Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously. When used in team meetings by everyone when you go 'round the table' to do individual updates. You could do a drinking game for it! It's also worse when you find yourself slipping one in your own update and hate yourself for it. "Yeah, so um my update is... obviously there are emails still pending and obviously we want to get those done before the deadline. Obviously we need those cleared by Friday before we do XYX"

Reactions: 2
Oh I love this thread lol!

Brought instead of bought
Then instead of than
Elite
Top tier
Toxic

I could go on all night 😂

Reactions: 6
probably be said before but “hubby” “the boyf” and “we did a thing”

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Soul mate
My rock
My world
What goes around comes around
It is what it is
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
Swings and roundabouts
Not my cup of tea
Avo(as in avocado)
OH M G
hubby

-I’m sure there is loads loads more that annoy me and as soon as someone says it I will want to punch them in the face but it’s 3 am right now so they’re all I can’t think of 😂

Reactions: 6
“Now, more than ever,”

duck off. I never want to hear it again and it should be banned from all advertising.

Reactions: 9
i never liked the word "perhaps"...dont know why but i cringe if anyone says it:oops:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve already mentioned this but I just had to come here and vent because I’m seeing it more and more on this site 🤯🤯🤯

He done this
I seen this
I aren’t doing it
He has went

Arrghhhh it makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love this thread! I want to vomit whenever I hear/see the following:-

HUN
This one
Fambo
Famalam
Bud
Family time
Making memories
Date night
Little man
Princess
Incorrect/over use of literally, amazing, obsessed
Should of instead of should have etc...
Pupper instead of puppy
People saying ‘SO‘ at the beginning of everything
The boy did good
Love you millions (millions of what?!)
🤢🤢🤢

Grrr I just hate people 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 14
110% ... a million percent etc... really gets on my last nerve 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Using bipolar to describe someone with mood swings or being two faced.

In fact all misuse of mental health conditions like OCD and anxiety. I've even heard Autism abused.

Reactions: 10
Using bipolar to describe someone with mood swings or being two faced.

In fact all misuse of mental health conditions like OCD and anxiety. I've even heard Autism abused.
I had a aquintance who said I wish I could be anorexic for a few weeks to lose weight I thought in my head wtf .You can't dip in and out of it on a whim 😠

It is what it is
My mum uses this I feel my hackles rising like a rabid dog everytime she uses it just feels so lazy and unoriginal

I used to say that's how the land lies, quite a bit. My wife's nephew was 4 years old and he thought deeply about it, but still had no idea what we were talking about. One day he asked me Uncle what land and where does it lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I agree with so many of these 🤣 Mine are

I know, right - drives me up the wall!
Starting posts with 'When' eg When you're so thirsty you just need a cuppa, with picture of said cuppa to prove their thirst 🙄
Defiantly instead of definitely
Where I live people too often write Are instead of I. I think it's an accent thing although accents aren't too strong here but too many people do it for it to be coincidence
One from work that drives me crazy is people writing 'rest bite' instead of 'respite'. Do they not wonder what the hell a rest from a bite is?! Also how can you research if a family qualify for respite if you can't even get the word right?!

• Haha
I agree with so many of these 🤣 Mine are

I know, right - drives me up the wall!
Starting posts with 'When' eg When you're so thirsty you just need a cuppa, with picture of said cuppa to prove their thirst 🙄
Defiantly instead of definitely
Where I live people too often write Are instead of I. I think it's an accent thing although accents aren't too strong here but too many people do it for it to be coincidence
One from work that drives me crazy is people writing 'rest bite' instead of 'respite'. Do they not wonder what the hell a rest from a bite is?! Also how can you research if a family qualify for respite if you can't even get the word right?!
YES to the rest bite!! 🤣🤣 drives me nuts and takes all of my professionalism not to reply IT'S RESPITE FFS!

Anything linked to Sharona (Corona) such as new normal (bereavement term meaning permanent so no), social distancing, whatever government headline they're spouting now lol

“On route” instead of “en route”.
If you can’t spell, why not just say “on my way” 🤬

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.