Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get what your saying but there are medical reasons at 42 weeks to be induced. After 42 weeks the placenta doesn't work as it did and can reduce the oxygen to baby etc. That's the reason that doctors don't just leave the baby up there until 'it's ready'. She's completely irresponsible in my opinion.
I’m not scaremongering, but I remember reading this article earlier this year: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...regnancy-research-cancelled-babies-die-sweden
Maybe Feebs should give a more balanced view and actually take medical advice into consideration - if not for herself, but to inform her followers? I think it’s been mentioned before on several posts where she dismisses medical knowledge (nurses, health visitors etc) but this could be really harmful to people!

Reactions: 4
My mums a midwife and I know most of her and her colleagues would agree with feebs to an extent on this. You have to remember your due date is just a prediction and it’s quite easy for them to be 2 weeks out. I knew when I conceived my first baby, yet my due date made it a week earlier, so when I had him 12 days late I knew it was more like 3 days late. The scan is just a prediction and I think her point is just not to take everything so literally. Especially if you take into account from having sex it’s possible it can take 7 days to actually conceive, adds even more uncertainty into the mix. She probably just should cover herself more maybe and tell women to listen to their own HC professionals!

Reactions: 6
What a joke 🙄 my best mate is being induced tomorrow because her baby is measuring quite big, he's running out of room and she's super uncomfortable. It wouldn't be safe for her to wait until 42 weeks (if she was to take that long), but no sorry cos feebs said so I'll tell her not to bother 🤦🏼‍♀️
Babies never run out of room. That is so dangerous to say. And having a big baby is no reason to induce, the NICE guidelines (which the nhs follow) state this clearly, UNLESS there is another medical complication that could put mum and baby at risk

I get what your saying but there are medical reasons at 42 weeks to be induced. After 42 weeks the placenta doesn't work as it did and can reduce the oxygen to baby etc. That's the reason that doctors don't just leave the baby up there until 'it's ready'. She's completely irresponsible in my opinion.
this is incorrect. The placenta can work just as well after 42 weeks as it can before, and some studies show the risk of still birth goes down after 42 weeks.
it is very hard to find clinical evidence on the subject as pregnant mothers are never going to be put at risk just to find out.
There have been cases where Women at 37 weeks have had failing placentas. It all depends on the woman’s cycle and the actual gestation of the baby, which is very hard to figure out unless you know exactly what point you conceived
Being 42 weeks pregnant is not a medical reason to be induced

I just don’t understand why she’s so against it personally 🤷‍♀️ Arguing that there may only be slight risks and you can still wait etc, just get the baby out!!! She’s so opposed and I don’t get it,is she not fed up of being pregnant by now!
Also just seen her Q&A’s, are people seriously asking if she has any advice on how to conceive and how long it took 🤣🤣🤣
Being induced earlier than both your body and baby are ready can cause a whole host of unnecessary interventions, instrumental delivery and c sections. Which have more risks themselves than simply not inducing

My mums a midwife and I know most of her and her colleagues would agree with feebs to an extent on this. You have to remember your due date is just a prediction and it’s quite easy for them to be 2 weeks out. I knew when I conceived my first baby, yet my due date made it a week earlier, so when I had him 12 days late I knew it was more like 3 days late. The scan is just a prediction and I think her point is just not to take everything so literally. Especially if you take into account from having sex it’s possible it can take 7 days to actually conceive, adds even more uncertainty into the mix. She probably just should cover herself more maybe and tell women to listen to their own HC professionals!
whole heartedly agree with this, every woman is different and so are their cycles, just because one womans body does one thing doesn’t mean the next woman will be the same. and the nhs has the tendency to pigeonhole people into categories simply because it makes their life easier

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Babies never run out of room. That is so dangerous to say. And having a big baby is no reason to induce, the NICE guidelines (which the nhs follow) state this clearly, UNLESS there is another medical complication that could put mum and baby at risk
When I say running out of room I don't mean literally haha, he's got less room to move now and he's been measuring a lot bigger on the last few checks but she's barely changed in size at all. In the last week though the shape had completely changed!

