Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Yaaaaas' just saw a mini engagement party on instagram and the balloons were 'she said yaaaas' :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“Fabulous night with fabulous company”

It is in most cases a lie and all very pretentious when people write this.

I used to go to a hub for ex addicts, there was a specific tier of us, who were doing voluntary mentoring. Usually only people that had something to prove to the world would be on this - someone who needed to evident changes to see their children or to finish probation for example. The group hated eachother, they were the most bitchiest group of grown men and women I had ever come across in my life. Smaller groups within the group were never formed either for this reason, it just seemed to always remain a big cluster of 25 sneaky backstabbers, who would all call eachother out of ear shot . There were always these trips where you were obliged to go, such as Lake District, Snowden or a local musical arts museum for the day. The clusteral brown nosing days would always end with photographs posed with their hands wedged up eachothers arses, grinning ear to ear always...

"Living my best life, fabulous time with fabulous people".

These people all bleeping hated eachother, but would always be slithering in and out of eachothers arseholes on the comments things such as ...

One woman will be called beautiful by another on and she would always respond "coming from you! X". Despite slagging eachother off in other peoples inboxes. All so insincere.

Inspirational quotes and dogs with hearts for eyes stickers being thrown at eachother when they would go as far as threatening to kick the other ones head to yet another third party.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
“Fabulous night with fabulous company”

It is in most cases a lie and all very pretentious when people write this.

I used to go to a hub for ex addicts, there was a specific tier of us, who were doing voluntary mentoring. Usually only people that had something to prove to the world would be on this - someone who needed to evident changes to see their children or to finish probation for example. The group hated eachother, they were the most bitchiest group of grown men and women I had ever come across in my life. Smaller groups within the group were never formed either for this reason, it just seemed to always remain a big cluster of 25 sneaky backstabbers, who would all call eachother out of ear shot . There were always these trips where you were obliged to go, such as Lake District, Snowden or a local musical arts museum for the day. The clusteral brown nosing days would always end with photographs posed with their hands wedged up eachothers arses, grinning ear to ear always...

"Living my best life, fabulous time with fabulous people".

These people all bleeping hated eachother, but would always be slithering in and out of eachothers arseholes on the comments things such as ...

One woman will be called beautiful by another on and she would always respond "coming from you! X". Despite slagging eachother off in other peoples inboxes. All so insincere.

Inspirational quotes and dogs with hearts for eyes stickers being thrown at eachother when they would go as far as threatening to kick the other ones head to yet another third party.
You've just perfectly described one of the thousands of reasons I hate Facebook/Instagram

• Heart
Reactions: 4
"your gal" &"your boiii" when referring to yourself doing something, e.g. "your boiii has just been to McDonalds" = "I have been to McDonalds".

• Sick
Reactions: 1
You've just perfectly described one of the thousands of reasons I hate Facebook/Instagram
It honestly would be vomit inducing.

This particular group of people who I happened to have the misfortune to be involved with were also terrible for "all being in it together", "like one big family" and the odes about mental health and their kettles always being full. They were the most miserable group of fuckers going, until any phones were pointing in their direction then theyd all be arm in arm, baring their tit eating grins at it. And Mental health pah! Dont get me started the main culprits who would post such lovely doveys from this ex addicts group couldnt be more further from compassionate and quite frankly the sorts of people who I'd suggest anyone avoid pouring their hearts out to.

Reactions: 1
When someone says “I feel like...“ instead of just saying “I think”

Is it intentional because they literally don’t think?

Also, janar ar meen. Anyone outside of Essex it’s ‘do you know what I mean?’ And still likely unnecessary in the sentence.

Reactions: 3
Oooft this could take a while.

1. Holibobs
2. ‘Sleeps’ to refer to how many days it is until an event. Over the age of 10, you should not be saying that.
3. Referring to dead animals as being ‘over the rainbow bridge.’
4. ‘Heavenly birthdays’ to describe a dead persons birthday.
5. Any government buzzwords or expressions: ‘Turkeys voting for Christmas.’ ‘The new normal’ ‘Unprecedented.’ ‘Stay alert.’
6. ‘Boy done good’. He’s not a f*cking boy most of the time.
7. Cool beans - it’s just weird.
8. ‘Just me and my kids this year.’ Haha. No Becky, I give you til February.
9. ‘RIP’ ‘GBNF’ - you care so much that you can’t be arsed to type it out in full.
10. Last but by far the worst: ‘Thoughts and prayers.’ They literally do NOTHING. If you can’t think of anything to say, say nothing at all!

Think I got a bit triggered then 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Americanisms.

Specifically, British people who say y’all and pronounce Ts as Ds - liddle instead of little, beaudiful instead of beautiful etc :sick:.

Reactions: 8
Pop as in pop it on the table. It’s so juvenile.

Pissed when used in the American way to mean angry. Hearing it more and more lately and it’s so annoying, pissed means drunk!

Reactions: 4
Pop as in pop it on the table. It’s so juvenile.

Pissed when used in the American way to mean angry. Hearing it more and more lately and it’s so annoying, pissed means drunk!
But what about pissed off? I'm sure i have heard that phrase used my whole life

Back in the early 90s if someone told me they were pissed off my stock answer was “better than being pissed on”... I was bleeping hilarious :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
“I’m shook”

Do you mean you’re shaken? Shocked? What does this mean.🤦‍♀️
I used to use it as a teenager, it is scared. Usually out of the blue by something. I got embarrassed out of ever using the word because some of my older relatives started breaking out into Elvis Presley impressionations if they heard me say it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
‘Fry off’ - loads of slimming instagrammers say it and it winds me up inexplicably. Just say ‘fry’!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.