Planting Flowers, Fruit & Veg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @50sGirl. This was my first time using grass clippings to hill them up. I'd definitely try that method again.

Reactions: 1
20220706_164549.jpg
20220706_164413.jpg
Tiny toms ! And cucumber

Silly question how does broccoli come in to being? I've got lots in a raised bed, plenty of leaves but doesn't look to be flowering or doing anything interesting??

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is that not kinda the same thing? At what point do they cease being courgettes and become marrows?
Yes, courgettes are really just small marrows but when they are that size they are deffo a marrow! There’s always one every year that I miss under the leaves that is massive! Mine are still teeny at the mo.

Harvested the last of the rhubarb for this year. The rest I’ll leave now to feed the crown for next year.

79FDB277-1809-42FE-9D9D-7AE7B0FB9118.jpeg

Is that not kinda the same thing? At what point do they cease being courgettes and become marrows?
Apologies Saddlesoap, I’ve just reread my post and I missed off the 😜 emoji at the end so it came across rather rude and abrupt which was not my intention at all. Sorry. 😳

And now my apology has added to the end of my previous post even though it was written 50 minutes later! Grr. 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My last broadband harvest. I don't think they will survive but my lemon and oranges.
20220707_202014.jpg

20220707_202304.jpg
20220707_202341.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My little apple tree is going well, in contrast the cherry tree only produced one fruit, which a blackbird duly pinched, as I watched helplessly 😁
20220627_115954.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
It's hard to tell, but this tub looks quite small for courgettes. Keep an eye on them and maybe prop the bottoms on the edge of the tub so they can keep growing. Mine were huge last year 😊
ohhhh I’m going to move mine to a bigger pot then, thanks for the tip!

We got a strawberry plant. Waited for a while for this one strawberry to finally be good for a taste test. Went to see it yesterday and it was gone 😭 😭
I put small organza bags over my strawberries this year, and none got pinched or munched by crawlers, we got a really good harvest compared to last year.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
ohhhh I’m going to move mine to a bigger pot then, thanks for the tip!

I put small organza bags over my strawberries this year, and none got pinched or munched by crawlers, we got a really good harvest compared to last year.
That looks so pretty.

Growing newbie here.loving this thread! ! I have 5 tomato plants and a couple of pepper plants. Had a few tomato’s so far! No real idea what I’m doing….
With the tomato’s I pull over any on the little sucker leafs and any that look like they are dying. But leave it to be otherwise…. Any tips here, should I be removing more leaves?

My pepper plants just seem to be getting a few flowers….need to do more research to what I need to be doing with these!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Growing newbie here.loving this thread! ! I have 5 tomato plants and a couple of pepper plants. Had a few tomato’s so far! No real idea what I’m doing….
With the tomato’s I pull over any on the little sucker leafs and any that look like they are dying. But leave it to be otherwise…. Any tips here, should I be removing more leaves?

My pepper plants just seem to be getting a few flowers….need to do more research to what I need to be doing with these!
I wouldn't fuss too much. I do as you do, remove obvious suckers and those that are damaged but other than that I just male sure to water and fertilise.

Is that a striped variety in your first picture?

Looking great!!!!