Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't looked on their site for years as it was always a sea of polyester, however I have just had a look and found a pair of linen and cotton trousers I like the look of. What is their sizing like? I tend to find a lot of plus size retailers' sizing is very generous. Is that the case as well with Evans?
I usually size up in linen trousers as the upper leg can be tight on me but the evans ones I ordered in my own size & they fit lovely, they’re called linen blend & they feel better than any other style I’ve ever worn, soft & good quality & no giant baggy stomach area which I get with the Yours ones!!

Reactions: 1
Missguided went into administration but they’ve got a big clearance sale on at the minute. Get 70% off everything when you use take70 code. It’s a bit risky, as you probably won’t be able to return stuff, but I just got £100 worth of stuff for £30 including jeans and leggings from their plus size range and sandals.

Reactions: 2
Missguided went into administration but they’ve got a big clearance sale on at the minute. Get 70% off everything when you use take70 code. It’s a bit risky, as you probably won’t be able to return stuff, but I just got £100 worth of stuff for £30 including jeans and leggings from their plus size range and sandals.
Thsanks, are they still delivering the clothes then? What sare the sizings like? I ordered from them years ago but returned the clothes and I can't remember why.

Can any of you ladies recommend where to get a plus size ‘bum bag’ from? Going to Disney World on holiday and fancy a bum bag thing time rather than a backpack.

Can any of you ladies recommend where to get a plus size ‘bum bag’ from? Going to Disney World on holiday and fancy a bum bag thing time rather than a backpack.
They are a few on Asos, but they don't look great. I wonder if you could get one out in the US, as I can imagine there is quite the demand for them there?

Walmart ones all have longer straps and fitted round my apple middle when I was a UK size 26/28

Debenhams is online too , Next do some nice things & they have a curve section too. They sell loads of different brands as well
I've bought some nice work trousers and shirts from New Look. But I am struggling to find summer friendly clothes from them. Out of the office I'm in big t-shirts and shorts/leggings.

When are you going? I'm going in December and would love to know how it was for you with rides etc? I'm terrified that I won't fit in rides, I'm size 20, but I had an embarrassing moment at Gulliver's last year.
No idea re bum bag, but maybe boohoo?

I bought a Donald duck cross over bag from Primark, not sure if something like that would do

When are you going? I'm going in December and would love to know how it was for you with rides etc? I'm terrified that I won't fit in rides, I'm size 20, but I had an embarrassing moment at Gulliver's last year.

I bought a Donald duck cross over bag from Primark, not sure if something like that would do
I went in 2018 and I was a size 24/26 back then and was absolutely fine on rides so you’ll have no problem. You’ll have the best time 🙂

I went in 2018 and I was a size 24/26 back then and was absolutely fine on rides so you’ll have no problem. You’ll have the best time 🙂
Thank you, Gulliver's world has Rey worried me, it was only one ride but it was so embarrassing 😂

Has anyone ordered clothes from Topsy Curvy? They have some really nice pieces but a lot of them are synthetic material which makes me a sweaty beast 🤣 But they have some gorgeous leggings at good prices.

Thank you, Gulliver's world has Rey worried me, it was only one ride but it was so embarrassing 😂
You’re welcome. A lot of the rides also have test seats outside of them too. It’s a whole different world out there, you really will have the best time 😘

• Heart

You'll fit on absolutely everything at Disney, it is very plus sized friendly. Universal might be trickier as it is designed for teenage boys (no joke) and some of the rides are not very accommodating for larger bodies. Depending on where you carry your weight, you should be ok at a UK sized 20. I'm not overly familiar with the other theme parks in Orlando but apparently they are not great for plus sized people.

Reactions: 3
You'll fit on absolutely everything at Disney, it is very plus sized friendly. Universal might be trickier as it is designed for teenage boys (no joke) and some of the rides are not very accommodating for larger bodies. Depending on where you carry your weight, you should be ok at a UK sized 20. I'm not overly familiar with the other theme parks in Orlando but apparently they are not great for plus sized people.
Thanks, I feel like I keep going on about this holiday, I'm like Jess 😂
I think we'll just be going to Disney, the kids are at Disney age.

