Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Shein too but it is hit and miss and I think as long as you're aware of this, it's fine. The sizing is largely unreliable and the quality varies massively. If I do a big order and find one or two things to keep from that then it has been a success. Their knitwear is absolutely fabulous. though. I don't want to spend a lot on shrugs and cardies to go over dresses and Shein ones are cheap and cute.

I also love Asda and Sainsbury's for stuff and can't wait to come back to the UK in a few weeks and see what they have.

Are you able to order from Eloquii in the UK?

Reactions: 1
Not sure how you feel about it but SHEINCurve have some really reasonable things, I've had loads from there, some is quite cheap, others better quality but still reasonable but if you're not in a rush, they have a huge choice. I've lost weight and sold a lot from there on Ebay and it always sells well. Only thing I'd say is read the reviews and look at the pics as sizes do vary depending on style etc but overall I would recommend it for reasonable clothes. Oh 1 more thing, if it says white, 9 times out of 10 it's actually cream 🤣
I’ve got quite a few things from SHEIN. Their sizing is a bit bonkers, I’ve got t shirts ranging from XL - 5xl that are all the same size - a good thing to do is measure something you know fits you and then check the measurements on the SHEIN listings.
I like their t shirts, dresses, pyjamas etc. delivery is alright too, I think some stuff comes from the uk now but even overseas delivery only takes about a week - 10 days

I like Shein too but it is hit and miss and I think as long as you're aware of this, it's fine. The sizing is largely unreliable and the quality varies massively. If I do a big order and find one or two things to keep from that then it has been a success. Their knitwear is absolutely fabulous. though. I don't want to spend a lot on shrugs and cardies to go over dresses and Shein ones are cheap and cute.

I also love Asda and Sainsbury's for stuff and can't wait to come back to the UK in a few weeks and see what they have.

Are you able to order from Eloquii in the UK?
I've just had a look and no you can't. I'm going to Florida in December so I will have a look whilst I'm out there

20% off ASOS tonight 7-9pm code "SUNNY"
Thank you, I'm going to have a look now and get my basket ready for later

I've just had a look and no you can't. I'm going to Florida in December so I will have a look whilst I'm out there

Thank you, I'm going to have a look now and get my basket ready for later
The most useful and flattering dresses I've ever owned are from Eloquii so do check them out.

Where in Florida are you going? I'm a fan. Will you have time for any clothes shopping? If so, Walmart is brilliant at the moment and they also have an Eloquii range there.

The most useful and flattering dresses I've ever owned are from Eloquii so do check them out.

Where in Florida are you going? I'm a fan. Will you have time for any clothes shopping? If so, Walmart is brilliant at the moment and they also have an Eloquii range there.
Orlando, Disney world, in the second week I'm planning on a day or two shopping. I'm really excited to go to target and was going to go to a discount mall. I'll being going Walmart as well. I'm more excited about the shops than Disney.

Reactions: 2
Orlando, Disney world, in the second week I'm planning on a day or two shopping. I'm really excited to go to target and was going to go to a discount mall. I'll being going Walmart as well. I'm more excited about the shops than Disney.
I adore WDW. I hope you have an amazing time. Have you watched any Florida vlogs on YouTube? There's a whole new world of hate there, much of which is discussed here on Tattle.

I don't do shopping in Orlando as they're the same places we have at home but if I was living in Britain, I would be all over them. Old Navy is also great for plus sized stuff. They do their entire range in plus sizes and it's all displayed together, no seperate section, which I love.

I adore WDW. I hope you have an amazing time. Have you watched any Florida vlogs on YouTube? There's a whole new world of hate there, much of which is discussed here on Tattle.

I don't do shopping in Orlando as they're the same places we have at home but if I was living in Britain, I would be all over them. Old Navy is also great for plus sized stuff. They do their entire range in plus sizes and it's all displayed together, no seperate section, which I love.
I’ve not watched any yet, but will give them a watch, I’ve heard of old navy, but thought it was like the army and navy shops 🤣

I live in France and am desperate to find a proper swimming costume, as in one where I can actually swim vigorously in regularly instead of just lounging by the pool and doing the odd leisurely length or two/splashing about. I don’t want anything that has tummy flattening panels but it needs to be able to support ( and cover!) some pretty big boobs ( G cup). I am a size 28. Not really a fan of bikinis and would prefer block/solid colour.

