Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet she went straight to a medical intervention to turn the baby. I'm in no way saying she was wrong in doing that, but the way she preaches about necessary interventions and your body can handle your baby whatever size ect, I am really surprised she went for that option
She had that intervention because she’d rather cook her placenta and eat it than have a c-section. Oh no wait she actually is going to cook her placenta and eat it, my bad!

You have never heard her say she would not accept help either! Stop assuming she will purposely harm her baby!
Why can’t she question things? It’s her right? Just like everyone else, just because she chooses to do her research and not take the doctors advice does not mean she is kicking up a fuss.
Yeah it’s fine she knows her rights etc but her constant defiance towards medical intervention and staff is a kick in the teeth for every woman who had no choice but to be cut open so their baby would survive, or left incontinent from a botched forceps delivery because their baby was stuck.

When you’re in that situation, you don’t ask questions, you do what you’re told will keep your baby safe because you’re too scared at the thought of not taking them home.

Phoebe has had one extremely rosy experience of childbirth, one that differs wildly from woman suffering PTSD, PND and who are sitting at home reading her posts wondering ‘if I’d asked more questions and read more books, maybe this wouldn’t have happened to me.’

That is why what she preaches is dangerous and that is why it leaves such a sour taste in a lot of people’s mouths.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I agree she comes across as preachy, but for people to assume she will knowingly harm her baby just to be ‘right’ is crazy.

My trust want to induce me at 40 weeks (not even full term by the nhs guidelines) because my last baby was small, for no other reason, not taking into account the size of this baby or anything, people blindly trust doctors, maybe due to their own naivety, but it’s crazy, you only get one life so I think it’s sensible to have thoughts and a say on how you and your body are treated

Pahahhaha I haven’t agreed with everything she has said. Questioning doctors does not make you annoying, it could save your life and the life of your baby. I’m passionate about people being informed and making the right choices for them, that does not make her a bad person and it certainly doesn’t make me Peobe
Ginger pubes is annoying no matter what she does

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just to play devil’s advocate here...do we actually know for sure that she’s refused any treatment/gone against medical advice? I know she’s said LOTS of times about people having rights, being informed, you can refuse treatment or interventions etc etc, but I don’t recall her ever having actually come out and said ‘you should definitely ignore all doctors no matter what’ or ‘even if they tell me my baby will die I still won’t listen to them’.
Actually, from what I recall, she seems to have followed most medical advice in this pregnancy and the last. She said she was planning a home birth last time, but ended up in hospital on medical advice due to getting close to 42 weeks. She opted for the procedure to turn the baby this time, rather than going ahead with a potential breech birth naturally. She’s also consultant-led and had obviously been going for extra scans as part of that, which presumably she would have refused if she truly did have the ‘I’m ignoring all medical advice no matter what’ approach that others seem to think she has?
There’s no denying she’s preachy and condescending AF, but it does seem to me that the point she’s trying to get across (however badly) is that everybody should know their options and that they have a right to say ‘no’ IF they feel that’s the best option for them...not that they should automatically say no, no matter what the advice and what the circumstances.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Imagine being sat next to her at a dinner party or a wedding or something 😮😫🤣 I'd end up faking my own death or something to get out of there!
faking my own death 😂 imagine being her consultant or midwife, bleeping hell!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just to play devil’s advocate here...do we actually know for sure that she’s refused any treatment/gone against medical advice? I know she’s said LOTS of times about people having rights, being informed, you can refuse treatment or interventions etc etc, but I don’t recall her ever having actually come out and said ‘you should definitely ignore all doctors no matter what’ or ‘even if they tell me my baby will die I still won’t listen to them’.
Actually, from what I recall, she seems to have followed most medical advice in this pregnancy and the last. She said she was planning a home birth last time, but ended up in hospital on medical advice due to getting close to 42 weeks. She opted for the procedure to turn the baby this time, rather than going ahead with a potential breech birth naturally. She’s also consultant-led and had obviously been going for extra scans as part of that, which presumably she would have refused if she truly did have the ‘I’m ignoring all medical advice no matter what’ approach that others seem to think she has?
There’s no denying she’s preachy and condescending AF, but it does seem to me that the point she’s trying to get across (however badly) is that everybody should know their options and that they have a right to say ‘no’ IF they feel that’s the best option for them...not that they should automatically say no, no matter what the advice and what the circumstances.
The whole reason I'm on this thread is because she's a spoilt brat, she's trying to come across like a hippy but you know if she needs medical intervention she won't risk her kid for any hippy notions. That being said I still can't stand her.

Reactions: 9
She had that intervention because she’d rather cook her placenta and eat it than have a c-section. Oh no wait she actually is going to cook her placenta and eat it, my bad!

Yeah it’s fine she knows her rights etc but her constant defiance towards medical intervention and staff is a kick in the teeth for every woman who had no choice but to be cut open so their baby would survive, or left incontinent from a botched forceps delivery because their baby was stuck.

When you’re in that situation, you don’t ask questions, you do what you’re told will keep your baby safe because you’re too scared at the thought of not taking them home.

