Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
This is the worst type of reasoning 😂 sorry apology.
It’s not even written by her
It’s also a lot of I was young/I can change …why are you announcing all of this crap? Too little too late IMO. It seems hollow af.
The arrogance that she thinks her business will continue lol

Reactions: 30

georgiecait

VIP Member
I'm not surprised Beth has unfollowed as she's gay and must be horrified by Polly's homophobic remarks.
I've bought the odd item from Polly, only followed on insta (for quite a few years) and always knew there was something not quite right about her. Just generally quite weird (fashion, what she said on stories, oversharing). Makes sense now!

I'm from the same area as her and I'd be mortified if I was likened to her. As @maydaydreaming said in the previous thread, she does not represent a whole town/county!
I've never seen an influencer fall this hard. The sheer amount of examples you guys have found is mad. Not one, not 5 but in the hundreds of vile social media posts.
I for one believe that she should be cancelled and she deserves it. This sort of behaviour is rooted in her and no amount of charity donations or books by POC can undo it. Her stories are to deflect the bad PR and protect her pockets, don't believe it for a second.
Well done everyone for bringing her to justice.

kbjhguih

VIP Member
Her 'apology' is worded as if we discovered a couple of old tweets that say things that in this day and age would be considered wrong. But the absolutely vile onslaught of abuse to minority groups that she engaged in and contributed to OVER THE SPAN OF MULTIPLE YEARS is not creating drama.

Where has she shown growth and change since then?

All i see is white well off girlboss feminism on her page, and in her business.

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
I hope the Polly Exposed account can cope with all this, these weird defender of Polly people are like a dog with a bone now it seems. It’s starting to get weird. They don’t have a leg to stand on though, supporting a person who spat all the bad ‘ists’ and threatening the person going public with it? Nah, they’re a bunch of not rights. Why don’t you come on Tattle and have a chat, ‘Jamie’, if you think you’re hard enough?

gossboss14

VIP Member
I still can’t get my head around the wording of this.

You don’t need to remember, Polly. The screenshots are all there for you to read. The accounts would be too if YOU hadn’t deleted them. Taking time off isn’t going to help this, you’re just hoping that you will take enough time off for it all to be forgotten, but that won’t happen.

Attachments

• Heart
Gabby only follows 78 people and one of them is still Polly. She is always on her high horse on twitter acting self-righteous… I guess that stops at racism and more.

• Wow

snoopygirl

Sighh was on a pretty steady trajectory it seemed. If this hadn’t happened it might have grown even bigger and some of these women who were in on the ground floor could have had pretty high ranking roles. But even if someone was “just a packing girl” that’s still a job and being dismissive of it is very Tory-ish behaviour.

(P.S. I don’t post here much but I was the first one to say Polly gave Tory vibes in the first thread so you could say I have Tory radar lol)

• Haha

user797818

how hard would it be to donate a % of last year's sales? 10% or something split between a few charities. donating a percentage of future sales is such a cop out because it requires people to buy stuff from her and she'll make profit from those sales! unless she's donating 100% of the profit , it's a completely shit guesture that means nothing.
Because she doesn't have the money (or at least, isn't willing to spare it).

Sighh scaled a lot over the past year or so, with a lot of full-time, temporary and part-time staff being hired as well as big new product launches, renting a new studio and, uh, £400 bedsheets from Australia. Her racist tweets then came to light just as her new diaries were being shipped out, which resulted in plenty of cancellations as well as making it impossible for her to market them during a key time of the year ('new year, new me, new diary' etc). It also looks like she's lost most if not all of her staff, meaning she has to pay their final salaries soon without getting much of a revenue this month (which is always a low-revenue month for any sort of business thanks to Christmas burnout). And, crucially: 2020-21 tax payments are due very soon.

This isn't me defending her choice, by the way. I just reckon this shitty decision to donate future profits is a reflection of how badly her business is doing right now.

Last edited:

Lurker5053

Here we go! Comment are switched off though..
I really wanted this to be a good apology. I feel like stating that her focus was on the people around her made so much sense.
But what pisses me off here is the structure. It should be "apology apology apology I was a bad person apology apology please don't bring my staff or friends into this apology apology here is my future plan apology."
Instead, she's just saying the people who brought this to light are cruel for doing so? Blaming us for threatening her staff's livelihoods? Saying she was sad and that's an excuse? No actual sense of learning, just trying to show how great she is. It's bullshit.

wish this talk of “bullies” would stop. it’s not bullying to simply screenshot things that SHE said and try to hold her accountable for it. is anyone else shocked at the amount of supportive comments?!

