Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lolgal

Morgan has posted - she’s stopped quite short of condemning Polly. Also what does she mean “randomly invited to her birthday”… well you must have invited her ? Hardly random.
‘Sent me a gift when I was attacked’ just screams Ooooh look, Polly is a really good person deep down, underneath the racism, xenophobia, rape jokes, paedophile sympathising.

Reactions: 27

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
It’s fair enough if you don’t like her, but commenting on someone’s weight, past or present, doesn’t make sense when we’re all angry at Polly for being fatphobic x
I’m stating a fact? She gained a lot of weight so stopped doing fitness content…that’s not fatphobic.

Reactions: 26

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
Her apology is lacklustre and such a cop out. The fact it’s on a private page and not addressing everyone says it all, as well as on her main business account. I honestly think if she was genuine she’d make a video discussing it properly and apologising on both platforms. But no, I hope her business fails. I have not been able to get the R tweet about making herself feel better out of my head it makes me so sick

• Sad
I can’t believe she hasn’t addressed it on Sighh yet, it’s so unprofessional to ignore it, whilst comments are limited and the shop is still open

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
There's absolutely no way she's going to close Sighh. Firstly, she has her awful mother in her ear telling her she did nothing wrong and it's 10 years ago and how dare the big mean baddies online care about something she wrote as a teenager. Secondly, Jess Rose waited it out and now her business is flourishing again. She is very obviously hoping that if she waits a bit it will all die down, I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to just never address it again

• Angry

MrsRose69

(This is long, but please read this. Just a warning of how this could play out and not to fall for any threats and mind games directed at tattle users exposing racism. Also I’m frustrated as to why some influencers get let off easy while others are not - any insight into this would be helpful).

I can’t believe the traction this is getting compared to ImJesRose on insta (formerly LoftNQ) who runs JesRoseVinyl. Jes said similar things but she was in her 20s! And she tweeted them only 5/6 years ago!

Many similarities between her and Polly. They both have very successful small businesses, are tories, made racist, homophobic, fatphobic, anti-Asian tweets. Like Polly, Jes put her personal insta account to private, deleted Twitter, deleted and limited comments, blocked customers who asked her about it etc.

She took forever to apologise (and only did so on her newly-privated personal account, not her biz account, and the apology is now deleted!) and when she did apologise, she downplayed it all and said if anyone mentions it again, they are getting blocked.

Her mum and sister were backing her up on socials and threatening tattle users with court action. A couple of tattlers didn’t cover their tracks properly by quoting on tattle what comments they’d left on her insta, so Jes knew who they were and coerced (blackmailed) them via insta DM to make a public apology on the tattle thread, otherwise Jes would tell their employers they were cyber bullying her. One of the people who was blackmailed into apologising was a POC who had been upset by her racism. Another was a mum scared of losing her job who was suffering from depression. Jes even went as far as hiring a private investigator to dox tattle users. Obviously nothing came of that, because tattle wouldn’t release user info. As a result of the legal threats, coerced apologies, and fear, her tattle thread died.

Now, despite Jes having a huge personal and business insta following, her tattle maybe only had 20 regular posters, a few of which commented on her Instagram about her racist tweets. No other businesses/influencers called her out publicly or unfollowed her, so apart from a few people calling her out on her Instagram, nothing really happened and she still has a large following which is much larger than Polly’s and gets pr gifts from major brands and small businesses. She doesn’t appear to have learned anything, nor has she been proactive about showing her following she has learned anything or changed.

I think her insta followers were also too scared to say anything because Jes said that the ‘bullying’ was affecting her mental health. What about the mental health of the minority groups she was tweeting about?

I can’t help wondering…where was this energy for her? Or maybe her followers (including other influencers like Leanne Lim Walker, Interior Curve, Around Robyn, Megan Ellaby and many small businesses and big brands like Made.com & Joanie Clothing) simply don’t care that they are supporting & promoting someone so unrepentantly problematic, as long as they get to look at cute photos in their feed, or it makes them money in the long run?

• Wow
it's a really difficult one. if it was me and I was in the same position, I couldn't just leave - not to be a dick but I need to eat, pay bills etc. I'd probably get saving and more importantly start looking for other jobs. I don't think I could stay forever, but let's not forget that bills cannot be paid by principles. for sure I'd be job hunting though.
This. Not everyone has the privilege of leaving their jobs right away. I'd want to leave but wouldn't be able to afford to until I managed to line up another job. I also wonder how much this will affect Polly's sales which could effect the pay to her employees. I for sure wouldn't stay but as I said I'd apply elsewhere until I found another job.

jj_finally

Can't wait for the release of a "learn and grow" gratitude journal or some BS
Looking forward to the new "using racial slurs is never ok even if your mental health is not great hehe" range of notepads!

Apology is a joke but seeing the reaction of her family so far I kind of feel like she never stood a chance, clearly money doesn't buy class

• Haha

gossboss14

VIP Member
Yes Sabira!! 👏👏👏
Idk how I feel about this statement tbh. Not naming the brand to deter her followers from buying from Sighh is wrong imo. Also it is not a witch-hunt, it’s not cancel culture, it’s purely holding somebody accountable for their (awful) actions. From what I’ve seen, nobody is saying or doing anything outside of sharing what Polly has said and how they feel about it. I have far more respect for the influencers and business owners who are naming her so that people actually know to avoid her.

Albi

VIP Member
I couldn’t give a shit how many apologies she puts out, or how heartfelt and meaningful they were (spoiler alert- they’re not). The fact that she, and her disgusting family still go out ripping defenceless animals apart makes them fucking scum! Maybe this should be brought up more, because that for one hasn’t changed. How many of her supporters would support her fox hunting and whatever else they kill for fun? 😡

gossboss14

VIP Member
What do you think she does every day? Surely she’s had to move the business out of the studio by now and back into her house. She can’t be getting enough orders to be busy and as far as we know, she’s not doing anything else, so what do you actually think she does all day?
Writes her racist thoughts down in the diaries she can’t shift x

• Haha

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Without a doubt she will hold some bitterness towards those that outed her on here and continue to hold her accountable on Twitter etc. It’s clear from her mums tweets and Polly’s apology that she’s not sorry. I bet it’s killing her not being able to post every little detail of her life on social media
I reckon she’s just started a new private account with an obscure name and a hiddden profile pic. She won’t not be posting I’m sure.