Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people say ‘global pandemic’. The meaning of pandemic means international spread of illness/disease so the global bit just proves the person doesn’t understand the word. Infuriating!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
“Do you know what I mean”. My boyfriend has the worst habit of saying it after everythinggggg. Genuinely makes me angry every time🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When people say ‘global pandemic’. The meaning of pandemic means international spread of illness/disease so the global bit just proves the person doesn’t understand the word. Infuriating!!
PIN number is another one.

pan fry ... everything that’s fried is bleeping fried in a pan. The pan is completely unnecessary.

I think too much about these things.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've just seen a birthday post to someone saying 'Happy Birthday, keep being you, never change, you've achieved so much'. It's her birthday, not this is your life :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not to come down on you, but a pandemic isn't always global. It's just widespread over a large geographic region. Widespread enough not to classify as an epidemic, but there's no definitive measurement. X

I have posted on another thread, that for a very short time I was a paying guest/lodger with a family in Lichfield. They were strange, but what used to drive me mad was they used to pronounce baby as baa bee.

To be honest this used to drive me mad until a few days ago and I thought about posting it here.

Then I suddenly realised that By the rivers of Babylon is pronounced Baa Bee Lon and not Baby Lon, so I reckon that they both thought that is how to pronounce baby.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Unprecedented, I’m so sick of hearing it. Nobody even knew it was a word until Boris said it on the news a few month ago now it’s a staple part of everyone vocabulary

“Do you know what I mean”. My boyfriend has the worst habit of saying it after everythinggggg. Genuinely makes me angry every time🤬
You’re not alone, my bf does it too 🤣

I swear one day I’m going to have an epic meltdown and be heard for miles screaming ‘YES, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!’ 😂

• Haha
You’re not alone, my bf does it too 🤣

I swear one day I’m going to have an epic meltdown and be heard for miles screaming ‘YES, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!’ 😂
My wife's niece, when she was about 5, used to stare blankly when I asked to do something, so one day I said to her "Do you understand?", She replied " Yes, I understood". I thought it was hilarious, and burst out laughing

Unprecedented, I’m so sick of hearing it. Nobody even knew it was a word until Boris said it on the news a few month ago now it’s a staple part of everyone vocabulary
We were going to start a drinking game at the start of the lockdown, downing a shot every time it was said on telly, but decided it was too dangerous for our livers. Since then, husband and I each do a small cheer as if we were playing the game each time it’s mentioned. We’re both working from home and both in meetings a lot of the time using headphones. I’ll hear him doing a small cheer and know someone at his meeting has said it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can't wait to see his/her face in the morning - especially when the child is 1 :rolleyes: . It's just annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
A certain word beginning with C, think december holiday..... I will not use the word.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I heard someone call someone else a fun sponge, I've never heard it before and never want to hear it again 😅🥴

A certain word beginning with C, think december holiday..... I will not use the word.
Chrimbo ?! 🤣 it is awful 🤢

“gurl”
“YASS QUEEN!”
Hubby”
“Wifey”
“Hun”
“Say it louder for the people in the back”
All are awful!!!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.