Popsy clothing cult #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't know Tim was actually trans so I'll avoid using "he". It doesn't wash with me that a transwoman has to be feminine - that's essentially saying a woman has to wear makeup and get her hair done to be a woman, and it's not the 1950s. Though I am still creeped out by them talking about the underpops - there is no way they are getting thigh chafage so why wear them? Is it to belong to the weird cult of frumpery?

I will say, Timara is an incredibly talented organist. But they do look 100% shite in their outfits, like many of the group members.

Reactions: 9
They’re not…!

Okay. I think I’ve mentioned before I’m friends with Timara and I kicked off a bit of a row in the last thread. I will not deny that Timara is a wee bit eccentric. However- Timara also has autism, ADHD and Tourette’s and some of the behaviours on display are down to that. I think I’ve mentioned before take the Mickey out of Popsy all you like (don’t bother me- I would be inclined to agree) but it’s not cool to slate someone’s actions that they cannot help because of a disability. Having spent time in Timara’s company (and as an ex mental health nurse I’ve seen all kinds in my time) the neurodiversity issues are extremely crystal clear. Looking at some posts of Timara’s as well now I can see how that comes across as well.

Timara is aware that people take the piss, I think a lot of trans people do as my other trans friend is the same. But my other trans friend is an ex squaddie with arms like brick outhouses and just fights anyone who pisses them off 😂Timara also says that the reason for some of the things you see is because of medical issues at play, Timara also struggles with ME, as do I, and I know on bad days I’m physically unable to make any kind of effort. Granted, in Timara’s case there’s a certain kind of look at play, but all I’m saying is if one day (I’ve seen posts referring to this) she might be perceived as making no effort or something, that could be why.

Timara is very Marmite- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There are times as a friend I think Jeez where is the off switch with this one!! I can see why people would laugh or point the finger.

However….

ripping it out of someone because they have a disability which causes them to behave in a certain manner is a bit out of order. Granted- no-one knows this as I don’t believe it’s been mentioned it on the group although Timara is pretty open about it, but please bear this in mind. Also, I know people are going to say I have/I know people who have this that and the other and don’t behave like that etc… but that’s the whole point with neurodivergence- one size doesn’t fit all. I’m neurodivergent myself but in a totally different way. I know I’m weird 😂it’s no insult to be told that.

If Timara was just an oddball I would say okay, Timara is a weird oddball. While it’s never nice to have a bunch of people slagging you off, you could probably do something about it. But when there’s neurodivergence issues at play, it’s a bit different. I’m not defending Timara because of being a friend, I’m defending Timara because I know what it’s like to have people rip it out of you because you’ve got a disability (I have alopecia and I have no hair and the amount of times I’ve been in tears because of horrid comments) I will not lie, there has been times that Timara has posted a pic and I’ve thought ohhh okay, maybe not. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. But some of the comments on here are a bit unfair and below the belt.

I’ve commented before when someone was laughing at someone being overwhelmed or something and when I pointed out said poster had a mental health condition that caused her to feel that way, the person apologised so I know that there are reasonable people on this thread. I am not in the Popsy group anymore so I don’t know (and frankly don’t really care) what’s being said on there. I think the whole thing is frankly ridiculous! (And even the Popsy diehards agree about the notebooks btw- they’re a crap idea)

I know one of the rules on here is don’t tell people what to post, so I’m not, and at the end of the day I don’t really care what people think of Timara. Like I said, each to their own. Timara I believe thinks along the same lines. Whilst I’m not going along the whole ‘be kind’ thing I am going to say please bear in mind that not everything is cut and dried as you think it might be.
“ripping it out of someone because they have a disability which causes them to behave in a certain manner is a bit out of order”

I’m sorry but I simply do not accept this. Nothing we have said about Timara has ever even come close to this. I personally take issue with men cosplaying as women and then biological women fawning all over them. Same as if the dude who likes to wank off to women in tights was autistic, I still will call it out. I think you need to reconsider what has actually been said about Timara, it is purely about appearances and actually not about behaviour at all??? I’m puzzled as to what behaviour you refer to. Unless the behaviour is wearing walking boots with a cheap polyester dress, which last time I checked wasn’t a diagnostic criterion for ASD
---
I didn't know Tim was actually trans. It doesn't wash with me that a transwoman has to be feminine - that's essentially saying a woman has to wear makeup and get her hair done to be a woman, and it's not the 1950s. Though I am still creeped out by them talking about the underpops - there is no way they are getting thigh chafage so why wear them? Is it to belong to the weird cult of frumpery?

I will say, Timara is an incredibly talented organist. But they do look 100% shite in their outfits.
You didn’t know Timara was trans? Do you have eyes? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
They could be "a man in a dress" as many here said. Men can wear dresses and not be trans. 🤷‍♀️
He frequently wears rainbows and mentioned Pride, changed his name from Timothy to Timara and recently bought the trans flag Vans. Dude feels like a lady.

ETA also moaned about being misgendered by a stall holder at a market

Reactions: 4
Some men definitely do get thigh chafing though.
Yeah, by that I meant Timara has very skinny legs. I said the same about not understanding why some of the slim popsy women wear chub rub shorts. I'm a size 8 and I've never had thigh chafing so I perhaps wrongly assumed it just happens with bigger thighs!
---
He frequently wears rainbows and mentioned Pride, changed his name from Timothy to Timara and recently bought the trans flag Vans. Dude feels like a lady.

ETA also moaned about being misgendered by a stall holder at a market
Fair enough, I've not been in the group long enough to see any of that.

