Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When doing my recovery courses a few of the ex addicts buzz words would get on my tits, some were so over used, they would catch on with service users who would use them often entirely out of context:
"It is what it is"
"Taking ownership of our actions"
"Letting go of negativity"
"Selfcare"
"The inner child"

Reactions: 6
Adult headache ...no, you have a hangover! šŸ˜±

Holibobs
Sleeps ..2 sleeps until Holibobs!! šŸ¤Æ
My tribe
Mama /Muma

like, like, like after everything! šŸ¤Æ

AWESOME, completely over used, not everything can be awesome, pick ONE thing!

ā€˜Cheekyā€™ as in a ā€˜cheeky glass of wineā€™ or ā€˜cheeky BBQā€™ šŸ„“
Also ā€˜be rude not toā€™ and ā€˜me thinksā€™.
duck off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Sentences that start ā€œTo be fairā€ ā€œSoā€ and ā€œRightā€

Lush is the chavs descriptive word of choice šŸ˜–

Reactions: 4
I saw a woman I vaguley know tweet about wanting a ā€œsushi and secco nightā€.

secco being Prosecco. I donā€™t know if is a popular way of referring to Prosecco but it made me felt sick, never want to hear that again in my life.

• Haha
  • Sick
I saw a woman I vaguley know tweet about wanting a ā€œsushi and secco nightā€.

secco being Prosecco. I donā€™t know if is a popular way of referring to Prosecco but it made me felt sick, never want to hear that again in my life.
There is a girl on my Facebook who also refers to it as Secco, and any other drink is a ā€˜bevā€™. I have to restrain myself from commenting ā€˜stop trying to make bev happen, itā€™s not going to happen!ā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There is a girl on my Facebook who also refers to it as Secco, and any other drink is a ā€˜bevā€™. I have to restrain myself from commenting ā€˜stop trying to make bev happen, itā€™s not going to happen!ā€™
lord, it really is a thing then. Canā€™t stand the idea of people walking around talking about bevs and secco! Ughhh!

Reactions: 2
"Making memories"
There's a girl on fb who always writes "another day making memories" i don't know why but it makes me cringe šŸ˜¬

• Sick
Reactions: 12
"Making memories"
There's a girl on fb who always writes "another day making memories" i don't know why but it makes me cringe šŸ˜¬
Haha itā€™s such a redundant saying isnā€™t it. If you are a human with a normal working brain and no amnesia or brain injury, then yes, your days are spent making memories. Itā€™s like saying ā€œanother day breathingā€.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Haha itā€™s such a redundant saying isnā€™t it. If you are a human with a normal working brain and no amnesia or brain injury, then yes, your days are spent making memories. Itā€™s like saying ā€œanother day breathingā€.
Thatā€™s a good way of putting it. I hate that saying too because it alludes to organised fun šŸ¤£ like we WILL have a good time and we WILL remember this day for the rest of our lives!!!

• Haha
Living his/her/my best life
Famalam
Totes Amazeballs (we have the Chelsea set to thank for that gem!) šŸ¤£
Hun (I am not Attila the Hun)
Mis-use of the word ā€œliterallyā€
Mind your own beeswax - why not just say business? šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Giving 110%
Sorry, not sorry - which is it to be? šŸ¤£

Oh yes, I forgot about that one. It is hideous and sounds so infantile.

ā€œWinning at life/parentingā€ etc etc and ā€œI won the dayā€ (by doing something actually very routine). Hate the phrases,the concept,everything.

• Haha
I know someone that calls it Prozzy o_O šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
A photo of an offspring who's 21St birthday is today, captioned with "My baby. How did this happen?"

Referring to lipsticks, earrings, and other inanimate objects as "bad boys"

Calling Wednesday "Humpday".

Happy Friday ( or whatever day it happens to be).

"It would be rude not to".

A photo of a holiday view captioned with "Not too shabby"

Anyone who "swears by" an item of makeup or skincare.

Anyone who is said to "rock" an item of clothing.

šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
People over using the word super especially when something really isn't good for example

'Oh it was terrible she was like so super ill like dying but the hospital was just super full'

'He was driving super fast and the car crashed and it was like super upsetting to see'

To me they just sound like such totally super f*cking idiots šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I first remember Christmas Eve Eve in one of the early episodes of Friends, think Phoebe said it. Didnā€™t realise other people said it now too šŸ¤®

Current one I hate is using quarantine in the wrong context when they actually mean ā€˜all the shops and restaurants are closed, the world has come to a standstill and Iā€™m boredā€™. Saw a few of the IG lot saying ā€˜this quarantineā€™ like theyā€™re talking about a season.
Speaking of Friends, might I just add the horrendous and world-wide "Pot, Kettle, black? "

"Netflix and Chill"

.. and "boils my piss" because of the yuck imagery it gives rise to!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.