Pregnancy #11 we still love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had my 28 week midwife appointment. Traces of protein were found in my urine & my fundal height measurement has jumped up 6cm in 3 weeks! Because of family history of gestational & type 2 diabetes I need to be tested. I'm really bad with needles and super worried about it, I already need IV antibiotics in labour due to GBS. I just feel like I'm having never ending issues this pregnancy, I haven't been able to enjoy it for a single day and I have wanted this for so long. I'm really sorry I just wanted to rant a bit 😭 Has anybody had traces of protein and if so what did it turn out to be if anything? Also, for anybody that has been tested for gestational diabetes, what is the process atm? Thank you and sorry again haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My trusts maternity policy is so pathetic. I work 13.5hr shifts, and I rang HR today to see how many hours protected do I have to attend pre-natal appointments. HR and the policy state “as long as it’s not unreasonable”. What’s unreasonable? An entire shift? 7hrs? Over an hour?

Am I being silly in thinking “unreasonable” to just open ended for my manager to turn around and say I have to take leave? My first appointment with my consultant is 0935-12pm, and it’s an hour there and back as I live in a different city to where I’m having my baby.

I’ve emailed my manager saying that despite me being allowed protected time, how much are you going to give me and is it just easier if I take leave 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone! this thread is so fun. i have a question i was wondering anyone can help me with. I am currently 5 weeks 4 days pregnant, and i feel.... absolutely normal?? I don't have any symptoms other than feeling a bit tired and bloated, and my boobs hurt in the mornings when i wake up for an hour or so. Before i tested i had a few days of being completely exhausted. I'm also peeing more but that's due to drinking more water. But i don't feel sick or have any aversions or anything. Wondering if there is anything wrong with me/the baby? I know it might seem silly to ask but everyone always talks about how weird they feel etc and i just feel completely like my normal self. I have done about 12 tests over the past 10 days or so, including the Clearblue digital ones!
Congratulations ❤ I felt normal until week 6 then the sickness started by week 8 I was off most foods 😩. I started gradually feeling better from about 13/14 weeks. You may be one of the lucky ones who doesn’t get any sickness though? My friend didn’t know she was pregnant until she was 14 weeks as she felt completely normal up until then 😅

Reactions: 4
My trusts maternity policy is so pathetic. I work 13.5hr shifts, and I rang HR today to see how many hours protected do I have to attend pre-natal appointments. HR and the policy state “as long as it’s not unreasonable”. What’s unreasonable? An entire shift? 7hrs? Over an hour?

Am I being silly in thinking “unreasonable” to just open ended for my manager to turn around and say I have to take leave? My first appointment with my consultant is 0935-12pm, and it’s an hour there and back as I live in a different city to where I’m having my baby.

I’ve emailed my manager saying that despite me being allowed protected time, how much are you going to give me and is it just easier if I take leave 😭
I've been taking leave for mine, as like you my trusts policy isn't clear & I know that the more appointments I attend the more people I work with are going to make comments so all round it has been easier just to book the time off.

However, I had a last minute appointment come through from my consultant and it took 4 hours, tough sh*t if it's an inconvenience to the ward.

• Heart
We originally have Xander as a possible name and a woman at my work (who is nearly 70) went "ew don't like that it sounds like a p*ki name"
I mean apart from the fact its short for Alexander, she's extremely scummy to make a racist comment like that
If anything, Alexander is a Jewish name from Greek origin, stupid cow.

We didn’t tell anyone my sons name before he was born as one sister at work went “that’s a dogs name” WELL YOUR FACE LOOKS LIKE A DOGS BUTT, SISTER.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
We originally have Xander as a possible name and a woman at my work (who is nearly 70) went "ew don't like that it sounds like a p*ki name"
I mean apart from the fact its short for Alexander, she's extremely scummy to make a racist comment like that
I just gasped out loud!!!!!!!!
Absolutely not!!!!! HR 📣

Our name is Abigail, didn’t think it could make some recoil 😵💫

Just had my 28 week midwife appointment. Traces of protein were found in my urine & my fundal height measurement has jumped up 6cm in 3 weeks! Because of family history of gestational & type 2 diabetes I need to be tested. I'm really bad with needles and super worried about it, I already need IV antibiotics in labour due to GBS. I just feel like I'm having never ending issues this pregnancy, I haven't been able to enjoy it for a single day and I have wanted this for so long. I'm really sorry I just wanted to rant a bit 😭 Has anybody had traces of protein and if so what did it turn out to be if anything? Also, for anybody that has been tested for gestational diabetes, what is the process atm? Thank you and sorry again haha!
I had protein a few weeks ago and was advised to drink more.

I have been flagged up as having GD from very early on so I ate a GD diet for two weeks before my test (they say you shouldn’t but I did).
I had my bloods taken before the drink, drank the drink (was yummy to me!?), took bloods 1 hour after then 2 hours after.
Came back as NOT GD 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
I've been taking leave for mine, as like you my trusts policy isn't clear & I know that the more appointments I attend the more people I work with are going to make comments so all round it has been easier just to book the time off.