Last edited:
It doesn't wash with me that a transwoman has to be feminine - that's essentially saying a woman has to wear makeup and get her hair done to be a woman, and it's not the 1950s.
Oh of course not. But the reality of the situation is that when a woman throws on a dress, some comfy shoes and scrapes her hair back in a ponytail there's no way she has hundreds of people lining up to tell her she looks amazing and people are jealous of her effortless beauty.

Timara is doing it for attention - which just highlights to me how much of a woman he isn't. It's very male behaviour.

Reactions: 23
Oh of course not. But the reality of the situation is that when a woman throws on a dress, some comfy shoes and scrapes her hair back in a ponytail there's no way she has hundreds of people lining up to tell her she looks amazing and people are jealous of her effortless beauty.
I totally get this but I'm not sure the Popsy cult is a good example of this as there are plenty of women on there with shite hair, ugly shoes and looking like they could do with a wash also getting loads of comments being told they look amazing when they really don't. I haven't noticed but Timara really get any more attention than any of the others?

Reactions: 1
Miss attention seeker with her kids could have a diagnosis of something but still don’t share every minute of your kids day.
I totally get this but I'm not sure the Popsy cult is a good example of this as there are plenty of women on there with shite hair, ugly shoes and looking like they could do with a wash also getting loads of comments being told they look amazing when they really don't. I haven't noticed but Timara really get any more attention than any of the others?

We’ve mentioned already in the threads about a lot of posts being the same. Timara isn’t the only one.
There is a general thing across the whole group of people too busy ‘being kind’ that they lose the ability to tell the truth.

Reactions: 9
Most of the unflattering popsy posts (in my mind , I know this is a personal observation) get 10-40 likes on average like Gummy McOversharer. Timaras posts are always over 100, sometimes nearly 400. Although he had a very coherent grasp of the English language and often writes something somewhat interesting unlike Gummy.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Most of the unflattering popsy posts (in my mind , I know this is a personal observation) get 10-40 likes on average like Gummy McOversharer. Timaras posts are always over 100, sometimes nearly 400. Although he had a very coherent grasp of the English language and often writes something somewhat interesting unlike Gummy.
Daaaaamn, that is a huge difference. I can see why it riles people then!

Definitely noticed it elsewhere - there was a group created during lockdown sharing fashion with themes and some of the regular posters were men with men's names who didn't want to be women but wanted to parade around in horribly dated dresses with bad wigs and terribly applied makeup. They looked like budget ugly sisters in a Wetherspoons panto. Everyone was falling over themselves to say how lovely they looked because apparently it's more important to be seen as accepting than it is to tell the truth.

Reactions: 8
I'm surprised there aren't any Popsy woolly hats or gloves being sold alongside the cardigans!

If they do end up launching... I'll accept all royalties x

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Attempting to moderate, tone policing, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
Of course, these men make minimal effort. Good old Tim literally just puts a dress on and dyed his hair.
what do you expect her to do? do you think less of biological woman who don't make an effort in their appearances?!

honestly i think the constant slagging off of timara is awful. no she doesn't look particularly feminine. and maybe that's why people fawn over her - because they want to boost her self esteem. and that's nice! it is absolutely awful being trans right now (as the vast majority of people in this thread are demonstrating why).

it's not like timara is that weird fetish guy who posts photos of his legs, she's just trying to live her life.

I have pointed out above that me styling my hair or wearing makeup doesn't make me a woman, it's my biology that does. Timara is a man who decided that wearing a dress makes them a woman.

Let's be honest, and most of us on here believe this despite the loud voices these days, that a woman is someone who is born a woman.

As for what Tim and others do, it feels to me like cosplay. They're playing at being a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
what do you expect her to do? do you think less of biological woman who don't make an effort in their appearances?!

honestly i think the constant slagging off of timara is awful. no she doesn't look particularly feminine. and maybe that's why people fawn over her - because they want to boost her self esteem. and that's nice! it is absolutely awful being trans right now (as the vast majority of people in this thread are demonstrating why).

it's not like timara is that weird fetish guy who posts photos of his legs, she's just trying to live her life.
But he's trying to live hs life by encroaching on rights that women have fought and fought and fought for. And he expects to just be handed them, and for women t sit back and be kind. duck that.

And the reason it's 'hard' for trans identified men right now is because they genuinely believe that their right to not feel sad trumps a womans right to safety. Because despite their dresses and their feelings trans women are men. And men as a group are the biggest threat to women and children there is.

You only have to look at the way they react to women not just sitting back and shutting up to see just how deep their feelings of entitlement run. And that's because they're men.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Moving on, the way these people say "spotty parcel day" sounds like it's a regular thing to get parcels of new tat from Popsy. How is anybody funding this or are they racking up Popsydebt?

Reactions: 6
Moving on, the way these people say "spotty parcel day" sounds like it's a regular thing to get parcels of new tat from Popsy. How is anybody funding this or are they racking up Popsydebt?
Imagine the poor bailiffs turning up at the house to collect their Popsy debt and just finding rack after rack of ugly dresses.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Demonstrating how awful it is to be trans. Where to we draw the line?
A born female that had had children, has periods, PMS, breasts, a vagina etc.
A person going through hormone therapy and any appropriate surgical treatments etc.
Someone wearing a dress (not necessarily Timara).

I wish Popsy would stop sending the dresses out in the spotty bags 😂 then we wouldn’t have the constant inane “ooooh spotty parcel day” posts 😂
Yeah the item you purchased online has arrived…..in a parcel bag!!! Do they get that worked up over every delivery they receive and take pics with their Amazon delivery boxes!!!

😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.