Phoebe & Me #2 begged for then bagged 8.5 grand! Abandons her subs, it all feels a bit underhand?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't realize the last thread kicked off so I'm on there trying to catch up but I wanted to get my thoughts out. I've seen her 'breast reduction journey' videos in my subscription box but I've barely watched youtube so didn't think much of it. Apologies if some of this has been explained or talked about already.

She's been in and out of work for years which means they've always relied on Neil's income and seemed to do alright. She has always been upfront that they were on a tight budget. I was impressed by her spending habits and lots of times saying she couldn't justify buying/spending money on something, waiting for sales/mark downs, etc because I don't know if I'd have the self-control to do that every time.

If they can make it on Neil's income then why can't she work part time and put all of her income towards the cost of surgery? I'm not from the UK but isn't there child care credits or something to help off set the cost of childcare? In one of the Christmas vlogs she mentioned she quit her job but is still cleaning the offices. Then she mentioned she has to pay for her own cleaning supplies. How much money is that bringing in after expenses? That is alright to do but working in the office for a few hours each day was too much? From what I remember the people at her old job seemed to be very accommodating. She kept banging on about how much they like the bungalow they're renting but can't afford to buy it. 8K saved up (not GFM money) would be a nice chunk of change for a down payment and maybe even enough. The landlord likes them and would probably work with them over it. Plus interest rates are so low right now.

Edit: I've seen that she reached the GFM funding goal! Wow, and in a fu*king pandemic!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
As someone who lives in a country without a health service like the NHS I can't believe that people in the UK have two options. I understand there are long waiting lists, some areas are funded better than others, and you may need to meet criteria for certain things on the NHS but why not try? The worst that happens is they say no so you then go the private route. You have the privilege of an automatic backup option (private healthcare) while a lot of other people only have the option of paying for healthcare. Yes, there is insurance but that only kicks in after the deductible is paid.

Edit: Ok, I see from the second video she had a referral but it was rejected then her GP was off for a few weeks. So I guess she took a step with the NHS?

As someone who lives in a country without a health service like the NHS I can't believe that people in the UK have two options. I understand there are long waiting lists, some areas are funded better than others, and you may need to meet criteria for certain things on the NHS but why not try? The worst that happens is they say no so you then go the private route. You have the privilege of an automatic backup option (private healthcare) while a lot of other people only have the option of paying for healthcare. Yes, there is insurance but that only kicks in after the deductible is paid.

Edit: Ok, I see from the second video she had a referral but it was rejected then her GP was off for a few weeks. So I guess she took a step with the NHS?
Ok I have to amend this as it seems she did try on the NHS but I can see at this time why it would be rejected if it's even accepted at all in better times. My apologies.

Interest rates overall are low now due to the pandemic. Companies want/need people to spend again so they're practically throwing loans at people. The financing through the private hospital may not have been great but that isn't the only option. Shop around and find a better rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I don't think she'll get a part time job. They live mainly off of Neil's wage so I'm assuming she gets tax credits for P, maybe with some other kind of benefits thrown in, rent maybe? Council tax help? If she gets a part time job won't she lose the benefit money so she'd have to be earning more than she currently gets in benefits to make it worth it for her. Or do you only lose your tax credit money if you work more than 16 hours?

What she needs to do is get a job and get childcare for F. P could go to breakfast or after school club which is cheap. Or work evenings and weekends! You can’t ask for money whilst doing nothing to try and raise any yourself that’s just pure laziness!

Reactions: 6
What she needs to do is get a job and get childcare for F. P could go to breakfast or after school club which is cheap. Or work evenings and weekends! You can’t ask for money whilst doing nothing to try and raise any yourself that’s just pure laziness!
Exactly ! there's nothing stopping her from getting work in the evening or weekends my sister works from 4am till 8am in Sainburys while having an extremely autistic child and two other boys her youngest is only a year and a half so she's him to look after throughout the day there's no excuse why she can't find work, even in the vid she said her mum was bubbled with them for childcare if she's so desperate to save for the revision surgery her mum could look after F during the day as we see F is a very easy pleasant child Jess has even said this herself so wouldn't be too much of a handful .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She won’t though and that’s the sad thing! And this second surgery is purely cosmetic. The backache will be gone. The pain will be gone. If she begs for money for lipo and to get rid of scars that will be hidden I will be deeply disgusted

Reactions: 7
She has the money for the reduction. I don't think she should beg for more money for the revision/lipo and whatever else. I wouldn't be surprised if people start telling her they will donate for it and she sets up another GFM. From now until her reduction surgery she should be doing everything she can to save for whatever surgery she wants to have next. Work full time on the weekends, sell anything and everything (like all those books she's already read), and do a personal no spend challenge (no buying books).

I did a quick google about revision surgery. I've seen some forums where women waited years to go for the revision to see how everything would heal up. What's this 6 months timeline after reduction surgery? Is the price cheaper if it's done within 6 months?

