Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heartbeats

My baby girl arrived yesterday. We are so, so in love with her.

I had the balloon induction on Thursday and my waters were broken on Saturday morning. After 24 hours, she was here. Totally surreal experience and she’s worth every single second of pain.

Keep going ladies, the prize at the end is nothing short of amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Noseynora91

Hi ladies, my little girl was born today via c-section at 11:21 weighing 8lb 10oz I’m so in love and can’t stop staring at her 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 40

calmyourritas

VIP Member
😞😞😞

My heart is broken. So after seeing my little bean at 7 weeks with a flickering heartbeat, we found out at the 12 week scan that he/she had stopped growing just a week after that and no longer had a heartbeat. And I didn’t even know. No signs or symptoms that anything was wrong. I feel empty and lost and can’t get my words out. Absolutely devastated and no idea how to get past this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Bwacac

Chatty Member
I hope everyone is doing well. I’ve been reading and catching up when I can but wanted to update after the birth of my little girl. If you remember she was born poorly at 38+4 and was admitted onto SCBU. We ended up spending 11days there, she was nil by mouth for 7 days and on antibiotics as she had an infection called Nec. She was so poorly and it was heartbreaking not being able to feed her, she was on 3 lots of antibiotics for a week. Finally on day 8 she was tube fed my breast milk every 2 hours for 2 days and on day 10 we were able to try breastfeeding. She latched on like a champ and hasn’t looked back. Her tube was taken out 4 hours later and all her meds were stopped. That night she was able to spend with me in the mother and baby unit and the following night her dad was able to join us before we all came home the following day. To look at her now you’d never think she was so poorly. She’s 4 weeks old tomorrow and an absolute dream! We are completely besotted with her and I don’t put her down, after being in SCBU for 11 days we are making up on all the cuddles. I’m going to keep checking in here as I love reading everyone’s stories, moans and updates. Take care everyone. Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Abcd123

VIP Member
Had my 20 week scan this week. Feel so happy and on top of the world to be having a healthy baby! (Baby no2!). Really excited now as half way 😊 started buying a few bits and it's getting real.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Jellybb

VIP Member
Had an outdoor garden party this weekend and MY GOD! When you are sober you really realise how annoying drunk people are🙄 not being social again until AFTER the baby is born

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Dipdab

VIP Member
Scan went really well, they are both growing nicely in there and are pretty much the same size. We had a student sonographer so she could only really see the gender of one twin but she wasn’t sure. The other twin was moving around too much and had legs crossed. So we think we have one girl 🥰 going to book in a gender scan I think because I don’t think I can wait another 4 weeks for my next hospital scan

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Heartbeats

I’m being induced tomorrow. Can’t quite get my head around it. Don’t think I’ll be sleeping much tonight!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Omg noooooo 😭 the horror stories I’ve heard about “misplacing” the cream because you can’t see it properly. All I will say is if you want a burning vagina/basically everything down there because some cream went awry then go for it. I really urge you to not 😂😂😂
I’m not saying that I burned my bum hole this weekend but I burned my bum hole.

I bribed my husband 😂 he did a very good job!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Did anyone else tell their parents / in laws as soon as they found out?
We told ours at around 7 weeks after our early scan. I am glad I did now because after our loss it is nice to have their support, I couldn’t imagine going through this without them knowing.

P.S. I hope it’s okay I’m still reading this thread ... I feel so invested in all your stories 🤍❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Spoke to my partner this morning and had a good talk about it all. He’s just been stressing over work and hence the grumpiness which is unusual for him, I think we’re finally on the same page regarding baby now. Panic over 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Well baby shower was yesterday and our little boy has been well and truly spoiled. Now time to relax for the next 5 weeks before little one hopefully appears

• Heart
Reactions: 17

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

Sorry I think I've missed a couple of these threads - the last few weeks were a bit rough. It's been nice reading and catching up on how you've all been though. :)

The good news is that I'm now 13 weeks, and have transitioned from feeling nauseous all the time to being ravenously hungry every 2-3 hours 😂 which makes a nice change I guess!

We also had our first NHS scan on Friday 🥰 they dated me 4 days ahead of where I was expecting, but I'm 98% sure my dates are right and bubba is just long and tall. At first we couldn't see anything and I panicked, but it turned out they were just laying in an awkward position, so after a bit of coughing and wiggling we got a decent view of them.

I've booked another private scan at 16 weeks to tell the gender, and I've also got my first appointment with the maternal mental health team that week.

I keep looking at 'baby' stuff online and in the shops, but for some reason I'm too nervous to buy anything. It still feels like I'd be jinxing it by buying too early, and I think I'm just scared to get too 'invested' just yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I had the vaccine and am comfortable with my choice but it’s a really muddy area, there’s no right or wrong and shouldn’t be any judgment for it. My doctor was fully supportive of it and I was reassured by the stats from the US who were ahead of us in vaccinating pregnant women. I personally felt I couldn’t avoid all risks of getting covid (and frankly not prepared to shield indefinitely for my own mental health’s sake) and the risk of catching it whilst pregnant felt to me a greater and more known risk than taking the vaccine. I also felt reassured baby will have some protection and I imagine come November when they’re born it will be on the rise again. Frankly nobody will forgive themselves if the worst happened you’d look to blame yourself for your decision whether that’s to have the vaccine or not so it’s really whatever makes you feel more comfortable now, it’s nice to see people able to discuss it here without mud slinging either way. It’s a really emotive topic and I feel a bit sorry for care providers because we’re looking to them for answers they simply don’t have. There is a (predominantly US based) group on Facebook based on the topic of the vaccine for pregnant and new mums and I found there to be some really informative scientific links shared there which helped guide my decision.

• Heart

Lucozadelover

VIP Member
I’m 16 weeks only just had it confirmed last week been the past 2 months in denial/fear after a loss last year wouldn’t let myself get my hopes up and made excuses for all the signs like stress was stopping my period until my bump popped out last week took the test and got a scan!! Was still surprised how far along I was I thought in the back of my head maybe 8/9 weeks

• Heart