Reactions: 29

Hally34

VIP Member
Anyone else finding these copy and paste statements from fellows creators and small business a bit off? Polly was clearly a very problematic person with a reputation in her circles for bullying and offensive views yet they were all happy to work with her until the shit hit the fan. How did it take this long for all these public awful posts to come to light too? Whilst there was money to be made turning a blind eye and all that 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
If you look at literally all of those weird 0 follower accounts set up to defend Polly the thing they have in common is that they kept going on about how the person on the exposed account is anonymous. They’re obviously her family desperate to know who’s running it, presumably so they can bully them off it or expose the tweeter themselves.

MrsRose69

polly's waiting it out, I think. hoping it will all blow over.
The annoying this is, it will blow over. Her business will be fine and she’ll continue to gain followers. The mass majority of people/consumers just don’t care! Think of the millions of people who continue to support big brands that use sweatshops, Jade Goody is now regarded a saint after the AWFUL things she said on television. People don’t care. We are in the minority.

• Sad

g.m.j

I won't lie, I very briefly hesitated to unfollow her when I realised her account was locked, but only because I wanted to keep snooping. Maybe some folks are still following solely out of morbid curiosity?
Ngl I’m still following her for that reason. Soon as she’s off private I’ll unfollow her - I just wanna see what’s going down

• Heart

hhheyyyy

Just read that Tab article, “The Tab has reached out to Polly for comment.” Hahahaha Christ imagine receiving that email on top of the shit storm she’s already dealing with

• Haha
  • Sad

LividLalji

VIP Member
It’s been five months and Polly the racist hasn’t shown a single penny of donations to charity to make reparations

RJF

VIP Member
Who dedicates an Instagram post to how their grown-up children tan?

Bizarre behaviour.

asheashe

I unfollowed her maybe even a year ago now due to a conversation I had with her that may be relevant in shining a light on who she is now. She posted something about poly relationships and about how she can’t imagine how they work so I sent her a reply, thinking she wanted to LEARN, about my own experience with poly relationships and she just replied with ‘haha still sounds weird could never be me’. Not necessarily a marginalised group or anywhere near as bad as the stuff that’s been uncovered as late but thought it definitely showcases how closed minded she continues to be even now.

Lurker5053

I agree. Also, I don't want to go OTT lawyer here but the criminal age of responsibility in this jurisdiction is 10 years old. If children of 10 can be held culpable for criminal behaviour then I'm really not clear on why Polly's mother or anyone else thinks saying 'oh well she was 14, she's changed' makes a blind bit of difference? Hate speech is a crime, blackmailing people is a crime, holding naked photos of other people without their consent and threatening them with the photos is a crime, I'm sure putting laxatives in someone's drink is some kind of assault...this goes so far beyond what we usually mean when we say 'things were different then' or 'something was more acceptable then' (although for the reasons I and others have pointed out I don't think that's true in this case anyway...)

I think there's also a problem that some people will blindly rage against 'cancel culture' before even looking at what it is that's happened. I can't remember which poster and it doesn't matter, but when the Elle Darby thing happened someone started yelling about how old tweets aren't important and it's pathetic to shut someone down for saying something like 'that's so gay'. Obviously, saying 'that's so gay' is not what Elle said, far from it. The point is people are so quick to defend people when something is old because of 'cancel culture' without even looking at what it is, and I don't understand that. Nobody can actually cancel Polly, and for that she should be grateful - she is self employed and won't lose her job. If people choose to no longer collaborate with her or buy her products because of her old posts that's her own fault, and they are perfectly within their rights to do that. That's not 'cancel culture'.
Bang on. If I had made tweets like that, I likely would be made to have a disciplinary meeting and maybe more. Those in regulated professions would be in serious trouble - a doctor would likely have an investigation opened into them and might face suspension. At the least, they'd have to show significant learning - not just 'keep buying my stuff and I'll donate some money!'. Influencers are only accountable to the public. Therefore, whilst some followers might think it is sad to dig up tweets, it is actually very necessary. It's much sadder to be so blinded by admiration for an influencer (who couldn't give two sh*ts about you) that you ignore a deeply troubling history of racism, xenophobia, homophobia, fat shaming, child and familial abuse and most all types of bigotry out there. Her mum shouldn't be defending her daughter against those holding her accountable - she should be taking a long hard look at herself and her values.

• Heart

gossboss14

VIP Member
The fact she’s not addressing this on the business side of things is unacceptable and proves that she has no remorse for her actions. If she truly cared about what she’s done she’d own up to EVERYBODY about it and not just the people on her private Insta where she didn’t even post a grid post just a story so most people wouldn’t have seen that anyway. She is disgusting and as expected is still only thinking of herself!