Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Growth scan today to check baby's belly growth, been sick all morning not sure if it's because I'm nervous or just pregnancy haha hormones!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So I’m being induced at the end of the week - is it true it’s more painful than naturally going into labour? 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m in floods of tears this morning as it’s my first day after 2 weeks off sick. It’s honestly pathetic!
On my first day back after WFH Dec-April I bit my new boss’ (who I had never met) head off and told her I was disgusted at my unwelcome return to work by another senior member of staff. (I was ambushed and had a meeting before I was technically paid).
I cried at lunch (I wanted my sofa 😆) and ended up with me to apologising to her by 5pm 🤨 good luck it’s difficult adjusting! ❤

Reactions: 1
Was your baby measuring okay before hand? My babies head and legs are off the measuring scale, I don’t know what it’s called. Not concerned about the legs so much but her head is large as well as her weight
She was measuring on the big side but she wasn't expected to be that size, their measurements are just a guide but talk through your options with your consultant and trust your own instinct!

Reactions: 2
Had a rubbish nights sleep. Feel a bit low today.
Started watching fatherhood on netflix. Hace spent the last 40 mins on off crying. If you wanna get some emotion out, watch this film 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What are swaddles? Do we need them? I keep seein every influencer with them and they’re advertised everywhere… I didn’t have them with my son 6 years ago and tbh I wasn’t even aware of them 🤣

What are swaddles? Do we need them? I keep seein every influencer with them and they’re advertised everywhere… I didn’t have them with my son 6 years ago and tbh I wasn’t even aware of them 🤣
1624348935740.png

I heard they make them feel secure and happy. You deffo don't need them though, there are lots of articles all over the place, there isn't a definite answer as with everything!

I was thinking about getting them as I'm terrified about SIDS (I"m sure everyone is though)

Reactions: 4
Never used one with any of my kids!
Did you just leave them loose in the cot in normal sleep wear? (Please forgive if a stupid question!)

I've kinda gone down a swaddle rabbit hole and sat there without thinking about other options.

Did you just leave them loose in the cot in normal sleep wear? (Please forgive if a stupid question!)

I've kinda gone down a swaddle rabbit hole and sat there without thinking about other options.
Your options are basically swaddles, blankets (breathable cellular ones tightly tucked around baby) and sleeping bags. Nowadays you also get some combo style things such as premade swaddle bags that you just velcro up and they can either have their arms in or out of the swaddle.

Some babies love swaddles as it makes them feel secure and stops them self startling, others may hate it. This is all what I've read BTW, I have no experience but I will in a few weeks!

I've basically bought a few of all 3 and will experiment. Although I am due in 3 weeks so if its roasting hot again I'll probably just end up using a swaddle blanket as a light normal blanket (they're very thin).

Reactions: 5
I’ve never used a swaddle but definitely released quickly that they love to be snug - however you decide to do that. They don’t like (at first) to be able to flail around because they really want that same familiar feeling of being in the womb. We had a November baby and our house was freezing so we had a few very awful nights until we realised. We used a sleepyhead then, which I understand now is not recommended for night time sleep

I will deffo read up more about the 4th trimester this time around!

Reactions: 6
We tried a swaddle blanket thingy with my daughter but she used to break out of it, got a few great pictures 😂😂 however this time I’ve been looking into the swaddle sleeping bags, might give them a try. Anything that might work for a bit of extra peace 😆

Controversially we used a sleepyhead. We were advised to as my son had a heart issue and a potential hip problem so we couldn’t swaddle him, but the sleepyhead worked a treat!

View attachment 628724

I heard they make them feel secure and happy. You deffo don't need them though, there are lots of articles all over the place, there isn't a definite answer as with everything!

I was thinking about getting them as I'm terrified about SIDS (I"m sure everyone is though)
Swaddles are great, it really does comfort them, gives them that close feeling like they are back in the womb but try and look for hip healthy ones, babies hips should never be forced closed, should be in a froggy position 🐸 My first was born with hip dysplasia so I'm really hip aware

Reactions: 8
Swaddles are great, it really does comfort them, gives them that close feeling like they are back in the womb but try and look for hip healthy ones, babies hips should never be forced closed, should be in a froggy position 🐸 My first was born with hip dysplasia so I'm really hip aware
Oh hope his/her hips are OK now? Quick question what do you look out for in terms of hip health with baby carriers? For example I've heard varying things about the baby bjorn carrier even though it's been certified as hip healthy by the hip dysplasia institute so I'm a tad confused...

Oh hope his/her hips are OK now? Quick question what do you look out for in terms of hip health with baby carriers? For example I've heard varying things about the baby bjorn carrier even though it's been certified as hip healthy by the hip dysplasia institute so I'm a tad confused...
I had no clue about this with the baby Bjorn carriers I’ve been looking at these. All the info is a bit overwhelming. Sometimes I wish there wasn’t so much choice 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 1
i think the most important thing is that baby is in the M position. We have an ergobaby 360 and it was great. It’s essentially so baby is positioned like they are sat into the bums I believe but I don’t know much about the baby bjorn one. Nothing hurts my heart more than seeing hanging babies!

She's 6 now, she had her annual review recently and it looks as good as the other hip although she'll be reviewed in another 2 years just to be sure as she had closed reduction surgery but she's doing brilliantly, thanks :) If it's certified by the hip dysplasia institute then it's ggod, basically your looking for one that their wee hips are spread out and bum lower than the knees and face inwards as it gives them more support rather than their wee legs dangling. I used a wrap with my 2nd as I was able to adjust it myself until she was in a position I was happy with

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.