Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cars: do not get a Qashqai. I had one when I had my eldest, and then baby 2, and even though they look chunky they aren’t big inside. We have a Ford Galaxy and it’s great as we need 6 seats, and has room still for a buggy. If you are getting a 7 seater look for one with sliding doors, I wish we had that.

@Kitt congratulations in finishing work! I know it was a stressful time for you being in such a public facing environment, so enjoy the relaxation of the next 10ish weeks!

Reactions: 6
The GLE Coupe is another one I like and I love the Tesla model X but I cba to charge it all the while x
I have an electric car and I’m 100% converted. When I charge it at the supermarket/shopping centre, it takes around 2hrs for a 60% charge. At home for a full charge it’s 12hrs.

Cars: do not get a Qashqai. I had one when I had my eldest, and then baby 2, and even though they look chunky they aren’t big inside. We have a Ford Galaxy and it’s great as we need 6 seats, and has room still for a buggy. If you are getting a 7 seater look for one with sliding doors, I wish we had that.

@Kitt congratulations in finishing work! I know it was a stressful time for you being in such a public facing environment, so enjoy the relaxation of the next 10ish weeks!
Totally agree on the Qashqai. My friend has 3 under 2 and regrets it massively. The one up from that (name escapes me!) is worth it for the space alone. Xtrail! That’s it.

Reactions: 4
@Kitt happy start of maternity leave! Counting down til mine, can’t wait for that feeling of no work on Monday - enjoy it 🙌🏼

Reactions: 2
Has anyone done a baby gift wish list on Amazon? I don't want one but curious what the "free gift" is. 🤔

Girls who tuned into the baby show today… how was it?! Learn anything interesting?

Yeah it was good, a few interesting sessions, especially the first week baby is born session, as I’m a first time mum and I’m pretty clueless ha.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone done a baby gift wish list on Amazon? I don't want one but curious what the "free gift" is. 🤔
We did it about 4 years ago when my son was born. We got a tiny MAM bottle, dove baby wipes (as it literally had been launched that year) and I wish I could remember the toy that we got as it was a replica of something we bought already. Let me trawl my emails.

Edit;

The toy was a Nemo, which was quite random as I bought the exact same Nemo toy in my 20s and said I’d always keep it for a baby. This picture shows the Mama Bear wipes but my email says we got Dove and Water Wipes. We got a Nuby binky and matching bottle; I always remember it was gold so we called it the “treat yo’self” set 🤣. The great thing from the set was wipes as whenever we got any spare change, we would treat ourselves and baby to water wipes as they are fab.

Is anyone a member of boots parenting club? I was with my Son and the vouchers were great for their own range bubble bath and shampoo. I had a huge stash for months.

Attachments

Last edited:
I did it two years ago when my daughter was born and got one of those Tommy tippee nappy bin things

Reactions: 1
Oh god.. I’m not too into nappy bins… did you use it?
In the beginning we did. But my daughter had an (undiagnosed) dairy allergy so would have dirty nappies 12+ times a day, and cba with taking all of those straight outside to the wheelie bin every time. Once we finally figured out the allergy thing we stopped though. Plus nappy bin refill cartridges are hideously expensive

Drops of gold is an exploitative rip off IMO. Syringes are free from your midwife, you can get instructions from her or online too. You need sticky labels/a sharpie to label your syringes and some sandwich bags/a Tupperware to take them in with you. That’s really all. I actually think it’s pretty awful that they are making people think they need their sets and putting a price barrier on something the NHS are doing their best to promote.
Of course if you want it all pretty you could go for it but you really don’t need to and probably won’t be too bothered once baby arrives.

Amazon baby wish list, it tells you what the gift is if you go into it. It’s gone between the anglecare nappy bin, the Tommee Tippee nappy bin and their starter bottle set in recent months. Both bins require you to continue to buy cartridges I believe and the bottle set is worth £5-10 but it’s worth it if you were going to buy it anyway. The discount if you spend over certain thresholds is worthwhile but items have to be sold and dispatched from Amazon to qualify which a lot of stuff isn’t. I spent ages getting everything just right then realised hardly anything qualified. It is a really good way to keep track of what you need though, and let other know if they want to buy a gift.
I made a note of prices on it so I could track them. The BT 6000 baby monitor would go from £101-£129 and my snuza device between £75-89 so it’s worth watching for the higher priced items. You can use https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ too to track Amazon prices.

Reactions: 3
Drops of gold is an exploitative rip off IMO. Syringes are free from your midwife, you can get instructions from her or online too. You need sticky labels/a sharpie to label your syringes and some sandwich bags/a Tupperware to take them in with you. That’s really all. I actually think it’s pretty awful that they are making people think they need their sets and putting a price barrier on something the NHS are doing their best to promote.
Of course if you want it all pretty you could go for it but you really don’t need to and probably won’t be too bothered once baby arrives.
I actually didn’t realise until I did the session that you could get all the syringes from your midwife - first time mum here so completely got drawn into drops of golds “package” for it all!

I actually didn’t realise until I did the session that you could get all the syringes from your midwife - first time mum here so completely got drawn into drops of golds “package” for it all!
I am also a sucker for some kind of marketing ploy with a nice name doh!

• Haha
Does anyone have any tips for trapped wind?! Under my ribs feels like I'm being stabbed 😩 Absolutely dying today haha between my lower back and hips killing me, trapped wind and heartburn. Went for a meal for my birthday this evening and barely ate half of it cos I'm so uncomfortable!

Cursing first trimester me, wishing for symptoms! 😤🤡

Does anyone have any tips for trapped wind?! Under my ribs feels like I'm being stabbed 😩 Absolutely dying today haha between my lower back and hips killing me, trapped wind and heartburn. Went for a meal for my birthday this evening and barely ate half of it cos I'm so uncomfortable!

I find peppermint tea and numerous rennies a day help

Hello ladies
After a horrendous sleep (if that's what you can even call it) last night, my partner at 2 o'clock this afternoon dragged me to bed and made me take a nap instead of running around trying to get the house organised
The hour and a half sleep I got was definitely needed
However I feel like I could fall asleep on the couch right now as well😂

My bump has dropped and on Tuesday we find out if baby has went back to a normal position instead of breech and if my placenta is where it should be so I can have a natural birth or if it will in fact be a c section

Reactions: 5
We have a Cayenne and love it - boot space is amazing so not even a consideration with prams which is really nice. Bit of a lump to park in London though (and we have the world’s smallest car parking space which we’re going to have to figure out before I get a bump as I won’t be able to get in and out of it), and the fuel consumption is a shocker but we love it so considering upgrading to the hybrid next year. My friend has just got a Q3 and likes it, decent boot space too, once we move out we’ll need a second car so will probably go for a Q3 or a Macan maybe but they seem so much more expensive for not a lot more car. I’m secretly hoping husband gets something sporty so I can use the SUV and then take the fun one when I have a babysitter!

Reactions: 5

Not sure if you’ve practiced yoga before but I find child’s pose and cat/cow really helps me. It’s great for lower back ache too

30 weeks on Monday and had my last day at work today until August 2022. I am thrilled. Doesn’t quite feel real yet that I don’t need to go in on Monday but my goodness I am so happy to put my feet up and relax for the summer before baby boy comes 🧡
I finished work yesterday and feel the same as you, can’t get my head around the fact I won’t have to wake up next week for work! I am definitely ready for it though. I was meant to leave at 33 weeks but stayed on until 36 weeks as I felt like I could but definitely think I pushed myself a bit too far.

I’ve made a list of things to do to keep me occupied and first one is to finally sort my hospital bag out😬

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.