Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad the baby is here safe and both him and feebz are well but duck sake, not gonna hear the end of her home birth for weeks, months years to come
now.

Should of known she was planning a home birth the hippy smuggy ginger minger. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Pleased for her, but prepare yourselves - this homebirth will make her next level smug.

Reactions: 14
Nobody can stop you having a home birth. They can recommend you donā€™t, but if you decide to go ahead then they will still come out to you because they have a duty of care.
Iā€™m pretty sure my BMI is higher than Feebs, and itā€™s my first pregnancy, but as Iā€™m otherwise low risk (so far, still early day so that could change) my midwife has said that she has no concerns about me having a home birth if I want one. She had already had a straightforward first birth which Iā€™m sure will have gone in her favour as well.

I couldā€™ve done without the topless pic of Big Jim to be honest, but pleased that the baby is here safely and she managed to have the birth she wanted. (Although, of course, it will make her 1000000x more intolerably from now on)
Was thinking the exact same thing about Jim šŸ¤£

Reactions: 5
Ah I think Iā€™ve got mixed up I think in hospitals they wonā€™t let you have a water birth if your bmi is over a certain number, I certainly got told that with my last as I was well over it! I guess though with home birth youā€™re right as they do have a duty of care if thatā€™s what you want to do! I think the baby looks like Jim in the last pic of him!
You can still have a water birth at hospital with a high bmi, you just need to have a meeting with the head of Midwifery and have an individualised care plan put in place. Itā€™s your human right to give birth where and how you want

Reactions: 1
Glad the baby is here safe but also worried about the smugness! Hopefully she will be too busy looking after two children to go on about it too much??

Reactions: 3
You can still have a water birth at hospital with a high bmi, you just need to have a meeting with the head of Midwifery and have an individualised care plan put in place. Itā€™s your human right to give birth where and how you want
Within reason, not in a stable to be like Mary, unless you didn't tell them šŸ˜

Reactions: 4
Good Luck I hope everything goes to plan and you get the birth you want ā˜˜
I hope I do to! I was induced with my first and it was awful, I was told I HAD to be induced, so this time round Iā€™m more defensive of being told what to do, my meeting to discuss my water birth is next week!

Reactions: 5
I hope I do to! I was induced with my first and it was awful, I was told I HAD to be induced, so this time round Iā€™m more defensive of being told what to do, my meeting to discuss my water birth is next week!
Yeah if you have to have your waters broke then be induced by the synt if the prostin doesnā€™t send you into labour naturally itā€™s really uncomfortable and contractions are so painful.

Can totally understand your reasoning behind this birth and hopefully the pool/pools are free šŸ™ˆ thereā€™s only one in my trust and hardly gets used only for the latent stage šŸ™

Yeah if you have to have your waters broke then be induced by the synt if the prostin doesnā€™t send you into labour naturally itā€™s really uncomfortable and contractions are so painful.

Can totally understand your reasoning behind this birth and hopefully the pool/pools are free šŸ™ˆ thereā€™s only one in my trust and hardly gets used only for the latent stage šŸ™
I was induced, was not fun. The midwife stuck what looked like a knitting needle up my hooha, what's not to love.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Thereā€™s only one in my trust too! I hate the thought of inductions and people choosing them freely freak me out, there are so many studies that show they cause a cascade of interventions. šŸ™

Reactions: 2
I was induced, was not fun. The midwife stuck what looked like a knitting needle up my hooha, what's not to love.
No itā€™s definitely not, unless there is a medical reason as to why you need to be induced then I am really against it.

Thereā€™s only one in my trust too! I hate the thought of inductions and people choosing them freely freak me out, there are so many studies that show they cause a cascade of interventions. šŸ™
Yeah itā€™s because they are inpatient and some push and push for Induction so totally agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Have a little read up on feminism.
Get on your freedom of choice and womanā€™s rights high horse all you want tbh I couldnā€™t care less. But clinical guidelines are there for a reason, for many reasons to do with the mothers health, and the babyā€™s health, but also to protect a midwife and her health continually pulling 17 stone plus women out of water pools, should anything go wrong. Bit hypocritical of you to want rights for the mother, but not for the female health worker? Or do they not matter too, thatā€™s the thing about feminism in this case the morality isn't just about the mother. Feebs was determined to get the birth she wanted at any cost, this time it has worked out for her and the baby, thankfully.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.