Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus size clothing seems worse now than ever. The majority is cheap materials or covered in slogans and (like others have said) butterfly patterns.
I have super short legs and buy all of my trousers from M&S. I tend to wear t-shirts in the summer and have bought lots off truffle shuffle - they go upto a 5xl in some things.
I sometimes have a look around Yours but Jesus its like a cheap market stall lately. I think the last thing I bought was a teddy coat about 2 years ago (still in great shape).
I browse asos but it's a bit overwhelming at times and I usually only buy leggings from there.
Evans is tit.
I used to buy a lot from Simpley Be when they had actual shops but since they closed the one in the Metrocentre I haven't bought a thing from them.

Us plus size ladies have it tough trying to find decent well fitting and quality clothes.

Reactions: 14
Those TikTok videos/insta posts with ‘wow check out this outfit from Amazon/these are the best jeans of my life!’ type content is usually just for the affiliate links. An affiliate cookie from Amazon lasts something like 24 hours, so if you click on something from one of those videos, even if you don’t buy that particular item but go on to buy something else… they earn commission.

Most Amazon clothing is complete crap, like aliexpress level. Even stuff with 4.5 stars has terrible reviews if you scroll through them.
Some affiliate cookies can actually last 999 days!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Plus size clothing seems worse now than ever. The majority is cheap materials or covered in slogans and (like others have said) butterfly patterns.
I have super short legs and buy all of my trousers from M&S. I tend to wear t-shirts in the summer and have bought lots off truffle shuffle - they go upto a 5xl in some things.
I sometimes have a look around Yours but Jesus its like a cheap market stall lately. I think the last thing I bought was a teddy coat about 2 years ago (still in great shape).
I browse asos but it's a bit overwhelming at times and I usually only buy leggings from there.
Evans is tit.
I used to buy a lot from Simpley Be when they had actual shops but since they closed the one in the Metrocentre I haven't bought a thing from them.

Us plus size ladies have it tough trying to find decent well fitting and quality clothes.
I think clothing in general is getting crap and going up in price. I feel like every shop I go into is neglected, understaffed and a bit grim. You are right, Yours is awful now. It used to be a bit frumpy, but you could at least rely on them for jeans and basics. I don’t even like going in their shop now. There are two branches near me and they both smell really bad! I think it’s the chemically clothes.

I think I’m buying more clothes from the supermarket brands than anywhere else at the minute. Big range of sizes, decent basics and inexpensive.

Reactions: 7
I’m going to a work conference in Paris next month, the dress code is business wear during the day and then in the evening dinner and a club! As I work from home my current business wear is shorts and a t-shirt 😂 and I haven’t been in a club since the 90’s 😂 I can’t find anything, everything seems either black or covered in slogans or way too floaty 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think clothing in general is getting crap and going up in price. I feel like every shop I go into is neglected, understaffed and a bit grim. You are right, Yours is awful now. It used to be a bit frumpy, but you could at least rely on them for jeans and basics. I don’t even like going in their shop now. There are two branches near me and they both smell really bad! I think it’s the chemically clothes.

I think I’m buying more clothes from the supermarket brands than anywhere else at the minute. Big range of sizes, decent basics and inexpensive.
I agree with you about clothes shopping in general. Me and the old dear were in Marks the other night and they had rows of t-shirts that all needed ironed!!! My mum kept saying this never used to happen in Mark's!!!

But there seems to be nowhere to buy normal clothes any more. My go to place now seems to be Sainsbury. I used to buy loads of stuff from asda but their stuff is now chronic!!!

God I miss Dorothy Perkins!!! And Debenhams!!!

Reactions: 4
I’ve bought swim shorts from Bon marche (I always thought it was an old woman shop ) they cover quite a lot

Reactions: 3
I agree with you about clothes shopping in general. Me and the old dear were in Marks the other night and they had rows of t-shirts that all needed ironed!!! My mum kept saying this never used to happen in Mark's!!!

But there seems to be nowhere to buy normal clothes any more. My go to place now seems to be Sainsbury. I used to buy loads of stuff from asda but their stuff is now chronic!!!

