Popsy clothing cult #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do any of them?

I have to be honest, I've lurked on this group for a few days and I've yet to see a Popsy look good on anyone.
No most of them don’t. There are a few they do look good on, the cruise lady was one. I’m not one for telling people what they can wear but honestly some really don’t suit, and then the popsy massive tell them they look amazing.
imagine going out thinking you look incredible but in reality you don’t

Reactions: 9
I can't get Timberley out of my head whenever I see him now.
My work here is done.

Honestly that man makes the barest minimum effort at womaning and spends his days being told he's the fairest of them all. By actual women. S'fucked up.
---
No most of them don’t. There are a few they do look good on, the cruise lady was one. I’m not one for telling people what they can wear but honestly some really don’t suit, and then the popsy massive tell them they look amazing.
imagine going out thinking you look incredible but in reality you don’t
I hate it when someone posts, clearly knows its not working and asks for opinions. And rather than say actually that doesn't work for you/suit your figure/your colouring or any other of the billion other gentle ways to say that's a hard nope. They all fall over themselves to offer the most insincere flattery they can. That's just mean. Why would you do that to someone who clearly wants help? I'll call it Popslighting. To fit in.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Why do some many of them tit around getting them shortened/the sleeves turned into cap sleeves/taken in? Just buy a dress that is the style you actually want and actually fits.

Do any of them?

I have to be honest, I've lurked on this group for a few days and I've yet to see a Popsy look good on anyone.
Some of the older ladies in the group look quite nice in them. Although they tend to be the ones who buy the right size, brush their hair and style them nicely. They don’t bung on some grotty DMs and tit box hair dye and call it qUiRkY.

This is really mean of me and I am sorry … but today I saw a picture of Mater from Cars and his teeth reminded me of the oversharers gummy smile 😔😫😳

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why do some many of them tit around getting them shortened/the sleeves turned into cap sleeves/taken in? Just buy a dress that is the style you actually want and actually fits.

Some of the older ladies in the group look quite nice in them. Although they tend to be the ones who buy the right size, brush their hair and style them nicely. They don’t bung on some grotty DMs and tit box hair dye and call it qUiRkY.
I raised this question to the lunatic I work with. she was aghast that I would suggest just buying a dress you bleeping like in the first place. Aghast.
---
I saw a Popsy in the wild tonight 👀 it was all stretched and you could see the white.
Did you shout ‘popsy in the wild duck off you smelly baggage’

• Haha
Wtf is a popsydent, it sounds like farting in public and following through.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sure they’re hairy as well
They’re not…!

Okay. I think I’ve mentioned before I’m friends with Timara and I kicked off a bit of a row in the last thread. I will not deny that Timara is a wee bit eccentric. However- Timara also has autism, ADHD and Tourette’s and some of the behaviours on display are down to that. I think I’ve mentioned before take the Mickey out of Popsy all you like (don’t bother me- I would be inclined to agree) but it’s not cool to slate someone’s actions that they cannot help because of a disability. Having spent time in Timara’s company (and as an ex mental health nurse I’ve seen all kinds in my time) the neurodiversity issues are extremely crystal clear. Looking at some posts of Timara’s as well now I can see how that comes across as well.

Timara is aware that people take the piss, I think a lot of trans people do as my other trans friend is the same. But my other trans friend is an ex squaddie with arms like brick outhouses and just fights anyone who pisses them off 😂Timara also says that the reason for some of the things you see is because of medical issues at play, Timara also struggles with ME, as do I, and I know on bad days I’m physically unable to make any kind of effort. Granted, in Timara’s case there’s a certain kind of look at play, but all I’m saying is if one day (I’ve seen posts referring to this) she might be perceived as making no effort or something, that could be why.

Timara is very Marmite- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There are times as a friend I think Jeez where is the off switch with this one!! I can see why people would laugh or point the finger.

However….

ripping it out of someone because they have a disability which causes them to behave in a certain manner is a bit out of order. Granted- no-one knows this as I don’t believe it’s been mentioned it on the group although Timara is pretty open about it, but please bear this in mind. Also, I know people are going to say I have/I know people who have this that and the other and don’t behave like that etc… but that’s the whole point with neurodivergence- one size doesn’t fit all. I’m neurodivergent myself but in a totally different way. I know I’m weird 😂it’s no insult to be told that.

If Timara was just an oddball I would say okay, Timara is a weird oddball. While it’s never nice to have a bunch of people slagging you off, you could probably do something about it. But when there’s neurodivergence issues at play, it’s a bit different. I’m not defending Timara because of being a friend, I’m defending Timara because I know what it’s like to have people rip it out of you because you’ve got a disability (I have alopecia and I have no hair and the amount of times I’ve been in tears because of horrid comments) I will not lie, there has been times that Timara has posted a pic and I’ve thought ohhh okay, maybe not. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. But some of the comments on here are a bit unfair and below the belt.

I’ve commented before when someone was laughing at someone being overwhelmed or something and when I pointed out said poster had a mental health condition that caused her to feel that way, the person apologised so I know that there are reasonable people on this thread. I am not in the Popsy group anymore so I don’t know (and frankly don’t really care) what’s being said on there. I think the whole thing is frankly ridiculous! (And even the Popsy diehards agree about the notebooks btw- they’re a crap idea)

I know one of the rules on here is don’t tell people what to post, so I’m not, and at the end of the day I don’t really care what people think of Timara. Like I said, each to their own. Timara I believe thinks along the same lines. Whilst I’m not going along the whole ‘be kind’ thing I am going to say please bear in mind that not everything is cut and dried as you think it might be.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They’re not…!

