Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t use the ellipsis correctly once in my post (so none of them are technically ellipses). I don’t necessarily agree that people writing, by any means, is beneficial. I really don’t remember seeing as poor grammar as in the past 5 years or so. I’m early 30s so it’s not generations away from me. IMO a lot of people feel validated in their errors and low standards, and it has normalised in certain pockets of society. It’s en par with people not being able to count up in their heads and not able to tell the time on an analogue clock, both which are realities in under 20s in particular nowadays unfortunately. It’s not about people having genuine issues or making mistakes, it’s about these low standards becoming “the new normal”, along with all the infuriating statements < see what I did there 🤪😏👆🏼
Well Herbert thats life the times they are a changin mate and nowt you can do about it so move on.

Best you don't read these articles, you'll have nightmares

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Apologies if it's been said but "self-care". I'd never heard this term before lockdown, and when I did first hear it I assumed it referred to taking care of oneself sexually. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I thought that too but a few people have insisted ‘no it’s should OF’ and they carry on saying it’s a regional accent, what a bizarre theory. I understand some accents say ‘me’ when they mean ‘my’ but they know the correct spelling is my. Even one girl I know says and writes ‘praptice’ for practise/practice and she honestly think it is pronounced with a p!
I have to admit I do say things incorrectly because of where I’m from e.g. them instead of those, me instead of my, but I know what the correct words are when I write them! The ‘should of’ thing makes me rageeeeee 🤬

Reactions: 2
‘I’m gonna go psycho’

So annoying. Even worse when people can’t spell and put ‘physco’ 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just heard someone say it and it reminded me of one of my big bug bears - 9pm at night, or 4am in the morning —why??? One or the other, but not both!!!

Reactions: 4
Reaching out! You don’t hear it so much here but it’s catching on, very popular in the US!

As in ‘such a person has reached out and invited us over for dinner’

or on an email ‘thanks for reaching out...’

Urgh!!! It creeps me out and makes me want to say I’m not a charity case, I don’t want to be part of your reaching out program 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Reaching out! You don’t hear it so much here but it’s catching on, very popular in the US!

Urgh!!! It creeps me out and makes me want to say I’m not a charity case, I don’t want to be part of your reaching out program 😂
My work use this alot and it's annoying :mad:

Reactions: 4

I really hate this. I see it often in newspaper reports "we reached out to xxxx for a comment". About as annoying as "gotten" and "can I get...?"

Reactions: 3
I really hate this. I see it often in newspaper reports "we reached out to xxxx for a comment". About as annoying as "gotten" and "can I get...?"
I can't stand 'can I get...' either in a bar/restaurant for example. It's 'can I have' or preferably 'please may I have'!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
adulting 🤮

influencers seem to love this one.

also hate these new phrases like “body count” (To me this refers to serial killers right???? since when did it mean how many people you’ve slept with?

and “fit”? Just say outfit ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.