God I miss Dorothy Perkins!!! And Debenhams!!!
DP is online

I’m going to a work conference in Paris next month, the dress code is business wear during the day and then in the evening dinner and a club! As I work from home my current business wear is shorts and a t-shirt 😂 and I haven’t been in a club since the 90’s 😂 I can’t find anything, everything seems either black or covered in slogans or way too floaty 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'm having a problem finding something for a night out, mainly because I don't want to waste money on something I'll buy once. I've had some good suggestions from here. I digress, have you tried boohoo, PLT, ASOS for night out clothes?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Debenhams is online too , Next do some nice things & they have a curve section too. They sell loads of different brands as well

Reactions: 2
I'd definitely avoid Amazon for clothes it's usually from AliExpress for inflated prices ! My issue is finding maxi dresses that are actual maxi dresses on me ! Hate my legs but find it hard to get nice long dresses . Lots say maxi but then you click into the pic and it's mid calf length on the model 🙈 I'm 5'10 so tall but recently bought a maxi from long tall Sally which was sweeping the floor I would have gone arse over tit in two minutes 🤣 Such a gorgeous dress but way too long
You and @FenellaTheWitch might want to look at the Tallternative group on Facebook. It’s been set up by tall women to share their purchases (often with a photo of the person wearing it and their height/size) when LTS was looking as if it would close. It has members from 50+ countries now I think.

Reactions: 4
You and @FenellaTheWitch might want to look at the Tallternative group on Facebook. It’s been set up by tall women to share their purchases (often with a photo of the person wearing it and their height/size) when LTS was looking as if it would close. It has members from 50+ countries now I think.
Thanks. I'll have a look.

Being tall and big boned ( 😁 ) makes clothes buying a pain. Doesn't help that I'm a different size top and bottom. Dresses are particularly difficult.

Reactions: 3
DP is online

I'm having a problem finding something for a night out, mainly because I don't want to waste money on something I'll buy once. I've had some good suggestions from here. I digress, have you tried boohoo, PLT, ASOS for night out clothes?
Thank you for your suggestions, I had a look and I’ve got orders placed 😁

I know Dorothy Perkins and Debenhams are online but it's not the same as having a wander or a feel of the material.

But I will have a wee look and see if I can spot anything

Has anyone bought from the brand Lola May Curve on Asos? I have my eye on a couple of dresses, but worried they'll be that material that cling to you.

Anyone bought wide leg trousers from anywhere that aren’t designed for giants? I’m 5ft7 and every pair trails on the ground. Ideally I’d like some ankle grazers or culottes for summer.

Has anyone bought from the brand Lola May Curve on Asos? I have my eye on a couple of dresses, but worried they'll be that material that cling to you.
Never heard of them, just had a look and I like some of the dresses.

Anyone bought wide leg trousers from anywhere that aren’t designed for giants? I’m 5ft7 and every pair trails on the ground. Ideally I’d like some ankle grazers or culottes for summer.
I don’t rate Evans for their clothing it’s quite grumpy looking but I was desperate for some linen trousers this summer. Yours ones always go baggy & shapeless after a day of wearing & the material is so thin it rips very easily, ASOS were way too long so I came across Evans.
They arrived yesterday & are the best linen trousers I’ve ever tried on, lovely material & fit, I’m 5ft3 so struggle with length & these are fine on me plus they come in lots of colours too. They’re a nice leg width too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think Evans has upped their game a bit recently. Their own brand stuff is still a
Bit meh but the branded items I’ve tried have been really good quality for the price (but only buy when they have discounts)

I think Evans has upped their game a bit recently. Their own brand stuff is still a
Bit meh but the branded items I’ve tried have been really good quality for the price (but only buy when they have discounts)
I haven't looked on their site for years as it was always a sea of polyester, however I have just had a look and found a pair of linen and cotton trousers I like the look of. What is their sizing like? I tend to find a lot of plus size retailers' sizing is very generous. Is that the case as well with Evans?

Reactions: 1