Okay. I think I’ve mentioned before I’m friends with Timara and I kicked off a bit of a row in the last thread. I will not deny that Timara is a wee bit eccentric. However- Timara also has autism, ADHD and Tourette’s and some of the behaviours on display are down to that. I think I’ve mentioned before take the Mickey out of Popsy all you like (don’t bother me- I would be inclined to agree) but it’s not cool to slate someone’s actions that they cannot help because of a disability. Having spent time in Timara’s company (and as an ex mental health nurse I’ve seen all kinds in my time) the neurodiversity issues are extremely crystal clear. Looking at some posts of Timara’s as well now I can see how that comes across as well.

Timara is aware that people take the piss, I think a lot of trans people do as my other trans friend is the same. But my other trans friend is an ex squaddie with arms like brick outhouses and just fights anyone who pisses them off 😂Timara also says that the reason for some of the things you see is because of medical issues at play, Timara also struggles with ME, as do I, and I know on bad days I’m physically unable to make any kind of effort. Granted, in Timara’s case there’s a certain kind of look at play, but all I’m saying is if one day (I’ve seen posts referring to this) she might be perceived as making no effort or something, that could be why.

Timara is very Marmite- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There are times as a friend I think Jeez where is the off switch with this one!! I can see why people would laugh or point the finger.

However….

ripping it out of someone because they have a disability which causes them to behave in a certain manner is a bit out of order. Granted- no-one knows this as I don’t believe it’s been mentioned it on the group although Timara is pretty open about it, but please bear this in mind. Also, I know people are going to say I have/I know people who have this that and the other and don’t behave like that etc… but that’s the whole point with neurodivergence- one size doesn’t fit all. I’m neurodivergent myself but in a totally different way. I know I’m weird 😂it’s no insult to be told that.

If Timara was just an oddball I would say okay, Timara is a weird oddball. While it’s never nice to have a bunch of people slagging you off, you could probably do something about it. But when there’s neurodivergence issues at play, it’s a bit different. I’m not defending Timara because of being a friend, I’m defending Timara because I know what it’s like to have people rip it out of you because you’ve got a disability (I have alopecia and I have no hair and the amount of times I’ve been in tears because of horrid comments) I will not lie, there has been times that Timara has posted a pic and I’ve thought ohhh okay, maybe not. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. But some of the comments on here are a bit unfair and below the belt.

I’ve commented before when someone was laughing at someone being overwhelmed or something and when I pointed out said poster had a mental health condition that caused her to feel that way, the person apologised so I know that there are reasonable people on this thread. I am not in the Popsy group anymore so I don’t know (and frankly don’t really care) what’s being said on there. I think the whole thing is frankly ridiculous! (And even the Popsy diehards agree about the notebooks btw- they’re a crap idea)

I know one of the rules on here is don’t tell people what to post, so I’m not, and at the end of the day I don’t really care what people think of Timara. Like I said, each to their own. Timara I believe thinks along the same lines. Whilst I’m not going along the whole ‘be kind’ thing I am going to say please bear in mind that not everything is cut and dried as you think it might be.
Yawn....noone is talking about the way Tim acts, or their eccentricities. We're talking about these men claiming to be women, when all Tim appears to have done is put a dress on, like that's what defines a woman. Then for some bizarre reason lots of women rally around and tell him "she's a beautiful woman, with better legs than me hun! ❤" I rarely wear make up, my hair is back in a messy bun most days but I'm woman because of biology, not because I stuck a ridiculous dress on.

Thankfully most of us here recognise the nonsense that is many of these trans individuals. While there are genuine cases, many are not and unfortunately such a group just enables these people. As it does many actual women who should be told the truth eg your dress looks like crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Respectfully I think you should tap out of the thread as that essay you wrote appears to imply it’s affecting you rather negatively. I merely stated hairy legs, and at no point mocked anyones disability , you made all that up yourself . Really that frocks and friends group is the perfect place for you, everyone there is permanently offended as well

Reactions: 27
They’re not…!

However….

Absolutely no one has said anything about any disability- the first person to mention that is you.

The point we are making is that the people that idolise Timara for being an amazing woman when all they’ve done is put a dress on. He is therefore a man in a dress. Wearing dresses does not define someone’s sex.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
And pirate hat wearing wanker could have myriad issues, we can still call out the twattiness that caused her to a- wear a pirate hat and b- why no one said to her ‘you’ve left that crappy hat on’.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Haven't been here for a while.... So bloody pleased we are now on a second thread!
Last bits interesting, I think my issue is that so many on that site have a diagnosis or 'something' that 'is' used to slam anyone who doesn't agree with something or is used to get attention.
I completely agree with inclusion but Popsy enables these to grab the attention and gives a false idea on reality...that they can't get it in real life then rely on it... Some have done it for years like gummy who move from group to group, until it implodes.

Reactions: 7
Yeah having disabilities doesn't mean you can larp as a woman (badly) and not get called out.
If anything Tim is one of the more eloquent posters in there. Still not a beautiful woman though, just a bloke in a sweaty dress.
Noone has mocked him for anything but that.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.