Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve posted a few times on this thread but I have to say, I’ve read through the whole thing and thought I’m guilty of loads of these 😂

Women calling their friends "wifey".

Adulting.

Winning at life.

This one.

I hate people referring to Wednesdays as "humpdays" too. Infact I did not know what a hump day was for a very long time!

If you know, you know. (I was arguing with a woman in real life who used a Mrs Hinch catchphrase 🤣 then threatened to smash my face in)

Hinching.

Get me on that plane. (Usually accompanied with a screenshot of a countdown to a holiday)

Take me back. (It could be a holiday they went on last bloody week for crying out loud)

Wine O Clock.

Anyone younger than 60 using the word "narf" ie. "It was narf hot out there". Alot of people my age use it in this town which I find bizarre and out of place on a young'un. Old ladyship slang.

Revival of what I call old "roadman" slang which was used 20+ years ago and now used by northern town kids entirely out of it's original context.

Reactions: 6
Goals
Hot mess
Baby daddy
Ratchet
Holibobs
Girlies/me and my girls etc
Humpday
Plant babies
Dog/cat mumma

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Do people actually refer to themselves as parents of plants? Seriously?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When people say 'fresh'

Fresh set of nails or fresh set of highlights :sick: . I've just had to mute my hairdresser friend for saying it.

• Haha
‘Squeaky cheese’ for Halloumi. My Cypriot and Arab colleagues were shocked to hear their dish referred to in such a way.
Normally I hate American English but I am with the Americans on saying ‘pulp’ in orange juice as opposed to the dumbed down childlike British ‘bits’ or heaven help me ‘juicy bits’

• Haha
‘Squeaky cheese’ for Halloumi. My Cypriot and Arab colleagues were shocked to hear their dish referred to in such a way.
Normally I hate American English but I am with the Americans on saying ‘pulp’ in orange juice as opposed to the dumbed down childlike British ‘bits’ or heaven help me ‘juicy bits’
Is it not referred to as squeaky cheese when it’s not actually halloumi? Like when it’s a different milk used.

"Lessons have been learnt" usually said by higher ups after a massive duck up... until the next duck up. The lesson is never actually learnt, the system never actually changes.

"No offense but...." is always a get out of jail card to say something offensive.

"Good for you" usually said when someone doesn't expect a certain achievement from you. I find it condescending.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
"Lessons have been learnt" usually said by higher ups after a massive duck up... until the next duck up. The lesson is never actually learnt, the system never actually changes.

"No offense but...." is always a get out of jail card to say something offensive.

"Good for you" usually said when someone doesn't expect a certain achievement from you. I find it condescending.
I couldn't agree more with the 'good for you'! English is my second language and the first time I heard it I thought they were being sarcastic. Because in Germany we have that saying and it is totally condescending.

Hahaha we use date night as a euphanism for sex, we always have kids around so it's easier to say, do you fancy a date night tonight 😂😂😂😂 I'm hoping the kids will just think we are very romantic
My husband sometimes says "sexy time" it completely kills my mood :sick:🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.