Pippa O Connor #4 Pippa has rooms and garden to spare, the Chloe thread is over there

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm the same as you, don't get it.

So you've website then you've a virtual pop up which is another website it's just aesthetically different?

I find her business plan/strategy mixed. Like what is Poco? Clothes, candles, books, runners, makeup? I don't know any other brand that does that? Anyone else?
It’s a mish mash of everything! Does any of it actually sell?!?

Reactions: 3
I think it’s a little bit different when someone who has spoken quite recently about her own fertility struggles and her own recent miscarriage experience posts something like that. If it was FBG I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Kinda just expect better from someone who has been there themselves and has spoken about it so recently.
And I do think it’s a very thoughtless meme. We seem to have made strides in acknowledging miscarriage and there’s been a lot more talk about it publicly for example when NZ brought in paid leave and it was widely lauded globally and here in Ireland. I think those kinds of posts are dated and I would like to think people are becoming a bit more informed or “woke” about it.
Completely agree with this. That was my point. I don’t expectpeople like Pippa to be mindful of everything that could potentially hurt someone but as a person who has openly spoken of her miscarriage I think it was a low blow. It’s always the same though. People usually open up about these things once they are pregnant again. I find it a little smug. Not everyone is so lucky.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wonder has the Pippa effect worn off alittle, the jeans seemed to work for her initially. I don't know personally I find anything she's released since boring. Like the bomber jackets and runners, I don't know there's nothing exciting about any of her launches. One style of a jacket in 4/5 different colours is abit meh!!!

Reactions: 13
Completely agree with this. That was my point. I don’t expectpeople like Pippa to be mindful of everything that could potentially hurt someone but as a person who has openly spoken of her miscarriage I think it was a low blow. It’s always the same though. People usually open up about these things once they are pregnant again. I find it a little smug. Not everyone is so lucky.
That is so true.

Reactions: 5
The price point is wacky off. Everything. The makeup, the notebooks, the clothes, the runners, the jeans & the candles. Why would I spent money on Pippa's runners when I can get a pair cheaper or equal price of Vejas that are more established brand? Why would I buy her notebooks, when I can buy nicer in TK Maxx?

She's obviously doing well, her financial figures were released publicly and her P&L doing well. I just don't get who's buying it? I'm mid 30s and myself or none of my friends purchase or have purchased her stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve bought her jeans and I do actually love them. The issue I have is that you have to pay for return postage unless you are in Ireland (I am not) which gets pricey so I haven’t bought any in a few years

Whoever designs those god awful jumpers should be sacked size of the logo rotten.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I find it really disingenuous that she hops from product to product (candles, jeans, palettes, bomber jackets), all supposedly the next best thing, sticks her logo on them, flogs them to god knows who and then on to the next thing.

There’s obviously no time or consistent passion for research or sourcing to make a really great product.

If she genuinely loved say, jeans or something, and was committed to building great products in the same area over time. But she just flogs whatever she can in the moment.

I honestly can’t believe anyone buys her tat, genuinely baffles me, such a chancer.

Reactions: 13
I don't mind Pippa, she's definitely not the worst of them but I'm baffled as well with the products. I have honestly never heard of anyone I know buying any item. I've never seen anyone wearing the logo'd stuff any where I've been.
I have been in one of the pop up shops and it was completely empty no mater when I was there.
I'm baffled by it.

Reactions: 8
Anyone who buys POCO has no style. I doubt even pippa likes her own stuff. She sells it to mugs with no taste so she can buy all the nice designer bags.
She’s a bit of Jack of all trades master of none. All there things won’t exist in another few years.

Reactions: 23
The one who is about to flog sportswear ?!

Give me a laugh

She’s genetically predispositions to be slim and has even by her own words never been to a gym etc

Made a big song and dance over going for approx 5 walks round her luxurious enclosure during lockdown

Honestly I’d cringe for any of my friends who would buy her stuff

Is it sportswear now ahead launching....looked more sports bra and leggings??

Reactions: 16
I recall a Q&A a few weeks ago when she was launching her pop up shop in KV someone asked was she going to open a permanent branch and she replied: No, that wasn't the "business model". To me that spells chancer. Take the money and run while she's hot. She knows damn well a permanent branch would close down as quick as it opened up & she wouldn't risk that.

Reactions: 17
And it’s surely mostly temporary staff too so far less HR issues, no promotions or holiday/leave cover, and whatever other staff issues that would arise.

Reactions: 14
I recall a Q&A a few weeks ago when she was launching her pop up shop in KV someone asked was she going to open a permanent branch and she replied: No, that wasn't the "business model". To me that spells chancer. Take the money and run while she's hot. She knows damn well a permanent branch would close down as quick as it opened up & she wouldn't risk that.
Her business is pop up. It’s brilliant when you think about it. She drums up a surge interest every time
She opens a new one without actually doing anything different. I bet people impulse buy a lot too knowing there is limited time they can try in store. Less hassle with staff, hire them short term only.
The interest will run out but I reckon she’s made a lot more money this way.

Reactions: 12
Didn't she say in a podcast before something along the lines of she likes the flexibility of these things, same with fashion factories- if it's not working or it's had it's time she can cut ties with it and find the next hot thing. I'm not a fan of the online shop tit she's spewing but i think the pop up shop concept does work for brands. No lease commitment etc. Same as Halloween shops or Xmas shops on henry or grafton street!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.