Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do really well on Ebay, February and March I sold a shed load of clothes, new and good condition used & made £1700 !!! I've a load more to list now and while I agree about the fees, I just factor that in I use evri to send as my local shop has the print facility, more and more people are using selling sites to buy as the descriptions are by real people who can say what the actual fit etc is like
This is soooo good to know!! Thanks so much for the feedback, I’m going to get blooming listing! 🤩 I guess even with the fees, it’s still money I didn’t have so anything is a bonus.

Reactions: 1
Thanks so much for this thread! 🥰

I love ASOS Curve, New Look used to be good but for me personally, I find myself looking less and less on there lately 🙁 Yours can be ok but the sizing can be so hit and miss, and sometimes the quality is just tit. Boohoo is ridiculous sizing at times and can be crap, the same with In The Style and PLT… but plus size clothing has demand, I don’t know why companies can’t provide more for us plus size who want good quality clothes that are nice! Sorry if I cause any offence but the bloody butterflies and cold shoulder tops, t-shirts with tit inspirational quotes… no thanks!!

I have a ton of mostly new with labels, clothes to list to sell on eBay… I was thinking if Vinted but never sold on there before and not sure how it works? Most of the items are between sizes 24 - 30 I think? New dresses, tops etc… from ASOS, Quiz Curve, Yours, New Look etc…. I have sold successfully before on eBay but the fees are so high 😒 but I’ll just be grateful that someone else may get a bargain too!

I also have new bags too and other bits, including new make up and skin care… new boxed hair tools, and a load more stuff to sort through..

I don’t realise how much stuff I have accumulated and not worn or used…since I lost my mum, I think I was buying stuff as a comfort as I used to take her shopping all the time… trying to fill a hole that will never be filled 😢

Anyways, I really need to list it and try and make some money. Like so many others, COVID hit us hard, I worked all the way through but my partner is self-employed and still struggling… like so many of us, so anything I can make will help so much.

I too am going to Florida in October (cancelled from before COVID) and me and my partner of almost 14 years are going to get married whilst there! Not told anyone, just going to get married with just us. The dress has been sitting in my wardrobe for almost 3 years now! Its gorgeous and from ASOS Curve! So excited 🥰

Sorry for the long post, it’s just lovely to share plus size fashion advice and discussion without lining someone else’s pockets 😏
Congratulations, you’ll have a great time in Florida.

I‘ve sold on vinted before, but only kids clothes. It’s great that you don’t pay fees, the only thing that I disliked was that you don’t get your money until the buyer has received the item and they have to inform vinted. The good thing is that you set the price and the buyer pays that price, you can also keep the items on for as long as you want.

I’ve sold using eBay, Depop and Vinted recently and I would say Vinted for me was the best and the only one I use now.
No fees is the first plus. I also find the upload process and the app easy to use.
Also there’s no time limit so things can stay on there longer.
I also sell way more on there then other sites -especially brand new with tags!
Good luck!
Vinted seems to be the best of the three. The only things I dislike about it are the fact it tries to get you to price stuff really low. Like you’ll be uploading a leather jacket and it’ll show you ‘similar’ listings with stuff for £2 to try and pressure you to sell things cheaply. Also you get constant silly offers but that’s every platform. It’s good though as there are no fees to sell and you simply print the postage labels. I can send stuff from a local Hermes (or whatever it’s called now) locker, so no queuing at the post office.

I have found that if you take a minute to write a decent product description you sell stuff much quicker. Oh and if you sell dresses put in the length in cm!

Reactions: 2
This is on ASOS if it’s any good?

Edit - sorry to add this Nasty Gal one on Debenhams also
Thank you, I love the new look dress. I’ve never shopped at nasty gal or plt for that matter are they similar to boohoo for sizing?

Thank you, I love the new look dress. I’ve never shopped at nasty gal or plt for that matter are they similar to boohoo for sizing?
You’re welcome ☺

I find Boohoo and PLT sizing a bit hit and miss, I always tend to size up if no stretch. I have a big bust and this is an area I sometimes struggle with. I have one thing from Nasty Gal and that was ok in my usual size.

Edit for typos, sorry.

