Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks, it’s me that’s going, @Furnessian was replying to me, good to know what rides to avoid. I’ve not been since 2011 and we mainly went to universal and I was there. I’m going to buy some ponchos.
There's a Facebook group called "Disney parks for plus sized guests" any question or worry you may have will be answered on there.

Reactions: 1
You'll be fine on Flight of Passage at a UK 18/20.

So back to the topic, have you planned any Florida outfits yet?

Thanks, it’s me that’s going, @Furnessian was replying to me, good to know what rides to avoid. I’ve not been since 2011 and we mainly went to universal and I was there. I’m going to buy some ponchos.
Whoops, sorry 🙈 ahhh you will have a blast!
Me too re ponchos, need to find some that are plus size friendly, eBay can be so deceiving 🥴

My Shein dresses arrived, and 2 of the 3 are actually really nice...cheap fabric but look nice on, and will definitely be taken on holiday with me. The third is ok, just a weird hemline and probably not for me. The sizing is pretty ok, probably slightly on the big side, but I bought a size down as I'm strenuously dieting and they are all good.

Reactions: 4
My Shein dresses arrived, and 2 of the 3 are actually really nice...cheap fabric but look nice on, and will definitely be taken on holiday with me. The third is ok, just a weird hemline and probably not for me. The sizing is pretty ok, probably slightly on the big side, but I bought a size down as I'm strenuously dieting and they are all good.
I looked but just wasn't sure. It seems like everything is made of polyester. I keep umming and aahing

I looked but just wasn't sure. It seems like everything is made of polyester. I keep umming and aahing
Shein is worth a try. I've had some spectacular things from there that get so many compliments. I've also had stuff that looked like a glittery sack and would last 5 mins.

Reactions: 5
I’ve got a wedding to go to in 2 weeks so I ordered a SHEIN dress and some shoes a couple of weeks back and they came today. So happy with them! The dress fits so nice. Very happy

edit - oh also hi! I don’t think I’ve commented yet but been lurking for a bit. I’m a UK18-20. Was always between 10-14 all through my teens, 20s and into my 30s. Had a child age 33 and was a size 16 then the pandemic and lockdowns pushed me to a 20 and now I’m slowly trying to regain control but at 37 it’s not as easy as it once was so hover around 18/20 losing and gaining the same 5lbs

Reactions: 6
I did an order with boohoo yesterday. I've not ordered from them for 6 months and I forgot how bad their sizings were. One dress in a 20 was too tight and one in an 18 was too big. I've kept the third dress which is an 18 sand fits perfectly. The size 20, I could have sized up at least 2 sizes for it to fit.

Reactions: 3
For me I want to wear bottoms like jeans and bikini bottoms that give you no muffin top at all- even if you buy a size an inch under your waist measurement it makes your tummy poke out. But if you buy a size an inch over both jeans and bikini bottoms are too big, so they slip/fall down :( :)

For me I want to wear bottoms like jeans and bikini bottoms that give you no muffin top at all- even if you buy a size an inch under your waist measurement it makes your tummy poke out. But if you buy a size an inch over both jeans and bikini bottoms are too big, so they slip/fall down :( :)
For bikini bottoms I think you just need to find the right cut. If you go for full briefs or high-waisted they should be true to size. I’ve just come back from holiday (26w) and managed to use all my pre-pregnancy bikini tops and bottoms because they could go over my bump rather than rolling down it.

I got some Levis 721 high rise from SimplyBe (I’m 5’5” and size 16) which are great, really comfy, slight stretch but not so much so that they wear badly, no muffin top. They do them in a skinny and straight leg, they did have 3 colours too from what I remember (2 shades of blue and a black).

For those asking about maxi dresses that are long enough but not too long - I got some really nice ones in 2019 from Very. Not shopped there before but would recommend: good quality, reasonable price, don’t see loads of other people wearing the same dress.

My swimming costume search continues with my beloved Asda one practically disintegrating with every visit to the pool. I picked up one in Sainsbury's today in a 26 as most of my weight sits on my stomach and I have massive boobs, I'm normally about a 22/24. It also said 'medium control' which I'm not a fan of but figured it was worth a try. It couldn't even get it onto my boobs never mind get the straps up so a total fail 😭

Adding insult to injury I also picked up 2 dresses, 1 in a 20 as it was all they had and I loved it plus the top was shirred so expected it to be quite generous and another in a 22. The dress in a 20 fits perfectly, I think a 22 would have been too big and the one in a 22 I could easily have got the 20 as it too is very generous. THIS is why it's so hard to buy clothes....even in the same shop there's no consistency!

Reactions: 5
I ordered some 4xl swimsuits from Shein (I’m a size 26) so was a risk but they’re bloody brilliant!! Very supportive, thick material & adjustable straps & look nice! Not tested them in the pool yet but they feel much better than any other plus size suits at a fraction of the price!!

Reactions: 6
I am absolutely loving midi skirts just now! I am very fussy though.. it needs to have a drape or knot/detail at the tum(to hide/distract) and I like a slit in the leg. These are super popular just now but struggling to get any in my size. I bought one from River Island last week and it was just over 5 inches smaller than the one from sainsburys I have in the same size😫 asos have lots but they seem to always be going out of sizes on the same day they’re apparently new in! Finding that with asos swim wear too - never have my size left!
Holiday shop search continues…

I ordered some 4xl swimsuits from Shein (I’m a size 26) so was a risk but they’re bloody brilliant!! Very supportive, thick material & adjustable straps & look nice! Not tested them in the pool yet but they feel much better than any other plus size suits at a fraction of the price!!
Delighted to read this I had looked at some and was wary of sizes I'll order now I've seen a real review thank you xx

Reactions: 2
Absolutely agree with this. I have HUGE boobs so was really worried but bought 2 from SHEIN and they support them so well, I hadn’t swam for about 10+ years because I was so self conscious but I swim all the time now!

For those of you who have bought swimwear from SHEIN, would you mind sharing a link or screenshot please? I’ve had my eye on a couple but have been a bit apprehensive

For those of you who have bought swimwear from SHEIN, would you mind sharing a link or screenshot please? I’ve had my eye on a couple but have been a bit apprehensive

I wanted some arm coverage so I got this one & another similar in bright colour with print on, they are both fab! Adjustable straps, loads of support & feel really good quality!! Actually feel it makes me look slimmer cos sucks it in!!

Edited to add other picture!

Attachments

I wanted some arm coverage so I got this one & another similar in bright colour with print on, they are both fab! Adjustable straps, loads of support & feel really good quality!! Actually feel it makes me look slimmer cos sucks it in!!

Edited to add other picture!
Oooo Thank you!

I'm a size 24 with f boobs and I always buy 5 xl from Shein , will also fit 4 xl too but some things can be very short in the body and I prefer longer tops that cover the tummy. Love that you can see proper pics and reviews from real people on shein too

Reactions: 4