Reactions: 3
I live in France and am desperate to find a proper swimming costume, as in one where I can actually swim vigorously in regularly instead of just lounging by the pool and doing the odd leisurely length or two/splashing about. I don’t want anything that has tummy flattening panels but it needs to be able to support ( and cover!) some pretty big boobs ( G cup). I am a size 28. Not really a fan of bikinis and would prefer block/solid colour.
I’m looking for swimwear too! I’ve had a look at the usual Next and M&S but they all seem a bit basic? Ideally I’m looking for a bikini but one with good coverage that will actually cover my cheeks! 😅 Have you had a look at Yours? They have some options but not sure if they ship internationally?

I'm ashamed to ask this question at 41yrs old lol but speaking of swimsuits .. I go swimming for 2hrs 5 days a week & I seem to be going through swim suits like no ones business ... them going thin, baggy & looking "bleached" what can I do to get more life out of them xx

Thanks so much for this thread! 🥰

I love ASOS Curve, New Look used to be good but for me personally, I find myself looking less and less on there lately 🙁 Yours can be ok but the sizing can be so hit and miss, and sometimes the quality is just tit. Boohoo is ridiculous sizing at times and can be crap, the same with In The Style and PLT… but plus size clothing has demand, I don’t know why companies can’t provide more for us plus size who want good quality clothes that are nice! Sorry if I cause any offence but the bloody butterflies and cold shoulder tops, t-shirts with tit inspirational quotes… no thanks!!

I have a ton of mostly new with labels, clothes to list to sell on eBay… I was thinking if Vinted but never sold on there before and not sure how it works? Most of the items are between sizes 24 - 30 I think? New dresses, tops etc… from ASOS, Quiz Curve, Yours, New Look etc…. I have sold successfully before on eBay but the fees are so high 😒 but I’ll just be grateful that someone else may get a bargain too!

I also have new bags too and other bits, including new make up and skin care… new boxed hair tools, and a load more stuff to sort through..

I don’t realise how much stuff I have accumulated and not worn or used…since I lost my mum, I think I was buying stuff as a comfort as I used to take her shopping all the time… trying to fill a hole that will never be filled 😢

Anyways, I really need to list it and try and make some money. Like so many others, COVID hit us hard, I worked all the way through but my partner is self-employed and still struggling… like so many of us, so anything I can make will help so much.

I too am going to Florida in October (cancelled from before COVID) and me and my partner of almost 14 years are going to get married whilst there! Not told anyone, just going to get married with just us. The dress has been sitting in my wardrobe for almost 3 years now! Its gorgeous and from ASOS Curve! So excited 🥰

Sorry for the long post, it’s just lovely to share plus size fashion advice and discussion without lining someone else’s pockets 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 20

I love ASOS Curve, New Look used to be good but for me personally, I find myself looking less and less on there lately 🙁 Yours can be ok but the sizing can be so hit and miss, and sometimes the quality is just tit. Boohoo is ridiculous sizing at times and can be crap, the same with In The Style and PLT… but plus size clothing has demand, I don’t know why companies can’t provide more for us plus size who want good quality clothes that are nice! Sorry if I cause any offence but the bloody butterflies and cold shoulder tops, t-shirts with tit inspirational quotes… no thanks!!

I have a ton of mostly new with labels, clothes to list to sell on eBay… I was thinking if Vinted but never sold on there before and not sure how it works? Most of the items are between sizes 24 - 30 I think? New dresses, tops etc… from ASOS, Quiz Curve, Yours, New Look etc…. I have sold successfully before on eBay but the fees are so high 😒 but I’ll just be grateful that someone else may get a bargain too!

I also have new bags too and other bits, including new make up and skin care… new boxed hair tools, and a load more stuff to sort through..

I don’t realise how much stuff I have accumulated and not worn or used…since I lost my mum, I think I was buying stuff as a comfort as I used to take her shopping all the time… trying to fill a hole that will never be filled 😢

Anyways, I really need to list it and try and make some money. Like so many others, COVID hit us hard, I worked all the way through but my partner is self-employed and still struggling… like so many of us, so anything I can make will help so much.

