Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi ladies❤
I had my NIPT tests emailed this morning with a low risk for all ❤ So relived. I’ve told my grandparents too and my grandmother couldn’t believe it! She thought it was my sons scan pic until it twigged. I wish I’d filmed it it was lovely.

I also seem to have gained spots alllll along my chin including one mirroring the size and angriness of a volcano so that’s fun 😂
Hi Grumpycat, you may not remember me from the Covid thread last year (don’t tend to go on there as it’s way too opinionated now!). I was wondering how you were doing so looked you up and see you are having a baby! Congratulations! I’m also pleased to see you mention your grandparents because I know how worried you were about them during lockdown. Glad they got through it (and the subsequent ones). Take care xx PS I would have PMd you but obviously that’s no longer an option.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So apparently I woke my partner up in the night for snoring then I immediately fell asleep and started snoring 😂😂 ooppss 😇

anyone got any Father’s Day bits from the bump for tomorrow? Sorry just seen you have just got giddy because found a nice bump card in the shops!

Reactions: 6
So apparently I woke my partner up in the night for snoring then I immediately fell asleep and started snoring 😂😂 ooppss 😇

anyone got any Father’s Day bits from the bump for tomorrow? Sorry just seen you have just got giddy because found a nice bump card in the shops!
I’ve bought just a card because he said he didn’t want anything or a fuss but he is a father already so his son made him an artistic card 😂 it’s actually really cute because it’s finger painting. I’ve bought a bump card too xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I got a card and a little leather key ring with the baby’s scan picture on. We’ve got an afternoon tea being delivered too and our private gender scan later in the day!!

I think I went a bit overboard with the afternoon tea but both our dads died when we were little so it’s the first Father’s Day that’s not a sad occasion! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I got a card and a little leather key ring with the baby’s scan picture on. We’ve got an afternoon tea being delivered too and our private gender scan later in the day!!

I think I went a bit overboard with the afternoon tea but both our dads died when we were little so it’s the first Father’s Day that’s not a sad occasion! 🥰
Aww the afternoon tea is a great idea! 😍 oo which private gender scan are you doing so exciting! We’re waiting until the 20 weeks and it’s killing me 😂

Reactions: 1
We’re looking at the Tiguan. That, the Q5, XC60 or leading the way is the Evoque. I’m not so keen on the BMW X range styling and the Mercedes I think is prob too expensive.
We do genuinely live rurally and want a safe, robust car for the crappy roads.
Any thoughts? I love VW as I’ve had a lot of Golfs and a Polo but the interior of the Tiguan is a bit ‘meh’ for the money.
I totally agree with your opinion about it being “meh” for the money; my parents have one and compared to the interior of my car, it’s really lacklustre. But I’ve grown up driving and riding in VWs and I find them really sturdy and reliable. I had a polo TDI during uni which was in a nasty crash (basically someone tried to overtake and missed, went into the back of me) and the damage was pretty much minimal… to me and the car. Car was able to be repaired and I managed to climb out the window! My lease company had no tiguans, and that’s how I’ve ended up with a Hyundai.

one car brand I’ll never buy again is Ford. My college boyfriend and I had a fiesta zetec and it was nothing but problems. History repeats itself and husband now has a CMax and it’s cost us thousands in repairs for the power steering alone. That’s personal preference. The CMAX is huge though, my son has loads of room in the back and the boot can take a buggy plus shopping.

I love Q5s, as I love BMWs. They are safe, fast and what I have seen of the Q5 it’s huge. The smaller the baby, the more space in your car you need! A work friend has a Range Rover and I was shocked by the lack of boot and storage space. If you have kids/babies with a Range Rover, you might be shocked. Also miles to the gallon for a Range Rover is pathetic, if you’re rural you will be endlessly filling up. Mercedes is literally the only car I’ve never driven…!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi Grumpycat, you may not remember me from the Covid thread last year (don’t tend to go on there as it’s way too opinionated now!). I was wondering how you were doing so looked you up and see you are having a baby! Congratulations! I’m also pleased to see you mention your grandparents because I know how worried you were about them during lockdown. Glad they got through it (and the subsequent ones). Take care xx PS I would have PMd you but obviously that’s no longer an option.
Ahhh hello and of course I remember you!! I don’t check the covid thread either, it got WAY too much!
Yes, very blessed and lucky to be growing baby number 2 🥰 and also incredibly lucky and even MORE blessed that both sets of my grandparents made it through healthily and both sets are extremely excited about the new addition. I feel incredibly lucky. I hope you are doing ok and likewise with your family too, I do remember you saying you had worries and caring situations too so I hope all is as good as can be. Sending love ❤❤

• Heart
I’ve bought just a card because he said he didn’t want anything or a fuss but he is a father already so his son made him an artistic card 😂 it’s actually really cute because it’s finger painting. I’ve bought a bump card too xxx
Awww I love finger painting I can’t wait to do things like that! I’ve got him a bottle of rum from the bump 😂😂!

• Haha
Thank you lovely. Weve narrowef it down to 2013/14 kia sportage and audi q3 currently. Were off to see a q3 on Thursday. Quite excited, but also anxious 🙃
Will will drive the 2.5 hours to go and view then leave a deposit if we like it, then my partner has said he will get the train down to go and collect it for me. I could cry at how wonderful he is to me 🥰
When I was a community nurse, the NHS trust bulk bought Kia Sportages for us to lease along with Nissan jukes. Kia is fab; it drove lovely and it’s perfect if you have a baby. I ended up with a juke and I’ll try and find a photo of how we would put the buggy in… it would have to be folded down and then stood up. Absolutely nightmare. I enjoyed the test drive in the sportage!

