not bleeping fab. It was the worst thing I’ve ever experienced by far and my heart goes out to anyone who ever experiences the same 😅

Reactions: 5
The dress I ordered for my sister in laws wedding came and it’s VERY Gemma Collins 🙈 all sparkly and tacky 🙈 and adds 4 stone on to me 😬 has anyone any decent website suggestions, doesn’t have to be maternity wear as most maternity clothes are vile

The dress I ordered for my sister in laws wedding came and it’s VERY Gemma Collins 🙈 all sparkly and tacky 🙈 and adds 4 stone on to me 😬 has anyone any decent website suggestions, doesn’t have to be maternity wear as most maternity clothes are vile
I’ve found wrap dresses are a lifesaver at the moment - proper wrap ones, not ones that already have the middle sewn in. I got a few from Shein although I know that’s really hit and miss - new look have some nice bits though (both standard fit and maternity) and my go to for an occasion is always ASOS! Depending how far along you are AX Paris too - I wore something from there about a month ago although not sure it’d fit now as it wasn’t maternity

I’ve found wrap dresses are a lifesaver at the moment - proper wrap ones, not ones that already have the middle sewn in. I got a few from Shein although I know that’s really hit and miss - new look have some nice bits though (both standard fit and maternity) and my go to for an occasion is always ASOS! Depending how far along you are AX Paris too - I wore something from there about a month ago although not sure it’d fit now as it wasn’t maternity
The wedding is next month and I will be 6 and half months. The bump is getting a growth spurt at the minute so who knows what size I’ll be then 🙈 I saw this on boohoo, it’s a wrap style dress.. wonder will I get away with it? I dont want to be spending a fortune on a dress I’ll never wear again

Attachments

The wedding is next month and I will be 6 and half months. The bump is getting a growth spurt at the minute so who knows what size I’ll be then 🙈 I saw this on boohoo, it’s a wrap style dress.. wonder will I get away with it? I dont want to be spending a fortune on a dress I’ll never wear again
I like that! I never used to shop from boohoo cos I’d always thought the quality would be crap but the last few orders I’ve made I’ve kept most of it. I’d give it a go - especially if you’re only going to wear it once. I don’t want to spend much on anything at the moment knowing this time next year it’ll be no good 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.