Poppy Adams #4 A boyfriend brother and a droopy purple tit, honestly you couldn't make up this

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s good she filmed it. It’s not like you can see her cervix... she’s just lying down. It normalises it for anyone that hasn’t had one or for anyone putting it off due to fear. Seeing the process can put someone’s nerves at ease - I’m a very visual person, so seeing the process really helps!

Even if one person books theirs after seeing her video, then that’s worthwhile content in my eyes 👍🏻
Completely agree. It reminded me that I need to book mine. And when I do, I’ll tell my friends I did (not accompanied with a video...) in the hope it will remind and prompt them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yikes. Personally, I like to let people do what they want with their own bodies without passing comment.
Harsh much..... I think it's ok to point out that smears are preventative especially when folk seem confused about their purpose and are talking about them determining they are seriously ill. Smears don't normally determine your seriously ill... sadly the death of Jade Goody probably led to that misconception but thankfully for the vast majority they lead to treatment that prevents serious illness.

It's OK for folk to explain the difference rather than just leaving them to be incorrect 'because its their body '. Correcting misinformation is a wee bit more than passing comment

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think it’s good to raise awareness but probably not so great to include the nurse saying how much hers hurt

Reactions: 3
That whole video was quite pointless with the nurse admitting that hers hurt, also don’t be fooled, poppy isn’t doing this to help people she’s doing it for engagement and for people to share her video and comment. The more likes and shares and comments she gets will bring the followers in.

Reactions: 5
That whole video was quite pointless with the nurse admitting that hers hurt, also don’t be fooled, poppy isn’t doing this to help people she’s doing it for engagement and for people to share her video and comment. The more likes and shares and comments she gets will bring the followers in.
Totally agree, it makes her look good and if lots of influencer share it, I guess she'll get more followers. I skipped through the smear stories and I just thought this is to make her look good, like she's Saint Poppy.

She called her brother 'loverrrrrrr'

She's definitely reading here. Hi Poppy hun 👋

Also, the smear thing wasn't to be magnanimous and saintly about womens health. It was for the likes and shares. She'd kick a kitten down the street if it got her more free tit. If she cared so much about health, she wouldn't flout the bastard rules all the time.

twit.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I think it’s good to raise awareness but probably not so great to include the nurse saying how much hers hurt
I've had painful smears before. I think that's down to numerous factors though, like me not being relaxed or the nurse being a bit heavy handed! I also think it's good to normalise that they can be a bit painful, otherwise women may feel there's something wrong if it hurts and others have told them it doesn't hurt.
The slight pain and discomfort is definitely worth it though to check everything's ok.

Are those smear tests always done by a nurse, at hospital or a clinic in the UK?
Here you just go to your regular gynecologist or even your general practitioner if he does the gynecological option. It's a very simple act.

Poppy probably does it to get views and followers but still, it's useful this time at least.

Reactions: 2
Are those smear tests always done by a nurse, at hospital or a clinic in the UK?
Here you just go to your regular gynecologist or even your general practitioner if he does the gynecological option. It's a very simple act.

Poppy probably does it to get views and followers but still, it's useful this time at least.
I’ve always had mine done by a nurse, and friends and family members have too. So I think it’s standard ☺

Reactions: 2
Thats what I meant with my earlier comment, it just seemed like a pointless venture to lament about how unpainful it was and then have the nurse say hers was. Which leads me to believe it's not necessarily about raising awareness but more for engagement.

Without being rude and I hope no one takes offence but if a D GRADE Instagrammer is what pushes you to have a pap smear then you really need to look at your life. You should want to have a PM for yourself, for your family, for your friends - for your LIFE - not because miss poppy ‘I’m going to pretend to care about my health now’ Adams says so. I’ve always find it extremely odd when people follow the advice of an influencer?

Thats what I meant with my earlier comment, it just seemed like a pointless venture to lament about how unpainful it was and then have the nurse say hers was. Which leads me to believe it's not necessarily about raising awareness but more for engagement.
I don’t think she ever said that the point of the video was to show it wasn’t painful, it was to show how quick and straight forward the process was. It’s completely normal for some women to experience some pain during their smears, but the point is that its just a couple of moments of discomfort that could literally save someone’s life. Yes she probably did it to raise awareness AND for more engagement, but if it helps some people, then that’s great.

Without being rude and I hope no one takes offence but if a D GRADE Instagrammer is what pushes you to have a pap smear then you really need to look at your life. You should want to have a PM for yourself, for your family, for your friends - for your LIFE - not because miss poppy ‘I’m going to pretend to care about my health now’ Adams says so. I’ve always find it extremely odd when people follow the advice of an influencer?
I get where you are coming from and do agree. I do think she's done it for engagement. However, for some reason, a lot of people look up to these influencers, so I guess if someone books a smear because of her having had hers done, then that's a good thing. I have to admit that I started having smears due to Jade Goody, as I'd never taken them seriously before and that made me realise why you should have them done.

Jade goodys story was so tragic and something that will bother me for the rest of my life is WHY she ignored the fourth letter to have more abnormal cells burnt off. I understand she had already been through it three times previously but I always wonder if that’s why it all spread so quick. Anyway all this talk of PM is quite triggering and upsetting In a way isn’t jt

Reactions: 4
I'm 27 and still haven't had my first smear and I doubt I ever will. But good for her for showing the importance! For me though, it's not the thought of embarrassment it's the thought of bad results. I have always said if I was seriously ill I don't want to know about it. I wouldn't want treatment or anything. Personal choice but that's my thoughts.
I am a similar age to you and went for a very long long overdue first smear test and they detected abnormalities. Those abnormalities led to me having to have very early stage cancer cells removed from my cervix. The first treatment was unsuccessfu, and in between my first and second treatment, I was very ill.

finally I had my smear a few weeks ago and I’m all clear. Please go for your test.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am a similar age to you and went for a very long long overdue first smear test and they detected abnormalities. Those abnormalities led to me having to have very early stage cancer cells removed from my cervix. The first treatment was unsuccessfu, and in between my first and second treatment, I was very ill.

finally I had my smear a few weeks ago and I’m all clear. Please go for your test.
I'm glad you're all clear now, it makes you realise how important it is to have a smear test.

As much as I dislike Poppy, I think anything that gets people talking about the importance of smear tests is a good thing

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t think she ever said that the point of the video was to show it wasn’t painful, it was to show how quick and straight forward the process was. It’s completely normal for some women to experience some pain during their smears, but the point is that its just a couple of moments of discomfort that could literally save someone’s life. Yes she probably did it to raise awareness AND for more engagement, but if it helps some people, then that’s great.
I'm almost certain that the day before she was saying she was going to film it to show how it wasn't painful. I think I'm being a salty witch about it to be honest, because I totally agree I'd rather one person get one done than not and end up like Jade Goody. I'm being salty because my smears hurt like a motherfucker!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.