I love Audis. To me they are classic like BMWs!

I had to say goodbye to my 3 door Mini Cooper 🙈
MY HEART BREAKS FOR YOU. I had a 2ltr petrol one when I passed my nursing and when I was a NQN. Had it for 12 months as I ended up getting 9 points on my license for 3 separate speeding incidents. My husband was so mad at me so the car had to go.

I realise I sound so boring; I’m 35 and learned how to drive when I was 17. I grew up in rural Lincolnshire so I had to learn how to drive, plus my Grandpa was a mechanic so I always ended up bombing about in a project of his! I miss my Mini Cooper the most, the worst car I had was a Peugeot 207 when I was 19 🤮

• Heart
Aww the afternoon tea is a great idea! 😍 oo which private gender scan are you doing so exciting! We’re waiting until the 20 weeks and it’s killing me 😂
Window to the womb is closest to us so we’re going there (would defo choose the company that makes the room light up if we lived near one though haha). It works really well because my partner often works 7 days a week and can’t make the nhs scans so the fact we can do late afternoon scans on Sundays when he’s back from work are game changing for us! They’re so lovely there and have a little more time than the hospital do to talk you through everything. ❤

@calmyourritas thanks gorgeous girl, I hope you’re doing ok as can be and I have you in my thoughts ❤

I quite like a bit of car chat 🥸
when we had my son we bought a seat Leon which we loved as the boots big and it’s pretty nippy too.

We did upgrade a few months ago to a Mercedes GLC which I adore. It’s much big enough that it drives like a car but the boot is large, and it’s bigger than a car. It’s basically my second baby (until this one is born!) 😂

We test drove a Range Rover Velar but it felt much too big and it was just not us. I was told they have a lot of electrical issues too and they’re not really reliable. I did like the look of a Q5 too and I did ponder a Porsche macan but it was too much and the tech on it was so much older than the Mercedes!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Window to the womb is closest to us so we’re going there (would defo choose the company that makes the room light up if we lived near one though haha). It works really well because my partner often works 7 days a week and can’t make the nhs scans so the fact we can do late afternoon scans on Sundays when he’s back from work are game changing for us! They’re so lovely there and have a little more time than the hospital do to talk you through everything. ❤
Yeah it’s a great idea tbh if I’d known they did weekends I probably would have looked at it! Perfect day Father’s Day too I hope you have the best day after some difficult Father’s Days ❤

• Heart
@calmyourritas thanks gorgeous girl, I hope you’re doing ok as can be and I have you in my thoughts ❤

I quite like a bit of car chat 🥸
when we had my son we bought a seat Leon which we loved as the boots big and it’s pretty nippy too.

We did upgrade a few months ago to a Mercedes GLC which I adore. It’s much big enough that it drives like a car but the boot is large, and it’s bigger than a car. It’s basically my second baby (until this one is born!) 😂

We test drove a Range Rover Velar but it felt much too big and it was just not us. I was told they have a lot of electrical issues too and they’re not really reliable. I did like the look of a Q5 too and I did ponder a Porsche macan but it was too much and the tech on it was so much older than the Mercedes!
agreed with the electrical issues. Our town has a lot of Porsche Caynenes and I love the look of them!

agreed with the electrical issues. Our town has a lot of Porsche Caynenes and I love the look of them!
I feel like this group is full of good drivers! I was banned from driving my partners bmw after I sent four cones flying on the dual carriage way at 50. Only allowed a corsa until I ‘learn to drive’ 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 12
They look lovely don’t they! I didn’t like the interior of the macan, it felt too dated. My dream is a Lamborghini urus but it’s 100% a pipe dream 😂

I traded in my pink fiat 500 for a BMW X2 but it’s in boring sensible black 😒.

I traded in my pink fiat 500 for a BMW X2 but it’s in boring sensible black 😒.
pink!!!! I’m so JEALOUS!

I feel like this group is full of good drivers! I was banned from driving my partners bmw after I sent four cones flying on the dual carriage way at 50. Only allowed a corsa until I ‘learn to drive’ 😳
Mate, 9 points for speeding!! I nearly got 12 but there was no tape in the camera 😬

I did teach my husband how to drive…!

pink!!!! I’m so JEALOUS!

Mate, 9 points for speeding!! I nearly got 12 but there was no tape in the camera 😬

I did teach my husband how to drive…!
It was the Barbie edition 😅 the part of the engine was pink too. Think my husband is happy he doesn’t have to be seen in a pink car anymore. I’ll miss her though!

• Haha
We’re looking at the Tiguan. That, the Q5, XC60 or leading the way is the Evoque. I’m not so keen on the BMW X range styling and the Mercedes I think is prob too expensive.
We do genuinely live rurally and want a safe, robust car for the crappy roads.
Any thoughts? I love VW as I’ve had a lot of Golfs and a Polo but the interior of the Tiguan is a bit ‘meh’ for the money.
Oh got not the evoque! I had one and EVERYTHING went wrong with it. My steering snapped (nearly 4k to fix) and its a common problem!! I've got a Mercedes gla and it's the best thing ever, defo saved me and baby from any serious harm with the accident I was in the other week. My car is getting fixed but the guy that hit me, his is getting written off (Renault kajar) so just shows you how much of a wee tank it is! I got my merc second hand and it wasn't too expensive and its not particularly expensive to run or insure. In fact its MUCH better on fuel than the evoque (merc is also a 4x4) and boot space is also decent

• Heart
  • Wow
All this car talk is making me jealous, we were going to get rid of my mini and buy a bigger car but it's just not an expense we can afford so days out will need to involve two cars as we've also discovered my partners car isn't big enough for two new born car seats, my sons seat and a double pram😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.