Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I noticed that she didn't actually say what she did, so people who follow sighh and had no idea about any of this still do not know of her hate speech about so many groups of people. The comments under the apology post on the sighh account are an interesting mix of 'this is a shit apology' and 'gossip forums are at fault'.

• Angry
Reactions: 36

gossboss14

VIP Member
I’m so angry. So so so angry. To put this down to being unhappy and lonely at that time is so fucked up. For 3 years I was in and out of an adolescent mental health ward because I was in a very dark place and couldn’t keep myself safe and not ONCE in any of the admissions did myself or any other patient spout anything even remotely close to the abuse and hatred that Polly did.

You can be angry at the universe for your situation and how you are feeling, that doesn’t justify targeting minority groups with derogatory bigoted vile remarks constantly for YEARS. Just fucking own it Polly. You said it, you did it, it’s out there. You weren’t some dumb kid you were an adult when you wrote some of those messages so stop trying to separate yourself from it.

Stop trying to shift the focus from what YOU did wrong and the victims of YOUR behaviour to the small group of people around you that are stressed. They aren’t stressed because of gossip forums and Twitter, they are stressed because of what YOU did. OWN IT. What has been said here to make them stressed? The truth? We have been supportive of your (ex?) employees. I made an order with one of their small businesses to show support. We have not been supportive of your mother mollycoddling you on Twitter by telling people you wrote the tweets 10 years ago, asking a woman who is dealing with her own struggles to help you (read the fucking room and don’t be so entitled) and downplaying exactly what was said. It’s disgusting.

You say you’ve changed- how can anyone know that? Because you don’t tweet that stuff anymore? You were tweeting it back then yet people on Instagram and your blog, had no idea that’s who you were. So why should anyone trust you now? Where is the evidence of your diversity and inclusivity within your business? Non existent, because yes you might not tweet those views out for the world to read anymore, but that doesn’t prove that you don’t THINK that way anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
I totally agree that it needs addressing on the Sighh account, but I also understand the hesitation. Her staff have access to the account and it may bring a stream of DMs and negative attention that they simply aren't trained to handle, which could be incredibly detrimental to their work and wellbeing when they're at no fault whatsoever. If it's ever addressed on Sighh, Polly needs to safely distance her staff from it all (which she already appears to have started doing by removing the Meet the Team section on her website).
Call me cynical, but I find it more likely that her staff have asked to be removed from the page, than Polly thinking of their well-being and removing them. With the kind of views that she has, she doesn’t strike me as the kind of person that would consider the well-being of her staff ahead of her own.

Reactions: 35

username anon

Sorry if this has been shared before, I haven’t seen it anywhere though, just found this! Highlighted imo the most laughable part
i went to school with Polly, she was one of those ‘I’m a bit alternative so that makes me better than you’ people. She wasn’t in the ‘popular’ gang but she was cool in her circles in the clever classes (I was a massive nerd and in all her classes). Never saw her bullying or being bullied but she was massively overconfident in a way where she seemed like she thought she was better than everyone else. I didn’t particularly dislike her, but none of what’s happened has surprised me. Definitely massive Tory energy…

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
this first comment is when she didn’t know the full story of what polly has actually said.. the second picture after finding out.. i wonder how many of these people defending her have actually seen the posts or just jumping to defend her because she has a following
I will never understand why some people are so quick to have such a loud opinion on something they haven't even looked at, it blows my mind tbh

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Tbh I wouldn’t even assume someone who makes an anonymous account like that would use a real email address with their actual name in? Like that seems pretty dumb to me, it’s probably a fake one?

Wickedtown

VIP Member
CA14BB4B-670C-4909-BB26-5779FA8B3E72.png

"only extremely toxic people would create all this scandal" babe polly created her own scandal, all we did was make people aware of it! The ONLY thing I agree with polly on is that her workers shouldn't have to suffer, but again, that's on you polly, not gossip forums or Twitter. You made your own bed, now lie in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

hellstrom

I’m late to all of this, but I went to college with Polly - her timelines don’t stack up, she says she was racist because she was sad (srsly what?) but changed when she started college - but a lot of her tweets are dated sept 2012 (start of college) onwards. I was so intimidated by her and she was real rude to me, I thought she was just posh/stuck up, didn’t realise she was a massive racist 🥴

• Wow

gossboss14

VIP Member
Or she’s trying to protect her employees from abuse?
I think this is most likely the reason why. Her employees have done nothing wrong and I wouldn’t want my name or photo showing up when people look into Polly and her business either.

hhheyyyy

A lot of people used that word back then not really knowing the true offensiveness behind it, it’s obviously not ok at all but I don’t hold Morgan’s tweets to the same level of Polly’s obvious deep rooted bigotry

Reactions: 33

lols84

Chatty Member
After the last few days, I actually think it’s incredibly insensitive to say these people just need a bit of education or for them to suggest that is part of what they are stepping away from social media to do. What is it you need educating on? Because surely, if you’re so sorry and know what you did was wrong… there’s nothing to learn? The weight of your actions and the hurt caused as a result is right in front of you, not in a text book or podcast. Just wanting to make a point that I feel “educating” is being used as a bit of a cop out because surely, at the age of 25, you don’t need to learn not to be racist, homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic and everything else, you just need to not do it. The lesson has been had. I don’t doubt there’s of course more to learn in the sense of what you can do to be a good ally but the basics of not being/doing/saying any of the above should not be a lesson you need to learn. If it is, you’re a lost cause. If what happened in 2020 wasn’t the final lesson, there’s no saving some people.

Apologies if this comes across snappy or out of order. These topics are very heavy and incredibly draining. It’s been a long few days! I will say, I do hope Polly has a strong support network around her to give her the tough loving she’ll need. I hope she isn’t being coddled and made to feel the victim because it would make her apologise less impactful.

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I hope nobody gets any hate working for her even if they stay, it's very easy to unfollow someone or not buy from them anymore but it's definitely not that easy to just quit your job and get another one. Sometimes doing that takes months and they might not be able to afford to run the risk. I would say any of her employees choosing for now to stay with her isn’t indicative of them condoning her behaviour at all. Must be an awful position to be in tbh