Phoebe has had one extremely rosy experience of childbirth, one that differs wildly from woman suffering PTSD, PND and who are sitting at home reading her posts wondering ‘if I’d asked more questions and read more books, maybe this wouldn’t have happened to me.’

That is why what she preaches is dangerous and that is why it leaves such a sour taste in a lot of people’s mouths.
This is simply outstandingly well put! 🙏 I think I love you

Reactions: 7
Hate this phrase... but at the end of the day I think she is only pushing all of this because she's seen a gap in the market & wants to be known as some wise sage, hippy, free wheeling mummy blogger, where the real cash is. She wants to be known as a woman raising sassy kids on a sometimes in debt budget (duck off) ... she's just here to try and make money off her following (as they all do in the end) I don't think she really gives a tit about anyone else as she's quite happy to try and tap up a fan for a swipe up when it suits her.. or an ad or two. I write about mick smugnel on tattle because I think she's an absolute prick and talks a lot of shite a lot of the time.

Reactions: 11
Hate this phrase... but at the end of the day I think she is only pushing all of this because she's seen a gap in the market & wants to be known as some wise sage, hippy, free wheeling mummy blogger, where the real cash is. She wants to be known as a woman raising sassy kids on a sometimes in debt budget (duck off) ... she's just here to try and make money off her following (as they all do in the end) I don't think she really gives a tit about anyone else as she's quite happy to try and tap up a fan for a swipe up when it suits her.. or an ad or two. I write about mick smugnel on tattle because I think she's an absolute prick and talks a lot of shite a lot of the time.
I thought yesterday when she posted about Vesper being such a chilled out child and then thought the amount of times she says she throws a strop over something

• Haha
I thought yesterday when she posted about Vesper being such a chilled out child and then thought the amount of times she says she throws a strop over something
Yeah totally! I don't believe a word she says. She switches up to what makes her seem relatable and keep her followers, at any given time. She was so different before she had Vesper. Little bit annoying at times 😂 but she's on another level now.

Reactions: 5
She’s a ginger, yuppy fat funny one (neither of them are funny), trying to know it all, preach about tit she has very little knowledge of, trying to get her fingers in all of the pies (literally and metaphorically) for the Instagram likes to feel important. twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think pregnancy is a personal thing for every woman as we are all different.
I had to be induced the day before my ‘due date’ as all way through my pregnancy my blood pressure was steadily going up but was completely missed by my midwife until the day I went for my sweep. (Which just shows that things can be missed!) He also had next to no fluid round him so for me, it was for the best to be induced. There were no complications, everything went well & I was so thankful I had a healthy baby boy!
I’d really like to think that no woman would put herself or her baby in a dangerous position by refusing medical help if needed. And to be honest, I haven’t seen anything that says Feebs would. If she carried on with the ‘I know my body’ stuff when she’s been advised for actual medical reasons then it says a lot about her. Here’s hoping she has the amazing birth she’s planning for!

Reactions: 6
All quiet on the stories isn’t it, mama earth must be breathing her baby out at a guess! I’m thinking it’ll be a Boy!

• Haha
All quiet on the stories isn’t it, mama earth must be breathing her baby out at a guess! I’m thinking it’ll be a Boy!
Called it 😆 Glad the little one is here safe, although I’m confused why she’s allowed a home birth with her bmi? I thought you wasn’t? Or has she most likely done it her way anyway?

Reactions: 8
Called it 😆 Glad the little one is here safe, although I’m confused why she’s allowed a home birth with her bmi? I thought you wasn’t? Or has she most likely done it her way anyway?
Nobody can stop you having a home birth. They can recommend you don’t, but if you decide to go ahead then they will still come out to you because they have a duty of care.
I’m pretty sure my BMI is higher than Feebs, and it’s my first pregnancy, but as I’m otherwise low risk (so far, still early day so that could change) my midwife has said that she has no concerns about me having a home birth if I want one. She had already had a straightforward first birth which I’m sure will have gone in her favour as well.

I could’ve done without the topless pic of Big Jim to be honest, but pleased that the baby is here safely and she managed to have the birth she wanted. (Although, of course, it will make her 1000000x more intolerably from now on)

Nobody can stop you having a home birth. They can recommend you don’t, but if you decide to go ahead then they will still come out to you because they have a duty of care.
I’m pretty sure my BMI is higher than Feebs, and it’s my first pregnancy, but as I’m otherwise low risk (so far, still early day so that could change) my midwife has said that she has no concerns about me having a home birth if I want one. She had already had a straightforward first birth which I’m sure will have gone in her favour as well.

I could’ve done without the topless pic of Big Jim to be honest, but pleased that the baby is here safely and she managed to have the birth she wanted. (Although, of course, it will make her 1000000x more intolerably from now on)
Ah I think I’ve got mixed up I think in hospitals they won’t let you have a water birth if your bmi is over a certain number, I certainly got told that with my last as I was well over it! I guess though with home birth you’re right as they do have a duty of care if that’s what you want to do! I think the baby looks like Jim in the last pic of him!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.