Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maxxxxx

thats me unfollowed. was sticking around to see what she would do, if this is it, im out!

Reactions: 24
Eee might get slaughtered for this but I’m starting to agree…I feel like she really deserves the backlash, and strongly think that anyone who doesn’t want to work with her anymore or support her business is more than entitled to do so. At the same time it must be so so awful to see everyone turning against you so publicly no matter how deserved it is, some of the friends I feel it’s quite performative as there’s no way they didn’t know this about her before so it seems like rats leaving the ship kind of thing. Especially if her boyfriend has dumped her over it too and she has anxiety/MH problems. Idk it’s tough because there should be consequences of course, and I’m really not in any way excusing what she’s done. Not sure what the answer is but that’s the end of my tiny shred of empathy for her anyway, she was big enough to post that awful stuff 10 years ago so hopefully she’s big enough to deal with the consequences now
I have to agree with everything you've said I can imagine it is quite isolating. However I am also not aware of anyone going out of their way to send any sort of abuse/threats/"witch hunt" (hate that term) and I haven't seen anyone say anything even half as bad as what she said about so many minorities so I think that is probably where my empathy ends. I think she needs a long hard look in the mirror and to completely take herself off social media indefinitely. I am not sure what that would mean for her shop

Albi

VIP Member
How would someone confront her with this? Like genuinely, pop her a DM and be like 'hey do u still think like this?'. Considering the fact that she instantly deleted her Twitter and has been going though IG getting rid of old posts, it doesn't exactly seem like she'd take any accountablity for old posts. She hasn't even posted on her business account to apologise and made her personal apology from behind a private account.

People use the word 'cancel culture' to discredit genuine issues in the same way 'social justice warrior' was used in the earlier 2010s. I do agree that cancel culture can go too far but this isn't the case here, it's someone who made over 100 gross conments whilst mature enough to run a business by herself. Even if she has learnt and developed since then, she hasn't provided proof of that in a meaningful way and has even tried to write off past actions in her blog posts and stuff, showing she is aware of that behaviour without offering an apology until it threatens her livelihood.

Long post but this reply rubbed me up the wrong way.
If the person who found the tweets messaged Polly and alerted her to them, then what? She deletes all the tweets, says she’s not that person now, end of story? No one else would know what a racist bitch they were supporting/following. Because she certainly wouldn’t have issued an apology about it.

hhheyyyy

Yeah, for me she’s always given me bad vibes, I’ve always thought she seemed like a bit of a Dickhead but couldn’t put my finger on why apart from her overly privileged posh girl attitude, so seeing these tweets of hers kind of just validated everything I thought about her before. I have no interest in ‘forgiving’ her or ever following her or her business again, and that’s ok, people shouldn’t have to forgive influencers for things they’ve said, even if it was years ago. TW: Rape “When I’m feeling down I read about cases of rape online and feel better coz that didn’t happen to me” honestly, a big go fuck yourself to ANYONE who’s EVER said that no matter their age :) x

just to add
I think if she wants to carry on after this, and show people she’s actually changed and sorry, she needs to address it on her business account, and turn her comments back on. Silencing people who are hurt by her words just shows she’s trying to save her own skin, hoping a big % of her sighh audience won’t see the truth. If she let people say their piece and then acknowledged everyone’s hurt on the Sighh account, people may then be more likely to give her another chance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
If I were Polly (and I would never be so vile) I would be asking my mum to stop tweeting or delete her account all together. She’s adding fuel to the fire! I’d be mortified

gossboss14

VIP Member
The account exposing Polly on Twitter posted a couple of tweets from Gabby’s brother (one was about something racist Gabby had said to him) and now he’s deleted his Twitter account (Gabby probably asked him to). For people that work in social media, they sure are naive to think that deleting an account will make this situation go away…

• Haha
View attachment 963616
Looool someone please make it stop. Also the original tweet is from 16 hours ago so Natasha is obviously actively looking for beef

edit: ‘that isn’t who she is NOW’ - implying that’s who she was back in the day?
I understand wanting to defend your child (I'm a mom to a much younger child) but her mom definitely is not helping. It's making Polly's apology not look sincere. Also the things Polly posted is something that is taught. Whether that came from her mom or elsewhere 🤷. My child goes to a school that is predominantly a different race than what my said child is. Said child has never once said anything hateful because that's not what I am teaching them. (Non gendered pronouns for privacy.) The most my child has ever said is noticing hair or skin is different and then I explain why that's okay.