• Heart
She's only covered for 6 months post surgery anything after that she needs to pay herself. She doesn’t know if it’ll be 6 mths it could be a year she doesn’t know the timeframe it will depend on how well the surgery goes . I thought she was hinting about lipo now never mind post surgery the way she kept saying about the fat on her sides and she was finding it impossible to shift ?... It says she’s disabled donations atm could she open them again
420EA316-731F-45FF-9691-8223E93F52F6.jpeg

Reactions: 2
She's only covered for 6 months post surgery anything after that she needs to pay herself. She doesn’t know if it’ll be 6 mths it could be a year she doesn’t know the timeframe it will depend on how well the surgery goes . I thought she was hinting about lipo now never mind post surgery the way she kept saying about the fat on her sides and she was finding it impossible to shift ?... It says she’s disabled donations atm could she open them again View attachment 523440
Thanks for explaining it. A caloric deficit does a lot for weight loss on it's own but some areas will just do better with combining diet and exercise. Weight lifting will help with shape. However, it takes work and will be a slow process. I don't see her having the patience for all that which could take months when she could get lipo and have it removed immediately. I don't agree with it. Once she fully heals from the reduction she should start exercising as she will feel much more comfortable with a smaller chest and exercising has life long benefits.

I know someone who had lipo around the usual areas. A few years later she met her partner, had a child, and gained weight. Understandable given she was pregnant and all but it was like she never had the lipo in the end.

She has started toning exercises but doesn’t come across as enjoying them much ,hence why I think she’s on the beg for lipo as a quick fix ,she’s mentioned her mum tum a few times on her vids it wouldn’t surprise me if she opts to get that done aswell ,if she’s smaller on top it’ll accentuate that part more ,not that I think she needs it done she looks fine but I think it’ll be another area of distaste for her .

Reactions: 3
She has started toning exercises but doesn’t come across as enjoying them much ,hence why I think she’s on the beg for lipo as a quick fix ,she’s mentioned her mum tum a few times on her vids it wouldn’t surprise me if she opts to get that done aswell ,if she’s smaller on top it’ll accentuate that part more ,not that I think she needs it done she looks fine but I think it’ll be another area of distaste for her .
I think her body looks fine but we are our own worst critic. I do give her credit for losing weight when she keeps a lot of snacky bits in the house for P and Neil. I wouldn't have the self-control.

Yes ,especially as she seems to spend a lot of time at home it would be hard to keep out of the snack cupboard.

She said
She has the money for the reduction. I don't think she should beg for more money for the revision/lipo and whatever else. I wouldn't be surprised if people start telling her they will donate for it and she sets up another GFM. From now until her reduction surgery she should be doing everything she can to save for whatever surgery she wants to have next. Work full time on the weekends, sell anything and everything (like all those books she's already read), and do a personal no spend challenge (no buying books).

I did a quick google about revision surgery. I've seen some forums where women waited years to go for the revision to see how everything would heal up. What's this 6 months timeline after reduction surgery? Is the price cheaper if it's done within 6 months?
No I think she just wants her dream body! It’s gone
from a medical reason to pure just wanting amazing boobs. Who cares if there’s scars or fat under her arms. And she said she’d try to save as much as possible. You don’t need to try Jess. You need to do it YOURSELF and you need to save the 6,000 it will probably be unless you’re going to beg for lipo and surgery to tidy up the scars.

What woman doesn’t want their dream body. I think a lot of women’s mental health would be improved with lipo to be honest, and so many people live with scars. She’s talking about it like it’s already a forgone conclusion and she’ll ‘try’ to save. She needs to learn if you can’t afford it you go without. If she can’t save enough it’s tough.

Are you really going to be begging for lipo? That woman! Has no money and is already planning to “tidy up” the first operation. She wouldn’t have had that on the NHS and she knows it. She needs to learn if she can’t afford it, it’s tough; she can’t have a second cosmetic round of surgery. If you haven’t got it, you go without.

This is a bit of a rant but I think to do a a second round would be the lowest of the low. If she hasn’t got any money that’s her own problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She said

No I think she just wants her dream body! It’s gone
from a medical reason to pure just wanting amazing boobs. Who cares if there’s scars or fat under her arms. And she said she’d try to save as much as possible. You don’t need to try Jess. You need to do it YOURSELF and you need to save the 6,000 it will probably be unless you’re going to beg for lipo and surgery to tidy up the scars.

What woman doesn’t want their dream body. I think a lot of women’s mental health would be improved with lipo to be honest, and so many people live with scars. She’s talking about it like it’s already a forgone conclusion and she’ll ‘try’ to save. She needs to learn if you can’t afford it you go without. If she can’t save enough it’s tough.

Are you really going to be begging for lipo? That woman! Has no money and is already planning to “tidy up” the first operation. She wouldn’t have had that on the NHS and she knows it. She needs to learn if she can’t afford it, it’s tough; she can’t have a second cosmetic round of surgery. If you haven’t got it, you go without.

This is a bit of a rant but I think to do a a second round would be the lowest of the low. If she hasn’t got any money that’s her own problem.
Is it £6000 for the revision :oops: that's a disgrace she'd beg for nearly £ 15,000 off people while making excuses not to work.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.