Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned, but I absolutely hate, “can I get” for example in a sandwich shop someone says can I get a beef & onion, no you bleeping can’t, the lady behind the counter will get it. . . you can HAVE it!!! 😤😤

When people say draw instead of drawer ...... I don’t know why it winds me up so much 😆

Maybe it’s the assumption that things are spelt exactly the way they pronounce it in their own accent ??? but it enrages me every time 😂
This!!!! ⬆ boils my piss!! 🤯

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
'Blessed' or 'feeling blessed' 🤮
'A bit of me'
Hubby/hubster

As I saw someone mention upthread being referred to as 'my lovely' someone at work does it all the time on texts/email and it just makes me think of Gollum saying 'my precious' in Lord of the Rings 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
'Blessed' or 'feeling blessed' 🤮
'A bit of me'
Hubby/hubster

As I saw someone mention upthread being referred to as 'my lovely' someone at work does it all the time on texts/email and it just makes me think of Gollum saying 'my precious' in Lord of the Rings 😂
Oh my - hubby and wifey make me cringe 😬 and most relationship ‘pet’ names too! Doesn’t take much to keep it to themselves lol 😆

Reactions: 5
Smallies (refering to children)
Tween
People who type anal instead of and all! Aloud instead of allowed

• Haha
Fab! 😂 I don’t why that little word bugs me so much but it does. I think it’s because I see it loads on Facebook?

Reactions: 2
'Performative'

it is now being used as a stick to beat people with if influencers think other influencers are not doing enough/saying enough.

Disclaimer: yes a lot of influencers HAVE been performative rather than genuinely sincere in the past few weeks but what is becoming very tiresome is seeing other influencers making out other peers are performative... How about sort yourself out and stop virtue signalling.

Reactions: 3
the overuse of the word "like". It's crazy how much its said amongst young adults, you'll notice it if you look out for it. I am so guilty of it too.

Like sometimes i will like start a sentence with it and there's no need

And youll be like..why?

Then i was like...cos i genuinely can't stop

Aaaaah

• Haha
Ending an email with "BW".

THEY'RE NOT YOUR "BEST WISHES" IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TYPE OUT THE FULL WORDS, ARE THEY?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When people ask to borrow something that I'm not going to get back. "Can I borrow some gum". No you can't, you can have it, definitely don't want that back.

When you're crying and someone thinks it's really useful to respond with "don't cry". Oh don't cry, got it, I'm all better now! 🙄

Im not sure why it annoys me so much but the word random. "That's so random"

When people say "I could care less" instead of couldn't.

Preggers/Preggo

When people post a status saying how terrible their day has been, or something similar, then saying they don't want to talk about it when people ask. Why bring it up then?? There's inevitably someone who comments saying that they've DM'd them. Also pointless!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.