Polly learned the racism and hate from somewhere. Defending it doesn't help, apologizing with accountability and her mom is tearing any hope of that to shreds. Kind of seems like apple doesn't fall far from the tree here...

I've exchanged DMs with her over the years and shes always come across very blunt and like she thinks shes better than everyone else so the arrogance is no surprise

• Heart

ECH

VIP Member
I saw someone mention she’s been deleting posts from her personal Instagram but the posts from the Sighh account has also gone from 1,329 yesterday to 1,285 currently. Why would she need to delete posts from that account 😳
I think it might be her employees/people she's worked with asking her to take posts down to remove the association

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Has everyone seen this??? 😭 she’s actually gaslighting people now, so passive aggressive. She should’ve left out that entire first paragraph
So now she’s attributing her shitty behaviours to her being an ‘angry child’ even though a lot of this was in her late teens and early 20s. And suggesting that angry children might present as racist, bigoted individuals. Where does she get off?! I’m still following so I can see the drama but I am now going to unfollow. She’s despicable.

melodic

I would hand over all my socials in a heartbeat, I've never said shit like that. Similar age to Polly too. I hate when people try to do the whole 'we've all done this' ... um? No? We haven't? [See attached image for a reply]

This is the worst part imo. How can you really be sorry?

She's not sorry she said all of that, she's sorry she got caught.
Yeah, I'm really tired of this narrative that being racist or homophobic etc is just part of "growing up" or the "should've known better" stage that every teenage white person goes through.:rolleyes:

She's definitely not sorry, but I said in another post, people are able to make decisions about what businesses they support with the info they have and unfortunately, there's always racists, homophobes etc so they can be her new target market. She'd probably prefer that, at least she'll have a loyal customer base. 🤢

Reactions: 23

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I can see her being quiet for a good month, especially on her personal. I think slowly she’ll start posting on sighh again but I think she’ll definitely show her face a lot less on there now
Wonder how she will cope without over sharing to 39k people! Who will she tell that she has waxed her arsehole ?

• Haha

lira

VIP Member
I imagine a lot of people are still following because she's kept her account private and they want to see what she does next. It's clear at this point she's not going to post anything directly on Sighh. I wouldn't be surprised if she keeps her account private because a part of her knows it's a way to keep her followers.

cass87

Interesting to see the last of Polly's school friendship group singer Annabel Allum is still following her. I definitely don't think they move in the same circles any more but would he interesting to see if she follows Oliver cat and beths suit
CW Racist Language
I think Annabel may have been the person who Polly was playing this offensive drinking game with in 2013
22657728-05B6-4603-AB62-C02144283EB4.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry

Ugholhere

VIP Member
Long-time lurker on Tattle generally, first time poster on this thread - this is just a big spill out of my thoughts because I am not being productive at work and I need to get some headspace back. This whole thing has literally given me a migraine as I feel so guilty.

There's no doubt that this needs addressing on the Sighh account. Over the space of just over a year I've spent over a hundred pounds on stuff from there and I just feel completely physically sick about it now. I also still have a pending order - if I didn't know what was going on with her right now I'd probably be looking at the socials wondering why the heck the comments were turned off, I'd be angrily emailing wanting an update... but now I'm just wanting her to cancel all the orders honestly.

I also have a real problem with the number of times she's referred to Sighh as a "feminist business" or used feminist themes on collections... does she not realise that feminism is an intrinsically left-wing ideology and does not even begin to combine with right-wing views?

I feel really bad for the women who work for her, they may end up bearing the brunt of the incoming downturn of the business... She shouldn't be donating a percentage of her "profits", she should be donating a percentage of her personal salary that she pays herself.

I feel like such a mug, I've got some of her prints in my office next to prints from genuine feminist, inclusive businesses...
You or anyone else that has bought stuff from her in the past have done nothing wrong at all. ❤ If you feel you need to throw the stuff away, do that. But don’t blame yourself for something she did.

• Heart

cass87

Going back to what I previously said regarding her public Twitter account being in the public domain and one she uses in relation to her influencing and business, I am stunned that she didn't evaluate her online presence back in 2020 when the BLM movement really took off with influencers and small businesses.

Majority of people I know, took the opportunity in June 2020 to reflect, listen and learn on issues regarding race and white privilege. She must have been aware of BLM and also aware of her own 'short-comings.' I don't understand how you can write down all that hate speech on your public account and then simply forget about it, especially as social justice issues with race and sexism are so prevalent on social media. Those views really must be deeply entrenched in her up-bringing.

• Heart