Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LividLalji

VIP Member
This is the thing, people above in this thread saying these small businesses shouldn’t post about it without a direct collaboration but if they don’t then people would think this. They can’t win 🙃 It’s a small community, I think they’re all just making their POV heard which is valid.
I definitely think if they’ve worked with Polly/stocked her they should address it to show they don’t want to be associated with it. I also think everyone should speak up if they can but they should name her rather than indirect posting about it as that doesn’t alert anyone. The problem I have now with a lot of the small businesses is that it feels disingenuous and bandwagoning as fuck

Reactions: 1

Albi

VIP Member
Yeah

I would be i interested to know if any of the influencers that have made similar statements to each other are under the same management companies
Usually has their management company in their bio doesn’t it?

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
I have a jumper with the same kind of vinyl and a really shitty washing machine that won’t do low temperature loads so most of the vinyl came off when washing. So you could try just washing them on a high heat and seeing what happens.
Thanks I’ll try that first then, it needs to be damp before I dye it anyway. Just hope it doesn’t shrink but if it does then 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not going to use it as it is so I may as well give your tips a try.

hhheyyyy

I've just looked at her personal insta. The only comments I can see on her latest ("apology") post are comments criticising her and her response to the situation. Most with hundreds of likes.

What's happened to all the supportive ones mentioned here? (Sorry I'm catching up after a week or so away from this thread). Do we think those people have googled and read what she actually said and deleted their own comments?
The ones supporting her are mainly on the Sighh page.

I definitely think if they’ve worked with Polly/stocked her they should address it to show they don’t want to be associated with it. I also think everyone should speak up if they can but they should name her rather than indirect posting about it as that doesn’t alert anyone. The problem I have now with a lot of the small businesses is that it feels disingenuous and bandwagoning as fuck
You’re right, I get that. Especially when they’re just wanting a retweet from the exposed account. I saw someone mention Annie D-S though, who’s an active member of the small business community so seems right she should have an opinion about a peer…

Lurker0999

I mean Polly never really seemed to ask if they wanted to be on her Instagram and would just film them when she wanted, so this seems more realistic for me
This is a bit of a reach, you don’t know their conversations you just see a snippet. She’s probably asked if they’re happy to be on insta

maxxxxx

her accounts to end of 2021 have been submitted and can be seen on companies house.
i dont really understand what they tell you 😅 but as someone mentioned above the really interesting ones will be filed next year, that will show the impact all this had on her business...

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Has Polly have any friends that are a minority? In the time I followed her it seemed a sea of white cis not-disabled girls that she hanged out with / employed. To be fair I don’t wish Polly as a friend on anybody especially a minority she’s been hateful about but seems like she’s continued to have bias towards those similar to herself even in recent years despite living in Manchester which is a hugely diverse multicultural city.
Well youll see that skenstudios specially put in her Insta story about being a friend of Polly’s as a ‘brown person’ - her words not mine