Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia 2 days ago, just curious how long it took for the tablets to start making you feel better? I can't wait to hopefully not feel tired all the time anymore!
I've been anemic all my life just about and find for me they take about 3 weeks to make any difference, but I know with some people they can work much faster. I have to take mine with food (nothing with dairy though as it can stop absorption!) Otherwise I feel so sick and get really constipated. Orange juice is supposedly great to take them with as mentioned but I HATE oranges so I just try and take them with some form of fruit aswell.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve been on iron tablets a few times and am back on them since last week. I usually feel a bit better after a week- only problem is that they can really make you constipated so I take stool softeners a couple of times a week. Taking them with orange juice is said to be the best way to take them x
I've been anemic all my life just about and find for me they take about 3 weeks to make any difference, but I know with some people they can work much faster. I have to take mine with food (nothing with dairy though as it can stop absorption!) Otherwise I feel so sick and get really constipated. Orange juice is supposedly great to take them with as mentioned but I HATE oranges so I just try and take them with some form of fruit aswell.
Thank you both! Looks like I need to buy some orange juice 😂 It's reassuring to hear that they will actually make a difference, I feel like I had just accepted that I've been overly tired for so long and that's just the way I am so 🤞 I feel a bit better soon!

Reactions: 2
Had my gender scan this morning - we’re having 2 girls 🥰💗💗 and we got to hear the heartbeats which made me more emotional than I thought it would!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Had my gender scan this morning - we’re having 2 girls 🥰💗💗 and we got to hear the heartbeats which made me more emotional than I thought it would!
Awwww amazing congratulations!!! Mines not till 4pm, feels so long to wait! 🤣

Reactions: 1
I got diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia 2 days ago, just curious how long it took for the tablets to start making you feel better? I can't wait to hopefully not feel tired all the time anymore!
I’m on week 3 and I’m just about starting to feel okay. I’m like 75% there but I’ve got a history of anaemia and I’ve had transfusions in the past!

And avoid tea with your meals, that’s what my consultant always told me! I’ve got some laxatives and have a huge bowl of all bran every morning.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Our gender scan on Friday she said "looks like a little girl". Me being the biggest overthinker ever, about an hour after the appt I said to my husband "do you think she was sure?" He's been laughing at me since. He said she wouldn't have bothered saying the gender if she couldn't see it.
Welcome to my brain 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Our gender scan on Friday she said "looks like a little girl". Me being the biggest overthinker ever, about an hour after the appt I said to my husband "do you think she was sure?" He's been laughing at me since. He said she wouldn't have bothered saying the gender if she couldn't see it.
Welcome to my brain 😂😂😂
Was that a private one or NHS?

At our 20 week scan when I asked for the gender, she said “I’m going to go with… girl” but she was a bit non-committal 😂 so then as much as we’re preparing for a girl I’ve also got it in the back of my mind that she could be wrong! But I also read online that the NHS ones they prefer not to fully commit in case they’re wrong haha.

We’re having another private one in July to make sure 😂

Reactions: 7
I think we are going to pay for a gender scan at 17 weeks, all your experiences sound lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yay congratulations!! X x

Morning all. Happy Sunday / Father's Day! I've just tried watching a 45 min chat about hypnobirthing with my partner who laughed his way through it. Naturally, I'm now questioning my birth partner because my hormones are complete stable.... 🙄🤣
I really enjoyed that session. From my partner’s reaction to it he’ll be waiting outside during the birth ha x

I'm just waiting outside for my 4d scan. Debating upgrading to HD, if I remember correctly people have said it's much better.

Reactions: 4
Had our 3D/4D scan on Thursday, it was wonderful to see baby , got video clips of them sucking their thumb, playing with their feet, yawning. Very active baby. I got up off the clinic bed and fainted again , out cold 🙈 I'm 26 weeks. The fainting has me on edge as I can't drive or go anywhere. 😐 can't do anything nice 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Had our 3D/4D scan on Thursday, it was wonderful to see baby , got video clips of them sucking their thumb, playing with their feet, yawning. Very active baby. I got up off the clinic bed and fainted again , out cold 🙈 I'm 26 weeks. The fainting has me on edge as I can't drive or go anywhere. 😐 can't do anything nice 😔
Oh that sounds lovely. I think I have quite a lazy baby as I don't feel him move loads like others explain. Sounds awful fainting, how often has it happened? Have you mentioned it to your midwife? X

Just wondering how people approached telling their other children there will be a new baby?

I haven’t wanted to tell our son (3.5) yet as not all of our family know because I’m sure once he does, he’ll tell everyone! He seems very excited about the thought of a baby though, but I’ve just been abit hesitant about actually telling him 🙈

I'm just waiting outside for my 4d scan. Debating upgrading to HD, if I remember correctly people have said it's much better.
I found the HD was much better and baby was a nicer colour on the screen if that makes sense 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.