I too am going to Florida in October (cancelled from before COVID) and me and my partner of almost 14 years are going to get married whilst there! Not told anyone, just going to get married with just us. The dress has been sitting in my wardrobe for almost 3 years now! Its gorgeous and from ASOS Curve! So excited 🥰

Sorry for the long post, it’s just lovely to share plus size fashion advice and discussion without lining someone else’s pockets 😏
Definitely get selling if you can! I hadn’t thought of eBay actually but that’s a good shout. Comfort buying is real, so I feel you there and sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum.
Hopefully your items will do well and you’ll have a nice bit of spending money for your Florida wedding 😊
What’s everyone’s plus size clothing ick? Cold shoulder tops for me! 😅

Tiktok unsafe link https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

This lady’s TikTok series is spot on! 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Definitely get selling if you can! I hadn’t thought of eBay actually but that’s a good shout. Comfort buying is real, so I feel you there and sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum.
Hopefully your items will do well and you’ll have a nice bit of spending money for your Florida wedding 😊
What’s everyone’s plus size clothing ick? Cold shoulder tops for me! 😅
Thank you 💛

Yes, cold shoulder tops! Not for me! Anything with butterflies too. Just don’t get the fascination of putting butterflies on everything for plus size clothing?! 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Great thread thanks for starting it ! I used to love new look and was on the online fashion panel for a long time but they never obviously listened to what we had to say! Haven't bought anything from there in a long time . I said no cold shoulder tops, stop with the Eiffel tower and butterfly's on everything! Also stop making everything with high round necklines think v neck ,scoop neck all much nicer . Also proper short sleeves not bloody cap sleeves ! Bootcut jeans also not all skinny legged jeans !!

I wish plus size companies would actually hire plus sized people and listen to them !!! I buy from simplybe, boohoo,yours, littlewoods and Shein these days

As for swimwear I only ever go for tankinis as I find swimsuits are just cut smaller anyway and are too short for me in the body. I'll see if I can find anything suitable for you online

Reactions: 11
Tough one. Evans and Simply Be both have some quite good swimwear and I’ve found them generous up top. But I’m not sure they’d deliver to France. Do you have a UK friend who could post to you?

I'm ashamed to ask this question at 41yrs old lol but speaking of swimsuits .. I go swimming for 2hrs 5 days a week & I seem to be going through swim suits like no ones business ... them going thin, baggy & looking "bleached" what can I do to get more life out of them xx
Chlorine really buggers up swimwear. There are lots of tips out there like rinsing your suit straight away and air drying it, but I think it’s ultimately down to the quality of the swimsuit. I’ve had swimsuits that have lasted a few summers and ones that have gone in the bin after one holiday. The sporty ones with proper Lycra tended to last the longest.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not sure if these will ship you but yours have several in size 28 also https://www.bonprix.co.uk/womens/swimwear/plus-size/_/N-19Z1z140t5Z1z13zjbZ1z14193

I actually just googled size 28 plus swimsuit France and got lots of results of both uk and eu sites that post to France

Same here and influencers aren't really influencing me at the moment 😉

I'm on the look out for a dress for a night out that covers my arms and isn't too short or expensive and is ideally zebra print, not asking for much but can I find it anywhere 😂
This is on ASOS if it’s any good?

Edit - sorry to add this Nasty Gal one on Debenhams also

Attachments

I’ve sold using eBay, Depop and Vinted recently and I would say Vinted for me was the best and the only one I use now.
No fees is the first plus. I also find the upload process and the app easy to use.
Also there’s no time limit so things can stay on there longer.
I also sell way more on there then other sites -especially brand new with tags!
Good luck!

Reactions: 8
I do really well on Ebay, February and March I sold a shed load of clothes, new and good condition used & made £1700 !!! I've a load more to list now and while I agree about the fees, I just factor that in I use evri to send as my local shop has the print facility, more and more people are using selling sites to buy as the descriptions are by real people who can say what the actual fit etc is like

• Wow
Reactions: 4