• Haha
Reactions: 2

this is incorrect. The placenta can work just as well after 42 weeks as it can before, and some studies show the risk of still birth goes down after 42 weeks.
it is very hard to find clinical evidence on the subject as pregnant mothers are never going to be put at risk just to find out.
There have been cases where Women at 37 weeks have had failing placentas. It all depends on the woman’s cycle and the actual gestation of the baby, which is very hard to figure out unless you know exactly what point you conceived
Being 42 weeks pregnant is not a medical reason to be induced

Being induced earlier than both your body and baby are ready can cause a whole host of unnecessary interventions, instrumental delivery and c sections. Which have more risks themselves than simply not inducing

whole heartedly agree with this, every woman is different and so are their cycles, just because one womans body does one thing doesn’t mean the next woman will be the same. and the nhs has the tendency to pigeonhole people into categories simply because it makes their life easier
so phoebe, if baby is in danger and your life too, they said you needed a C section or had to be induced, are you still going to say no cos your baby knows best??! I really do hope all does well but please so prepare for the unexpected!

so phoebe, if baby is in danger and your life too, they said you needed a C section or had to be induced, are you still going to say no cos your baby knows best??! I really do hope all does well but please so prepare for the unexpected!
Lol I’m not phoebe.
my point is that she is correct, some inductions are done unnecessarily, I know, I had one two years ago. And for you to say she would purposely put her child’s life in danger is outrageous.

Trust guidelines vary on need for induction at 42 weeks, my trust begins to get twitchy around the 40+12 mark. Obviously women can make a fully informed choice to decline this. I don't necessarily think feebs is in the wrong to discuss this BUT she's very fortunate to have had a very straight forward 1st pregnancy and birth so I don't think she knows how it is on the other side of that.

Reactions: 3
Lol I’m not phoebe.
my point is that she is correct, some inductions are done unnecessarily, I know, I had one two years ago. And for you to say she would purposely put her child’s life in danger is outrageous.
Eh! How is it, that’s all she bangs on about, doing it her way and not listening to people giving the best advice. She’s said before she’s doing her own thing no matter what they advice her cos she’s read all the books and knows best of course

Eh! How is it, that’s all she bangs on about, doing it her way and not listening to people giving the best advice. She’s said before she’s doing her own thing no matter what they advice her cos she’s read all the books and knows best of course
You think by her making an informed decision is putting her child’s life in danger?? She has never ever said she would put her child’s life in danger and for you to assume that is ridiculous

doctors don’t always know what is best and that’s the point, yes they do the majority of the time but not always, what is right for one person is not right for another. And that’s why we have the right to choose what treatment to accept and what treatment to decline.

Trust guidelines vary on need for induction at 42 weeks, my trust begins to get twitchy around the 40+12 mark. Obviously women can make a fully informed choice to decline this. I don't necessarily think feebs is in the wrong to discuss this BUT she's very fortunate to have had a very straight forward 1st pregnancy and birth so I don't think she knows how it is on the other side of that.
My trust is 40+7 it’s crazy how they much they differ,
My first birth was not straight forward but that is because I was induced and it lead to a whole host of interventions that were not necessary, they happened because of ‘policy’

• Sad
Why does phoebe know better though? 🤷‍♀️ Surely if they say they need to intervene she would let them for god sake

Reactions: 5
Why does phoebe know better though? 🤷‍♀️ Surely if they say they need to intervene she would let them for god sake
Because doctors are not always right! What’s best for one woman isn’t what’s best for another. It’s her body and she can choose to give birth how she wants, it’s literally her human right. That goes for every woman, we don’t have to sit down and shut up like the good little girls we are.

Everyone wants a safe and happy baby but our own choices and rights do not become irrelevant because of this.

why would you think she would put her baby in danger? No one in their right mind would put their baby in danger.

Because doctors are not always right! What’s best for one woman isn’t what’s best for another. It’s her body and she can choose to give birth how she wants, it’s literally her human right. That goes for every woman, we don’t have to sit down and shut up like the good little girls we are.

