Poppy Adams #5 The vagina monologues

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The likes of too good to go & olio are about reducing food waste. They aren't really marketed as any kind of charitable/food poverty helping operation. Albeit they may help people in need, the priority is reducing the food waste. The big companies are that tight they would rather try and get a couple of pounds (in the case of too good to go) for a few bags of groceries than give the stuff away/bin it. And remember thats after they have spent all day trying to convince someone to buy it at a lower price with the yellow stickers.

I'm more judging her for buying it when she says she can only eat a really small amount because of her surgery.
That’s fair!

Reactions: 3
So, my friend told me about too good to go a while ago, and I got excited about it but then talked myself out of using it because surely, me and all my privilege, I’d be taking that away from someone whose struggling and could really make that sort of thing last. Am I being an arse? I just feel like Poppy clearly comes from money and she spends like no-one I’ve ever seen, she can afford whatever she wants. Why potentially take away something that could genuinely help other people :( it’s 100% a good thing as waste food in this country is a nightmare, maybe I’m just being too sensitive or critical here but it’s honestly made me a bit mad :(
I’m conflicted on this when it comes to Poppy due to her food obsession and the gluttony of her entire family. But generally 2GTG isn’t for people in crisis / poverty, it’s to reduce waste. So if people have the means (money + the app) to use it, then that makes sense to me that anyone can use it, regardless of their financial circumstances.
But Poppy just can’t seem to see anything go past her, food wise. They probably don’t need all that food for 3 people so it’s just another example of their excessive ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I used to really like her but she’s so annoying!! Completely gluttonous and just humble brags all the time. She’s a pretty girl but she constantly acts like she has a lot to prove. And what was the point of this WLS if you are not actually dieting?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So, my friend told me about too good to go a while ago, and I got excited about it but then talked myself out of using it because surely, me and all my privilege, I’d be taking that away from someone whose struggling and could really make that sort of thing last. Am I being an arse? I just feel like Poppy clearly comes from money and she spends like no-one I’ve ever seen, she can afford whatever she wants. Why potentially take away something that could genuinely help other people :( it’s 100% a good thing as waste food in this country is a nightmare, maybe I’m just being too sensitive or critical here but it’s honestly made me a bit mad :(
It's about reducing food waste which to be honest still happens hugely as not many people use these apps. Companies aren't actually allowed legally to give away food past sell by dates so I imagine so much is just thrown away. I don't begrudge anyone using it. If clothes companies had a sale on, I wouldn't expect them to only allow people with less money to buy the clothes.

Reactions: 7
The likes of too good to go & olio are about reducing food waste. They aren't really marketed as any kind of charitable/food poverty helping operation. Albeit they may help people in need, the priority is reducing the food waste. The big companies are that tight they would rather try and get a couple of pounds (in the case of too good to go) for a few bags of groceries than give the stuff away/bin it. And remember thats after they have spent all day trying to convince someone to buy it at a lower price with the yellow stickers.

I'm more judging her for buying it when she says she can only eat a really small amount because of her surgery.
Spot on- I used to work for m&s about 4 years ago and the amount of stuff we used to bin at the end of the night was awful. I’m sure it’s the same with other supermarkets. Apparently there was some sort of rule preventing them from just giving it away/donating it due to potential food spoilage making people ill and insurance etc but if people buy it then it’s a way around it

Reactions: 2
I used to really like her but she’s so annoying!! Completely gluttonous and just humble brags all the time. She’s a pretty girl but she constantly acts like she has a lot to prove. And what was the point of this WLS if you are not actually dieting?
To begin Poppy seemed to lose weight slowly, at least in the pictures and reels she posted it wasn’t that noticeable. You can now see how much smaller her face and shoulders are, so she has to be eating less for that to happen.
I think Poppy has been eating differently, maybe not salads all the time but she has definitely lost weight. Some people who have WLS find it difficult to change their ways so still eat the naughty food but in a much smaller portion. Poppy would be very unwell if she was overdoing the sugar, physically her body couldn’t take it and she seems well to me.

I thought she looked nice in the recent pics. Her tummy doesn’t look great in those jeans but I can see the weight loss.
Completely agree and I would guess her stomach will not disappear without surgery to remove it but many of us carry weight there so she isn’t alone in that. Definitely noticeably smaller in the last month or so.

Reactions: 4
I would love Mac to sue her for libel, but I doubt that would ever happen. She has just said that Mac test on animals, which surprised me, anyway a quick Google says that they don't test on animals. I'd have thought she'd get things like that right.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
This expensive foundation that she’s raving about... got to say I think it’s got a bit of an orange tinge to it! 😂 🍊

I’ve been desperate to get the Good Apple foundation! Good make up is one thing I don’t have an issue spending money on. But I’ve heard that after a few hours it sinks too deep into your skin 😒

I would love Mac to sue her for libel, but I doubt that would ever happen. She has just said that Mac test on animals, which surprised me, anyway a quick Google says that they don't test on animals. I'd have thought she'd get things like that right.
Mac is owned by Estée Lauder, whose animal testing policy is not to test on animals unless required by law. But because MAC is sold in China, where animal testing is required, MAC isn’t a cruelty-free company.

Reactions: 14
I completely disagree. She really pisses me off. She is lazy...but seems to be able to buy everything she wants. I am perplexed as to how she does it. Her voice irritates me and she is far from the pretty tree of life in more ways than one. She shows no sense of holding back, in that shows no concern for others who are struggling particularly at this time. People are struggling Big time and all she does at gloat at her buys and gifts. It seriously is very selfish of her. She hasn’t had a partner in her life for long enough and she wonders why...my goodness she loves herself and of only she could see what we all see

Reactions: 6
I wish she'd clean those bleeding white trainers she insists on wearing in her outfit posts 😫🤣

Oiled up joint of gammon with disco fanny 🤢🤢🤢

I think she just whacks everything on a credit card for her splurges, she’s got no income unless she’s claiming job seekers allowance but let’s be honest she’s got no intention of getting off her colossal sized arse and working for a living... I’m still going with she’s on only fans flogging pics of herself to feeders for £10 a month!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Oiled up joint of gammon with disco fanny 🤢🤢🤢

I think she just whacks everything on a credit card for her splurges, she’s got no income unless she’s claiming job seekers allowance but let’s be honest she’s got no intention of getting off her colossal sized arse and working for a living... I’m still going with she’s on only fans flogging pics of herself to feeders for £10 a month!
She just couldn’t do a days work! I would put money on it!

Reactions: 1
She’s held down a long term job before - prior to moving to Edinburgh she was gainfully employed! Also she definitely makes enough from insta to live off of.

She’s held down a long term job before - prior to moving to Edinburgh she was gainfully employed! Also she definitely makes enough from insta to live off of.
Bit that was working with her mum, so I guess that's how she got the job and stayed in it, plus I'm sure she said her mum was in charge, was probably an easy ride. She couldn't hold down the one job she got in Edinburgh.

Bit that was working with her mum, so I guess that's how she got the job and stayed in it, plus I'm sure she said her mum was in charge, was probably an easy ride. She couldn't hold down the one job she got in Edinburgh.
What was her job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.