Planting Flowers, Fruit & Veg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't fuss too much. I do as you do, remove obvious suckers and those that are damaged but other than that I just male sure to water and fertilise.

Is that a striped variety in your first picture?

Looking great!!!!
They are tigerella variety, says they produce yellow striped tomato’s. Thanks, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing then!
Iv really enjoyed watching them grow, I’m defiantly gonna try to grow more next summer!! Been very Theaputic!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
They are tigerella variety, says they produce yellow striped tomato’s. Thanks, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing then!
Iv really enjoyed watching them grow, I’m defiantly gonna try to grow more next summer!! Been very Theaputic!
Lovely, I have the same variety this year, and they seem to be a great one! Haven't tasted one yet, but the growth is amazing.

Lovely, I have the same variety this year, and they seem to be a great one! Haven't tasted one yet, but the growth is amazing.
Yes seem to be getting a good amount of tomato’s starting to ripen up!
Iv had a few off the smaller varieties, some lovely yellow cherry tomato’s… so sweet!! Shop brought tomato’s will never be the same again!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thinking of some growing some potatos…. Anyone have something like this? Would you recommend?
I haven't tried that but you might as well use a sturdy bin bag. Will work just as well and is definitely cheaper. Or, you could use a bag of soil straight from the garden centre.

Unless you're after something that looks nice? But even I wouldn't go for something like this with the velcro.

Thinking of some growing some potatos…. Anyone have something like this? Would you recommend?
We got these last year and I'd 100% recommend! I harvested a bunch yesterday and it's so good 😊

Best tip I was ever taught for planting and growing potatoes was the saying "paddy plants them and billy picks them" which is easy for a Northern Irish person to remember but to the normal world means you plant around st Patrick's day and harvest around 12th july

Reactions: 3
ADD25674-D1DF-4DE4-88BC-68CD63520212.jpeg

My pumpkin flower!! I’ve noticed they seem to bloom very briefly for a few hours early in the morning then by lunch time they’ve died back to nothing. Aren’t plants insane!?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can anyone recommend a compost brand for growing my veggies in? Every time I look online I seen 1-3 stars. If I’m spending the money I want to spend it wisely.

Can anyone recommend a compost brand for growing my veggies in? Every time I look online I seen 1-3 stars. If I’m spending the money I want to spend it wisely.
I think the supermarket and discount store ones are much the same. What I tend to do is combine cheap compost with manure from a local horse paddock, cut grass from the garden and sometimes even seaweed from the beach. Essentially what I'm saying is you can add stuff which makes it better.

Reactions: 2
I think the supermarket and discount store ones are much the same. What I tend to do is combine cheap compost with manure from a local horse paddock, cut grass from the garden and sometimes even seaweed from the beach. Essentially what I'm saying is you can add stuff which makes it better.
Oooh seaweed, really?

I genuinely pay no attention, just buy whatevers at the garden center!

I'm drowning in Cucumbers! Need to pickle some soon! I already gave away a massive one, ate another big one but have three more now ready to harvest, and they just don't stop coming!

• Heart
I'm drowning in Cucumbers! Need to pickle some soon! I already gave away a massive one, ate another big one but have three more now ready to harvest, and they just don't stop coming!
omg send some my way i love cucumbers and pickles so much 😂

• Heart
PXL_20220716_082549654.jpg

Is this actually a corn cob?? I didn't think I'd get any cos only 2 plants took

• Heart
Reactions: 9
View attachment 1420916
Is this actually a corn cob?? I didn't think I'd get any cos only 2 plants took
Wow! Super impressed I never managed to grow corn.

My first potato this year.
20220716_083303.jpg

I am not sure if these are the one from the fridge which sprouted or the ones I brought to plant. I only dug up enough for a week.
20220716_091519.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 7