Everyone wants a safe and happy baby but our own choices and rights do not become irrelevant because of this.

why would you think she would put her baby in danger? No one in their right mind would put their baby in danger.
this is my whole point 🙄 really don’t get why she’s kicking up such a fuss and doesn’t just get on with it, arguing against everything. Must be exhausting. Don’t know what her issue is with professionals and why she doesn’t trust them it’s quite scary to be honest how she thinks she knows better. Iv never once heard her say at what point she will listen and accept help if she needs to she seems very stubborn so that’s what makes me think that. Because she thinks she doesn’t need to listen and knows best. That could easily put her life in danger, no?!

Reactions: 1

I think it’s her preachy attitude that gives the perception she is going to ignore medical advice - regardless of if she is going to or not.
I agree, there are some really good parts to being informed about birth/option/BRAIN etc, especially if it helps people have a more natural birth (though not everyone gets that choice!)

this is my whole point 🙄 really don’t get why she’s kicking up such a fuss and doesn’t just get on with it, arguing against everything. Must be exhausting. Don’t know what her issue is with professionals and why she doesn’t trust them it’s quite scary to be honest how she thinks she knows better. Iv never once heard her say at what point she will listen and accept help if she needs to she seems very stubborn so that’s what makes me think that. Because she thinks she doesn’t need to listen and knows best. That could easily put her life in danger, no?!
You have never heard her say she would not accept help either! Stop assuming she will purposely harm her baby!
Why can’t she question things? It’s her right? Just like everyone else, just because she chooses to do her research and not take the doctors advice does not mean she is kicking up a fuss.

Yet she went straight to a medical intervention to turn the baby. I'm in no way saying she was wrong in doing that, but the way she preaches about necessary interventions and your body can handle your baby whatever size ect, I am really surprised she went for that option

You have never heard her say she would not accept help either! Stop assuming she will purposely harm her baby!
Why can’t she question things? It’s her right? Just like everyone else, just because she chooses to do her research and not take the doctors advice does not mean she is kicking up a fuss.
Il assume what I want with her preachy attitude until she says otherwise. She questions everything, deffo one of those annoying people! She really is kicking up a fuss I’d hate to be her midwife. Just admit you’re phoebe seriously, who else would come here so passionately defending her, why bother! Agreeing with everything she says. Wrong thread.

• Heart
I think it’s her preachy attitude that gives the perception she is going to ignore medical advice - regardless of if she is going to or not.
I agree, there are some really good parts to being informed about birth/option/BRAIN etc, especially if it helps people have a more natural birth (though not everyone gets that choice!)
I agree she comes across as preachy, but for people to assume she will knowingly harm her baby just to be ‘right’ is crazy.

My trust want to induce me at 40 weeks (not even full term by the nhs guidelines) because my last baby was small, for no other reason, not taking into account the size of this baby or anything, people blindly trust doctors, maybe due to their own naivety, but it’s crazy, you only get one life so I think it’s sensible to have thoughts and a say on how you and your body are treated

Il assume what I want with her preachy attitude until she says otherwise. She questions everything, deffo one of those annoying people! She really is kicking up a fuss I’d hate to be her midwife. Just admit you’re phoebe seriously, who else would come here so passionately defending her, why bother! Agreeing with everything she says. Wrong thread.
Pahahhaha I haven’t agreed with everything she has said. Questioning doctors does not make you annoying, it could save your life and the life of your baby. I’m passionate about people being informed and making the right choices for them, that does not make her a bad person and it certainly doesn’t make me Peobe

Feebs seems hell bent on trying to prove a point one way or another. She just wants to be right and declare herself as an expert in childbirth. I'm surprised with her confidence that she hasn't insisted on a home birth, but even she must know better than to risk that.
I could just imagine her becoming a doula.

Feebs seems hell bent on trying to prove a point one way or another. She just wants to be right and declare herself as an expert in childbirth. I'm surprised with her confidence that she hasn't insisted on a home birth, but even she must know better than to risk that.
I could just imagine her becoming a doula.
I think she is too optimistic to a fault, with hypnobirthing you have to imagine nothing will go wrong, and you’re more than capable of doing everything yourself without help from the doctors, but you do have to think and plan for things to go wrong at some point

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.