You will love Disney, it's so plus sized friendly, it must be what the world is like for straight-sized people.

Reactions: 5
I’m 5ft 5” and size 18. I can never find clothes that fit my legs length wise. Why do clothing shops think plus sizes are 6ft tall!!! Maxi dresses drag on the floor and leggings are baggy round the ankles. The only place I found that do good length leggings that fit are Next petite range but they are expensive.

I like to hide my stomach area andhave a 38FF bust, so like things snug there but loose around my tummy. Will check out your recommendations!!!

I am going Disney in Florida in October and have been frantically researching the rides at all the Disney parks… only ones I won’t try is the Runaway Train (sorry can’t remember full title) and Avatar at whichever park it is, as apparently that’s not plus size friendly either.

I did ok at Universal in 2019, though I had to leave the Mummy ride (even though i tried the test seat outside) the bar would not click on the last notch, but I have a huge hernia in my abdomen and was too painful to push the bar any further so I did the walk of shame 🤪🙈 I did get given 4 fast passes but I didn’t attempt the Hulk coaster, and Harry Potter was closed as queues were too long… other than that, Kong, Fast and Furious, Shrek, Jurassic Park and few others I was ok with and I carry my weight around my stomach area.

I’m sure you will be fine, people don’t blink an eye at plus size people, and there are seats outside rides to try, you will enjoy it I’m sure and I hope you do 😊😊

I’m curious about the bum bag, I too have always used a cross body, but may now consider a bum bag! May look at Walmart when I get there for one, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m also going to purchase cheap waterproof ponchos, we had an amazing but bloody manic storm at Universal on one of the days, it absolutely chucked it down! The water on the floor came up last my ankles, I had to steal my other half’s baseball cap as the rain was literally washing out my contact lenses!! We were DRENCHED!! Like absolutely soaked, wringing out clothes drenched! Couldn’t sit in the car as we were puddling!! It was hilarious but man, I wish we had ponchos! They are so expensive in the parks so would recommend buying cheaper ones either online before you go or at places such as Walmart.

I am going Disney in Florida in October and have been frantically researching the rides at all the Disney parks… only ones I won’t try is the Runaway Train (sorry can’t remember full title) and Avatar at whichever park it is, as apparently that’s not plus size friendly either.

I did ok at Universal in 2019, though I had to leave the Mummy ride (even though i tried the test seat outside) the bar would not click on the last notch, but I have a huge hernia in my abdomen and was too painful to push the bar any further so I did the walk of shame 🤪🙈 I did get given 4 fast passes but I didn’t attempt the Hulk coaster, and Harry Potter was closed as queues were too long… other than that, Kong, Fast and Furious, Shrek, Jurassic Park and few others I was ok with and I carry my weight around my stomach area.

I’m sure you will be fine, people don’t blink an eye at plus size people, and there are seats outside rides to try, you will enjoy it I’m sure and I hope you do 😊😊

I’m curious about the bum bag, I too have always used a cross body, but may now consider a bum bag! May look at Walmart when I get there for one, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m also going to purchase cheap waterproof ponchos, we had an amazing but bloody manic storm at Universal on one of the days, it absolutely chucked it down! The water on the floor came up last my ankles, I had to steal my other half’s baseball cap as the rain was literally washing out my contact lenses!! We were DRENCHED!! Like absolutely soaked, wringing out clothes drenched! Couldn’t sit in the car as we were puddling!! It was hilarious but man, I wish we had ponchos! They are so expensive in the parks so would recommend buying cheaper ones either online before you go or at places such as Walmart.
Thanks, it’s me that’s going, @Furnessian was replying to me, good to know what rides to avoid. I’ve not been since 2011 and we mainly went to universal and I was there. I’m going to buy some ponchos.