However, I had a last minute appointment come through from my consultant and it took 4 hours, tough sh*t if it's an inconvenience to the ward.
What ward are you on, and how did your night shift go when you had no sleep?!

My Trusts policy is absolutely ridiculous and reads like it’s a riddle. People are going to make comments as ICU is bitchy girl central, so I think I’m going to just take leave and suck it up. It’s unfair really as my friend on her ward gets protected 7hours every 2 weeks to see her consultant. She goes to see him and then have a little shopping trip in town 😭

Reactions: 1
We were going with Eleanor but have shortened it down to Nora. I think it might make my MIL froth because she keeps calling babs Ellie.

Saying that my MIL froths at everything!

If people ask I'll tell them I love the name Nora so I don't care what people say and hubs actually suggested we shorten Eleanor so I'm happy he's happy. We're the only two that matter!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What ward are you on, and how did your night shift go when you had no sleep?!

My Trusts policy is absolutely ridiculous and reads like it’s a riddle. People are going to make comments as ICU is bitchy girl central, so I think I’m going to just take leave and suck it up. It’s unfair really as my friend on her ward gets protected 7hours every 2 weeks to see her consultant. She goes to see him and then have a little shopping trip in town 😭
Originally ICU but I have been moved to a "cold" ward. Terrible, I finished my last night this morning, managed to sleep a bit better.

Could it be worth speaking to OccyHealth?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We were going with Eleanor but have shortened it down to Nora. I think it might make my MIL froth because she keeps calling babs Ellie.

If people ask I'll tell them I love the name Nora so I don't care what people say and hubs actually suggested we shorten Eleanor so I'm happy he's happy. We're the only two that matter!
I honestly think I’ll say to the next person ‘but I don’t like your name and I’ve never mentioned that to your face’ 😂😂 nice and passive aggressive as it doesn’t mean I’ve never said it to someone else 😏

• Haha
  • Heart

Our girls name is Dorothy. MIL says she would refuse to call the girl Dorothy. I said that’s fine, as the girl won’t call her Nanny but rather Sharon instead. She didn’t like that.

I feel the impression of me on this thread is not a positive one.

Originally ICU but I have been moved to a "cold" ward. Terrible, I finished my last night this morning, managed to sleep a bit better.

Could it be worth speaking to OccyHealth?
ICU buddies!!!

I’m going to wait and see what the managers say, and try and be reasonable. I don’t mind using leave as I have 3 weeks hanging out, but my trust seem to rely on “managers discretion” for decisions which we all know means that one person will be treated fairly and the other, not so much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Our girls name is Dorothy. MIL says she would refuse to call the girl Dorothy. I said that’s fine, as the girl won’t call her Nanny but rather Sharon instead. She didn’t like that.

Me neither but it’s our private place to vent! 😂

[QUOTE="Smallpotato, post: 5290078, member: 53150"

[/QUOTE]
If it makes you feel better, in my last pregnancy I asked to swap a shift to go to an appt (so not even missing any work!) and was told that it’s only really a bp check and urine dip and i could do that for myself at work and thus I could skip the appointment 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ So no shopping trips for me either!

• Wow
  • Haha
Just tried the shaving malarkey we were complaining about recently, 24 weeks so I’m still fairly nimble but I can’t see a thing 😂😂 remind me not to leave it that long again 🤭

• Haha
Just tried the shaving malarkey we were complaining about recently, 24 weeks so I’m still fairly nimble but I can’t see a thing 😂😂 remind me not to leave it that long again 🤭
😂😂 I had to put a plaster on my toe last night so my leg was hitched up on the bed and my partner said that it was a terrible sight (he looked really ill actually!)… I compromised and settled down with nail scissors to trim it, forgetting I can’t see over my belly so I put the scissors down and went to sleep instead 🤣

• Haha
[QUOTE="Smallpotato, post: 5290078, member: 53150"

If it makes you feel better, in my last pregnancy I asked to swap a shift to go to an appt (so not even missing any work!) and was told that it’s only really a bp check and urine dip and i could do that for myself at work and thus I could skip the appointment 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ So no shopping trips for me either!
[/QUOTE]
😂😂Perks of working for the NHS eh!

I'm half surprised my manager hasn't said that to me, although when I announced I was having twins I'm sure she thought I was just angling for more time off.

• Wow
  • Haha
😂😂Perks of working for the NHS eh!

I'm half surprised my manager hasn't said that to me, although when I announced I was having twins I'm sure she thought I was just angling for more time off.
🤣 two babies? You ain’t getting double the maternity!

• Haha

ICU buddies!!!

I’m going to wait and see what the managers say, and try and be reasonable. I don’t mind using leave as I have 3 weeks hanging out, but my trust seem to rely on “managers discretion” for decisions which we all know means that one person will be treated fairly and the other, not so much.
I love the name Dorothy!! Love it

And Eleanor/Nora 💕

Weve went with the name Marshall. Bit different, not to everyone's taste, but we love it.
Reminds me of the lovely guy from how i met your mother. Really nice name😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.