Pregnancy #11 we still love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, wow another thread!! I ordered a changing bag and it arrived yesterday and I don't like it, so I'm sending it back. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I have a tiba + marl but it’s a holdall - it’s beautiful and great to throw on the pram but the older they get the more cumbersome it is. I would deffo vouch for a backpack!

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone, wow another thread!! I ordered a changing bag and it arrived yesterday and I don't like it, so I'm sending it back. Does anyone have any recommendations?
A rucksack type one. Soooo much easier than a cross body bag one!

[QUOTE="wakametango, post: 5151

My sis in law has a baby Mel and happy with it. I managed to get a new unused tiba and marl on on eBay but purely for Aesthetics 🙊 not arrived yet as the mumma just given birth so I told her Not to rush and I can wait 3 months for it 😆💖
Ooh I think I was watching that on eBay 🤣
[/QUOTE]
Sorry 😂 I annoy myself with the Alexa announcements for when bids end and endless eBay notifications, can’t keep up with everything I watch 😆

20 weeks and just caught twin 1 (girl) kick from the outside for the first time & I won't lie there were tears. I had an anterior placenta with my son & twin 2(boy) has an anterior placenta so I felt next to nothing until I was about 29 weeks externally. I forgot how beautiful it was to see them move🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh gosh I've never had a rucksack before. Not sure I'm cool enough!!!
Most of the time it’s shoved on the pram clips but I found it so difficult holding my son on one side and the bag on the other when he got bigger like 8months onwards.

Does anyone know anything about hayfever relief during pregnancy I can’t get anything over the counter according to boots pharmacy so doubtful I can have anything does anyone have any experience of this xx

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know anything about hayfever relief during pregnancy I can’t get anything over the counter according to boots pharmacy so doubtful I can have anything does anyone have any experience of this xx
I spoke to a pharmacist at work a few weeks ago re anti histamines. You can take citirizine, but you'll need to go in and speak to a pharmacist if not your GP. I've had some prescribed to me & they are definitely OK in pregnancy x

I spoke to the pharmacist at my GP about this.. basically she said that they can prescribe something if you really need it but to hold off if you can as like most stuff it's not been tested on pregnant women (and that you def can't just go to boots and buy over the counter stuff). She was a bit...patronising to say the least, I did roll my eyes a lot 🤣 I ended up with some prescribed eye drops and the offer of more if I needed it but touch wood I haven't so far. I think they're a bit OTT about some stuff if I'm honest.

Ooh I think I was watching that on eBay 🤣
Sorry 😂 I annoy myself with the Alexa announcements for when bids end and endless eBay notifications, can’t keep up with everything I watch 😆
[/QUOTE]
Haha no, it was way out of my price league if it's the one I was watching. I just love having a nose at what stuff goes for.

Thank you to whoever recommended the bump mask in the previous thread, I used it tonight and it was so soothing on my bump especially in this hot weather!

@Kitt noticed you haven’t posted here in a while, hope you’re doing okay :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you to whoever recommended the bump mask in the previous thread, I used it tonight and it was so soothing on my bump especially in this hot weather!

@Kitt noticed you haven’t posted here in a while, hope you’re doing okay :)
I was thinking of @Kitt too today hope you’re ok xx

I spoke to the pharmacist at my GP about this.. basically she said that they can prescribe something if you really need it but to hold off if you can as like most stuff it's not been tested on pregnant women (and that you def can't just go to boots and buy over the counter stuff). She was a bit...patronising to say the least, I did roll my eyes a lot 🤣 I ended up with some prescribed eye drops and the offer of more if I needed it but touch wood I haven't so far. I think they're a bit OTT about some stuff if I'm honest.

Haha no, it was way out of my price league if it's the one I was watching. I just love having a nose at what stuff goes for.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the info that is pretty much what the lady in boots said to me I couldn’t get through to my doctors I wouldn’t whinge but I usually get steroid spray and my chest is quite wheezy I don’t get asthma but she told me I should be concerned so might have to try yet again with doctors tomorrow she said 111 can help to get prescriptions never heard of that before xx

Oh gosh I've never had a rucksack before. Not sure I'm cool enough!!!

Oh my gosh, I’m not in ANY way cool and I have a backpack! Very handy for when you are babywearing, and generally isn’t slipping down your shoulder or anything so leaves both hands free.

Reactions: 4
It looks like I’m going to be induced next week due to pre-eclampsia. I’ve been warned that as a first time mum at 37 weeks this could be a long and painful process and may result in a c-section. Does anyone have any experiences they can share?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Laying in bed and about 8 cramps have tried to get me but managed to stretch them out... tonight’s going to be fun 😫 haven’t even been on my feet today!!?

• Sad
This seems to vary so much, I mentioned it in passing while I was at my GP for other reasons last week, and she just prescribed me a big ol' box of Piriton saying it's fine to take. I try to only take it when I really need it though, but she didn't seem concerned or anything. Strange how advice varies so much!

I was suffering really badly a few weeks ago. I got prescribed a spray, I will find out the name for you tomorrow. It was awful so I feel your pain, touch wood mine has improved, so fingers crossed it stays that way

• Heart
I saw you are allowed to take cetirizine and loratidene but not the other ones. This was only on a google search though, no official doctor!

Anyone else suffering really badly with round ligament pain 🙈 I’ve never experienced it in previous pregnancy’s and it’s so painful

It looks like I’m going to be induced next week due to pre-eclampsia. I’ve been warned that as a first time mum at 37 weeks this could be a long and painful process and may result in a c-section. Does anyone have any experiences they can share?
While my induction experience turned out to be a not so positive one (not due to the induction mind) I would say look into hypnobirthing even if you think it is a load of old tosh (highly recommend positive birth company if you haven’t already). The breathing techniques will keep you calm(er), the positive affirmations on birth and therefore inductions will help your body and brain relax a bit more and help you to birth easier. Like you I read so many negative things about inductions but there are SO many positives ones too so seek them out and don’t fill your head up with bad things as you really want to be going in with a head full of I can do this rather than “oh gosh what about this and this and this”. I recommend positive birth co.’s Instagram for this too, lots and lots of positive induction stories. In the end my little boy arrived safely and soundly by c section which was definitely not as awful as I had wound it up to be in my head and my recovery was brilliant with a week or two of rest and taking it easy for the few weeks after but I will always look back and thank hypnobirthing for keeping me calm and helping me to make rational and sane decisions for me and my baby even though I thought it was a bit hippy to begin with. Best of luck to you 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.