Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I buy most my jeans on Yours - just don't tumble dry them or they will fit a 4 year old 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I have some Asda ones that have an elastic waistband, they’re quite thin though and have faded really badly. Will have to see if my mum will take me to the big Asda as my local clothing department never seems to have much choice for jeans.

I like stretchy jeans, high waisted or mid rise. I’m not a jeans fan to be honest, but I look awful in skirts and it doesn’t feel warm enough to wear dresses lol.

I love M&S Sienna Straight Leg, which I know isn't what you asked for, but...they are available to buy in a physical shop definitely in a size 20, and cost abou £22, so my point being, check M&S.

Reactions: 3
I like Dorothy Perkins denim - sadly only online but their Eden skinny jeggings are thick, soft and come in a million colours.

if you get some and know your size, they also often come up new with tags on vinted, eBay etc for a steal.

Yours can be iffy on sizes i never know which size I need so I order 2 different sizes and send one back 🤣🤣
I totally get that I have same jeans in 2 colours and they are 2 different sizes- both same style and fit but they wash well and they are comfy so I don't mind

Do you any of you wear tights with trainers? I want to wear a dress tomorrow but it's too cold and wet not to wear tights, so I wondered if tights and trainers were a thing?

Reactions: 2
Do you any of you wear tights with trainers? I want to wear a dress tomorrow but it's too cold and wet not to wear tights, so I wondered if tights and trainers were a thing?
Yeah I definitely have done in the past and still would. Especially converse or vans, just make sure you check Poppy’s thread for what trainers look tit with dresses and tights 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Best place for leggings? I live in them, I've always used boohoo plus but the last 3 pairs I've had, the legs ride up my calves, despite me getting my usual size that fits perfectly!!

I might be looking for a unicorn here.

Don't like wearing dresses or skirts. I wore a dress during the heatwave last year for the first time in *years* and that was because it was going to hit 30C. Not keen on shorts but will consider. Need an elasticated band to control IBS issues. I'm a size 20, apple body shape that does not enjoy polyester materials.

What, pray tell, do I buy to wear during the summer months?

Don't like wearing dresses or skirts. I wore a dress during the heatwave last year for the first time in *years* and that was because it was going to hit 30C. Not keen on shorts but will consider. Need an elasticated band to control IBS issues. I'm a size 20, apple body shape that does not enjoy polyester materials.

In the summer, I live in wide legged cropped elasticated waist trousers (size 20 - 22 here). M and S are the best I have found because the fabric is quite robust and you don’t end up looking like a crumpled mess in 5 mins.

on top, a mix of

- loose t shirts, tucked in somewhere for a bit more shape
- linen knit T-shirts (H&M are good for these)
- wide cropped shirts - sometimes called ‘resort shirts’ (I have some from Monki and H&M). Sometime viscose or poly mix but because they are quite square cut, they don’t end up too sweaty iyswim
- muslin/cheesecloth floaty tops and tunics - from all over, including market stalls!

Good luck! It can be a nightmare, can’t it?

Similar to the poster above, but I like culottes in the summer. Got a couple of fab pairs from shein in a nice plisse material, but boohoo, Asda etc all have them in. Just make me feel a little more covered but not sweaty.

I'm going to say culottes. Simply Be usually have decent pairs in various prints.

I love my jersey trousers and have so many pairs- I’ve picked up a couple more pairs from Vinted.

I tend to wear oversized tshirts (with sleeves to hide the bingos) and cycle shorts. My style doesn't suit dresses, I cant explain it! I have short hair (a bit like P!nk), and dresses make me look a bit odd. I hate shorts but cycle shorts are lovely on the ode legs.

• Heart
I tend to wear oversized tshirts (with sleeves to hide the bingos) and cycle shorts. My style doesn't suit dresses, I cant explain it! I have short hair (a bit like P!nk), and dresses make me look a bit odd. I hate shorts but cycle shorts are lovely on the ode legs.
I like the look of oversized tshirts and cycling shorts, but even though I wear leggings I'm nervous to wear cycling shorts or any shorts. I'm also 42 so not sure if I'm too old for them.

Reactions: 3