Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OhhBacon

VIP Member
What I find most concerning about Polly's half-assed apology is I don't think she realised/expected it to be this bad? Like how she expects she can keep making a profit off everyone and donating a % to charity and just having some time off like it's all going to blow over. The fact she doesn't realise quite how serious and disturbing her comments were does make she think she hasn't really changed at all. I felt genuinely sick and shaken after reading what she wrote and I've never felt like that before from tweets/posts

Her products are like paperchase if it was aimed at teenagers honestly nothing special in the grand scheme of the industry
I really don't think her mum going off on one on twitter helped either. It really showed that she was sorry she'd been caught rather than sorry for what she said.

Her mum's lack of awareness about how insulting to everyone those tweets are is staggering. She seems to think it was a phase that other folks went through too...when really it wasn't, it was a constant stream of horrific content that her daughter was responsible for.

Reactions: 25

powerflower

She says that if the roles were reversed, what she would do is reach out and start a conversation, but she is contradicting that by deleting comments that don't agree with her, or that criticise the apology.

She says that she changed in the past 6 or 7 years but some of the tweets that were found were more recent than this.

The only thing that has changed here is her awareness that right wing beliefs are to be kept secret or its bad for business. She may not use slurs in public any more but she sure will continue going hunting with her family. She probably doesn't think this needs to be addressed because no people were directly impacted by it, not the way the slurs affected a huge number of people.

hhheyyyy

The people viciously defending her on Twitter are obviously her relatives, there’s absolutely no way anyone else cares enough to make a private account to fight her corner

LividLalji

VIP Member
Hey long time lurker here, driven to posting because I just cannot believe the things I’ve read.

I’ll be honest, before all this hit the fan, I felt that a lot of the comments were quite harsh and I used to read here and think about sending them to Polly (never did though thankfully…)

But Jesus. I never would’ve in a million years expected this from her, despite the massive Tory vibes which I’ve always agreed with

I do agree the apology doesn’t go far enough, and that she should post on Sighh to give customers the whole picture as well as a grid post on her personal. I just don’t see how she’ll get out of this?

I don’t want to seem like I’m excusing her behaviour but a part of me is worried it’ll end up like a Caroline Flack situation if her whole business and life falls apart - is there like a rehab for racism that people can go to to get back on track lmao?
Why would you want to send her the comments on here lmao

laurafray91

is this her “soft launch” back on to social media? You can’t just cry mental health and hope that’s the end of it.
Especially when there’s actual people severely struggling with their mental health daily, it’s offensive for her to use that card imo

I reckon she will start chatting again on Instagram in a few months, talking about how nervous she has been to come back online, the big steps she’s taking with her therapist etc, basically just keeping the narrative that she’s the victim of bullies who have picked on her. And all those white girls who never thought she did anything wrong anyway will be DMing her telling her how brave she is 🤢

hhheyyyy

What’s a wild start to 2022 she’s had though. I take some comfort in knowing karma has been dealt slightly and she’ll realise she’s not invincible. Even if it does ‘blow over’ with her core customer base, she’s lost a lot of long term friends, business partners, and mutuals. Bridges have definitely been burnt. Hopefully she’ll learn from this and become a better person

Last edited:

BroccoliBanana

If she really was sorry, we wouldn't have got her life story. That is irrelevant. This isn't a chat show, hun x

scoobie

VIP Member
I'm still so pissed about this donating a percentage of her profits thing. To me it shows she completely underestimates what she's done. At the same time as she apologised for brazenly using the word n**ro multiple times 🤯 she's also assumed she's still going to be making profits to donate!

• Heart

BillieR

Chatty Member
this this this. The sheer arrogance of her to say in her apology she’s ‘struggling to remember’ having these views when they were clearly a core part of her personality for YEARS and YEARS. No chance. She should’ve removed these things sooner
I'm only on page 23 but had to stop to reply to this.

There is no way she wouldn't remember.
I can't forget some of the things I said when I was young that were absolutely nowhere near the level of Polly's tweets. E.g. using the word "gay" as an insult. As a child I remember hearing the word "m*ng" everywhere at school, using it at home once and my dad telling me what it meant and that I shouldn't say it. I was so young, maybe 6 but I vividly remember the sinking feeling of shame and regret. Sitting by listening to racist jokes at school and not always speaking up. I can't forget them

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
She should be aiming her anger at Polly not gossip sites. She's also painting herself as a victim.
Well she kind of is a victim here. She wasn’t racist or bigoted but her career has been affected by the actions of her boss, and the idea of her staying in that job afterwards was completely untenable. Beth did nothing wrong.

snarkvark

VIP Member
That family are definitely the type who think anyone can have anything they want if they just work hard enough. I doubt Polly has any understanding of how privileged she is for doing what she does. I bet Polly thinks she worked sooooooo hard to achieve what she achieved.

Reactions: 24

user797818

Capture.PNG

Makes you wonder what Polly said in the response that's made this person decide not to share it. Glad she's fully refunding her stockists, mind.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
It blows my mind anyone thinks someone other than Polly is responsible for whatever consequences she faces now