You’re welcome ☺

I find Boohoo and PLT sizing a bit hit and miss, I always tend to size up if no stretch. I have a big bust and this is an area I sometimes struggle with. I have one thing from Nasty Gal and that was ok in my usual size.

Edit for typos, sorry.
Thanks, I used to shop with boohoo and had to size up all the time. I thought I was bigger than I was due to boohoo 😂

• Sad
Thanks, I used to shop with boohoo and had to size up all the time. I thought I was bigger than I was due to boohoo 😂
You’re not alone, I’m exactly the same. Isn’t it some kind of fucked up though that a supposed plus size clothing brand makes us feel that way! I just don’t understand why they can’t be consistent across the board, and actual sizes that they claim to be.

In looking for that zebra dress, I’m so tempted myself by the ASOS one, it’s so lush! I don’t need it… I just really like it! 🤪

Reactions: 2
You’re not alone, I’m exactly the same. Isn’t it some kind of fucked up though that a supposed plus size clothing brand makes us feel that way! I just don’t understand why they can’t be consistent across the board, and actual sizes that they claim to be.

In looking for that zebra dress, I’m so tempted myself by the ASOS one, it’s so lush! I don’t need it… I just really like it! 🤪
I agree The size gs should be the same.

I’m a bad influence, so I’d say buy it

Last edited:
I’m looking for swimwear too! I’ve had a look at the usual Next and M&S but they all seem a bit basic? Ideally I’m looking for a bikini but one with good coverage that will actually cover my cheeks! 😅 Have you had a look at Yours? They have some options but not sure if they ship internationally?
Brastop do a lot of swimwear - sold by bra size and often have sales on . They start at a D and stock lots of sizes. They nearly always have a sale on. I have a skirted swimsuit from Bon marche, which looks lovely till you get in the pool when the skirt floats up

Same here and influencers aren't really influencing me at the moment 😉

I'm on the look out for a dress for a night out that covers my arms and isn't too short or expensive and is ideally zebra print, not asking for much but can I find it anywhere 😂

Not sure if this is any good but just came across it and remembered your comment. 🥰

Reactions: 3
Omg found my people! Been plus size for over 20 years and currently at my heaviest at a size 20. The issue I'm currently having is returning to work after two years spent on mat leave (technically unemployed for part of that but anyway......). I do not wear dresses at all and my job isn't suitable for wearing them anyway. Where can I find smart casual office wear that isn't made from polyester/synthetic fabrics?

On that note, why are so many plus size clothes made from synthetic materials? I suspect the answer is probably cost but it's a pain in the backside trying to find nice clothes that won't drown me in sweat.

Reactions: 6

Not sure if this is any good but just came across it and remembered your comment. 🥰
That dress is cute but I wish they’d put the actual length. It says midi in the title and description but it’s short on the model.

On that note, why are so many plus size clothes made from synthetic materials? I suspect the answer is probably cost but it's a pain in the backside trying to find nice clothes that won't drown me in sweat.
Yes a lot of plus size stuff is made from awful fabrics. I don’t buy from SheIn because of some dodgy ethical issues, but I see their stuff in our local charity shops all the time because people donate it rather than returning. A lot of it looks nice but then you pick it up and it’s just printed polyester. Yuck. Yours can be bad for this too.

Reactions: 5
Yours can be bad for this too.
Yes! I've bought some nice stuff from them in the past but my last order was so crap. Wouldn't buy from them in the future to be honest.

There's a TTer called Chubby Mermaid who rips the utter piss out of plus size clothes designers. Will try and find one of her videos to post.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes! I've bought some nice stuff from them in the past but my last order was so crap. Wouldn't buy from them in the future to be honest.

There's a TTer called Chubby Mermaid who rips the utter piss out of plus size clothes designers. Will try and find one of her videos to post.
She is hilarious. Love all of her TikTok’s on this. She really hits the nail in the head.

I came across Yours Clothes when I was on holiday in Manchester a good few years ago. I used to order regularly from them online.

I was desparate for them to open in Scotland. They've now got 2 stores near me and I buy next to nothing from them!!! They're designs are God awful!!! But the colours are the worst. Everything is black and grey!!!

Reactions: 6
Their fabrics are awful as well. And they seem to think that just because your plus size you must be tall as well.